Summer Rumour Mill

sage

9 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I’ve been told we’re close to a few, no names as of yet apart from Washington which I’m led to believe is pretty much done. No updates re Bradley unfortunately 

Strange re Washington, thought he was injured 🤕 

It does seem a bit weird given PW's focus on fitness that we're a few weeks into pre-season and we don't have more signings through the door. It's not like we didn't know the end of the season was coming. Back in the day, they'd be loads of signings on the first day of player expiry as deals were done way before contract expiry (as they often do in the Prem).

4 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

It does seem a bit weird given PW's focus on fitness that we're a few weeks into pre-season and we don't have more signings through the door. It's not like we didn't know the end of the season was coming. Back in the day, they'd be loads of signings on the first day of player expiry as deals were done way before contract expiry (as they often do in the Prem).

TBH I don’t care if our centre forward is swigging from a can of beer and smoking a fag as long as they put the ball in the net when a chance comes 😊

Unless I've completely made it up, I think out of contract players still get paid by their old club in July if they don't get signed by another club?

Perhaps we have agreed signings training with us but they're delaying signing with us if they're getting a lower wage at Derby than at their old club? 🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

A few days into pre season, not even a week yet......

1 hour ago, Raich Carter said:

Fitness is very important to Paul Warne and they have to be the right “Type”. Is that how we ended up with Tony Springett in January ? When a 5 goal midfielder / striker would have got us over the line and we would have been talking about playing Leeds and Leicester.

4 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Fitness is very important to Paul Warne and they have to be the right “Type”. Is that how we ended up with Tony Springett in January ? When a 5 goal midfielder / striker would have got us over the line and we would have been talking about playing Leeds and Leicester.

At that moment in time a very average Chris Martin would have had us in a much better position because as you say Springett gave us nothing apart from from filling in the opponents in training - White also gave us nothing and in fact cost us penalties and points in very harsh circumstances 

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Im a Warne fan but agree with this 

I think Warne finds it difficult to sign players …they maybe want to come here as he mentioned it’s easy to get players to come to DCFC 

But I think players have to tick a lot of boxes to get signed and it’s not Warne to sign loads of players this method is both good for getting the right characters but also may mean we also don’t sign players that maybe decent but don’t fit his ideals 

I sometimes think just good instinct is a good tool to have in your locker as not everyone gets on with everyone in the place of work but do get his ethos 

just hope that doesn’t spoil some deals which would’ve had a major impact where it matters most and that’s on the pitch 

10 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Can see the point you're making but I think it's very harsh to use last season as a comparison - we were under so many restrictions and it was a difficult market even for clubs that could spend money, especially in January.

This is the window to judge Warne by!

10 hours ago, Srg said:

The Washington one is still odd when you compare it to what his current manager says, and he won’t be fit for a while after an operation. 

They need to make use of George Thorne and bieliks medical table somehow. 

if we do end up with Washington and Collins and a loan striker then promotion is a goodbye 

16 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Like you say warne wants fitness and runners. Washington can run 26 mile in a game and I wouldn’t care. He can’t hit a barn door and was in the worse 11 for the championship and a team who want to get promoted into the league above are taking a serious look apparently which is beyond unbelievable for a guy who scored 5 goals even makes Collins look like drogba 

either our recruitment team who have replaced the existing one is still pants or he’s blackmailing warne with some seedy information to even take a look in the first place 

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Unless I've completely made it up, I think out of contract players still get paid by their old club in July if they don't get signed by another club?

Perhaps we have agreed signings training with us but they're delaying signing with us if they're getting a lower wage at Derby than at their old club? 🤷‍♂️

You are correct on the first point, I used to know some local non-league players when Albion were in the conference and it was definitely a factor for them.

Seems the ruling has now changed and  if a players move includes a salary drop then the former club must still pay the difference for that period. Imagine that still that means we're still chucking Davies a few quid a week through July.

Section six of the EFL’s rules and regulations says, “If such Player's application is successful he shall continue to receive from his Club as severance payment his weekly basic wage for a period of one month from the expiry date of his contract or until the Player signs for another Club, whichever period is the shorter, provided that where a Player signs for a Club within one month at a reduced basic wage then his old Club shall make up the shortfall in basic wage for the remainder of the month.”

49 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

Ok but you know what I mean. Not digging at the club, just saying I'd have thought PW would be mad keen to get 'em in early. Obviously not that simple

Must be able to run for 90mins, Have a great attitude, Able to get on with other players, Does as he's asked by the coaching team, Eats his greens, Doesn't mop his plate up with a slice of bread, Doesn't slurp his tea, Must be able to drive, Must be able to salute Sir David Clowes at every opportunity and doesn't mind doubling up in bed when away on a training camp...and finally not after a great wage 😁