Summer Rumour Mill

sage

We are being linked with Billy Sharp, thankfully Rotherham are also linked with him. At 37 he's not even a good substitute in my book.

We potentially could look at premier league loans, how about ... Yegor Yarmolyuk (Brentford, attacking midfielder), Luke Plange (Crystal palace), Malcolm Ebiowei (Crystal Palace).

According to journalist Darren Witcoop, Derby County is interested in Ipswich Town striker Freddie Ladapo, with Rams boss Paul Warne being "a big fan" of the 30-year-old after working with him at Rotherham. However, Witcoop claimed that Ipswich Town "won't entertain any bids" for Ladapo. After the arrival of George Hirst from Leicester City, Ipswich Town's stance may have changed.

Three potential loan signings that could be knight replacements we might want to consider ... Greg Docherty (Hull City), Ollie Rathbone (Rotherham United), Marc Leonard (Brighton and Hove Albion).

Nigerian striker joins us on trial ... https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=48082

In the meantime, great news for us regarding Barnsley ...

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/breaking-promotion-rivals-hit-by-efl-charges-as-opponents-of-portsmouth-derby-county-bolton-wanderers-charlton-athletic-co-dealt-significant-blow-4217359

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Birmingham got done for similar offenses resulting 2 points penalty suspended for a short period of time, a gentle tap on the wrist.

13 hours ago, Oldben said:

We are being linked with Billy Sharp, thankfully Rotherham are also linked with him. At 37 he's not even a good substitute in my book.

We potentially could look at premier league loans, how about ... Yegor Yarmolyuk (Brentford, attacking midfielder), Luke Plange (Crystal palace), Malcolm Ebiowei (Crystal Palace).

According to journalist Darren Witcoop, Derby County is interested in Ipswich Town striker Freddie Ladapo, with Rams boss Paul Warne being "a big fan" of the 30-year-old after working with him at Rotherham. However, Witcoop claimed that Ipswich Town "won't entertain any bids" for Ladapo. After the arrival of George Hirst from Leicester City, Ipswich Town's stance may have changed.

Three potential loan signings that could be knight replacements we might want to consider ... Greg Docherty (Hull City), Ollie Rathbone (Rotherham United), Marc Leonard (Brighton and Hove Albion).

Nigerian striker joins us on trial ... https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=48082

In the meantime, great news for us regarding Barnsley ...

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/breaking-promotion-rivals-hit-by-efl-charges-as-opponents-of-portsmouth-derby-county-bolton-wanderers-charlton-athletic-co-dealt-significant-blow-4217359

I don't like clapping for others misfortune.  I didnt like the things said about us so will not cheer for others misfortune 

On 11/07/2023 at 11:48, EnigmaRam said:

I’d be happy with that, and I agree regarding the CB. Bernard as a free agent would be good and probably the best there is available. Dack would be a cheat code in league one. Not sure how much Collins would be though 

Bradley Dack is very tidy on the ball, but is also dirty, and nasty with it. No matter what positives he could bring, I don’t want his type associated with our club.

On 11/07/2023 at 12:08, SFox1993 said:

I think sibley is more than good enough as a number 10 and LWB option tbh, worth keeping around.

We need to keep him so we can waste his potential by benching him or playing him out of position. It’s the Derby way.

On 11/07/2023 at 16:23, S8TY said:

Not nearly enough goals in any of those midfield combinations 

Also and not aimed at you but I wish some would see Sibley for what he is and that’s a bench player at best 

he had a small purple patch under Cocu …that’s it 

Bear in mind that his best position is as a number 10 and therefore needs a run of several matches in that position. It was where he played during his purple patch under Cocu, bur has never had a good run there since then. Rooney seemed to put the blockers on him, and has been pratted about ever since, including bring dropped after scoring twice in one match in a team that struggled to score.

I would love him to fulfil his potential here at Derby, but sadly he probably needs a move to a club who will let him play to his strengths.

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

We need to keep him so we can waste his potential by benching him or playing him out of position. It’s the Derby way.

Out of position where he probably had his best spell as a derby player 🤣

39 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Rumours suggested Smith and Knibbs were joining a club as a pair. Woth Knibbs' move finally being completed, it's no surprise Smith is following.

Why are people bothered about these too ? They’re about as prolific as Washington, if not worse. Yet Washington has got heaps of abuse.

4 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Brit Assomballoonga somebody (bloke who may know more than me) name dropped today. Not sure myself. 

I would take him all day. Always liked him. 

Not sure of his fitness. Belive he was playing in Turkey ( could be wrong ) but if he wanted and wasn't on stupid wages the trial defo.