Summer Rumour Mill

sage

4 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Me too, or are we being too harsh. Hard worker but does he contribute enough? Goals and assists 

Even ignoring his goals and assists, or lack there of, he’s a player with a tremendous motor but lacks vision and technical ability. If you want a player to keep things ticking by and press off the ball then he’s great for that. If you want a player to receive the ball and do something positive with it then he’s not the guy. Truthfully, if the shoe was on the other foot and we were linked with Knight (especially at an inflated £5m figure) then I’d be worried about what sort of tangible output we would get from him. An attacking midfielder who would struggle to have more than 10 goal contributions for £5m just because he runs around a lot wouldn’t be my ideal of value.  

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Even ignoring his goals and assists, or lack there of, he’s a player with a tremendous motor but lacks vision and technical ability. If you want a player to keep things ticking by and press off the ball then he’s great for that. If you want a player to receive the ball and do something positive with it then he’s not the guy. Truthfully, if the shoe was on the other foot and we were linked with Knight (especially at an inflated £5m figure) then I’d be worried about what sort of tangible output we would get from him. An attacking midfielder who would struggle to have more than 10 goal contributions for £5m just because he runs around a lot wouldn’t be my ideal of value.  

Could’ve waited to say that after we sold him! Scouts are reading this forum lol 

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So there should be as well - experienced championship and international player who can play in many positions and definitely our most sellable asset and has been injury free - us being a third division club is irrelevant and we should be getting big money for him and obviously I would want him to stay but Clowes didn’t buy Derby county because he wanted a football club so we have to be self financing for Warne to get us promoted. 

Given what certain clubs can afford to spend on a sub who may have a high ceiling, he may fetch more than we thought 

He's an ideal sub/rotation for a higher team, he's versatile, he brings energy (in defence or attack depending what role he's put in), my impression is when he wasn't starting for us he carried on working hard and didn't sulk, and same when he was playing out of position at rb

6 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Can't see a massive fee but then again Jeff Hendrick went for near on 12 million didn't he. 

The market is daft for young international players no matter how good they are, hope we milk the fee. 

Hendrick was our best sellable asset - again good engine with huge championship and international experience and has gone on to have a decent premiership career - no difference from Knight in my opinion with knight being more adaptable in where he could slot in.

12 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Can't see a massive fee but then again Jeff Hendrick went for near on 12 million didn't he

The market is daft for young international players no matter how good they are, hope we milk the fee. 

Blimey did he? 

Stephen Kenny Republic of Ireland manager on Knight:

"He's another one on the verge of a move now."

"A lot of clubs want to buy Jason, which will be good for him, to get back to playing at a level higher than League One."

"Derby have been great to him, he's played a high amount of games for them for someone so young. But he's at that stage where he probably needs to go and play at a higher level to kick on."

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£9m, but I dont know if that's only upfront or all inclusive

I think it was £10.5 million plus sell ons which we never got as he went on a free to Newcastle - that said our best premiership sale by a distance 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think it was £10.5 million plus sell ons which we never got as he went on a free to Newcastle - that said our best premiership sale by a distance 

Not by a distance, we sold Ince to newly promoted Huddersfield for £10m, after buying him for £4.75m two years prior.