Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

No one’s saying tear Collins’ contract up, we just need more strikers around him for a long, brutal season.

He’s having a good pre season, so fair play to him. 

3 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Aged well...

..although on a second reading I think you meant  he'll be waiting for people to shut up rather than for Collins to score!

Good job you read it twice as when he doesn’t score on Saturday they will be back 

So, wait..... 

The guy who doesn't get in decent scoring positions has for the second time in three games got in a good scoring position....

And the guy that can't finish has got his second goal of pre season

And the guy the can't head has got one of those goals from a header?

But but but but........  

4 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

So, wait..... 

The guy who doesn't get in decent scoring positions has for the second time in three games got in a good scoring position....

But but but but........  

little britain television GIF

31 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Likewise then, don’t read the thread!

I wasn't criticising the thread, just the over the top comments by some fans. The results in these games are irrelevant but some fans see this as an extension of the season.

The clubs are partly to blame for turning these games into income streams without pointing out the relevance of them for those that can't work it out for themselves.

On the specifics of today's game, James Collins is getting loads of stick and yet I guarantee that his confidence will be high, having scored 2 goals in three games.

2 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

So, wait..... 

But but but but........  

You realise that the defences in League One tend to be better at marking than the defences in the Northern Premier League Premier Division & National League?

tbf I'm sure he will get a decent amount from Ward's balls throughout the season, but gloating about him scoring against teams 2-4 levels below is a bit weird.