Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, Jram said:

Loads on Twitter saying Sonny Bradley and Ruben Rodriguez are done. Don’t know who they are but I choose to believe they’re done deals 

Fingers crossed. Sonny Bradley would be a fantastic addition and it will be interesting to see if Rodrigues can do it at League One.

8 hours ago, Jram said:

Loads on Twitter saying Sonny Bradley and Ruben Rodriguez are done. Don’t know who they are but I choose to believe they’re done deals 

Seems to be a domino effect that happens on Twitter, one “ITK” account says something is happening and then several others repeat the same rumour. I always take with a pinch of salt until a more “reputable” source comes through with the info (typically the local press to Derby or Jon Percy etc) and things are pretty much done. 
However, this thread is the summer rumour mill and is definitely the place for wild speculation and optimistic predictions when it comes to signings. For what it’s worth I think they’d both be sensible additions on free transfers, one is a solid cb with plenty of experience through the leagues, the other is a young-ish (26) player who’s scored and assisted for fun at a lower level for a couple of years and could make the step up with relatively low risk to the club if the contract was sensible.

14 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

He has a decent goal scoring record, is in his prime and only has a year left on his contract. I think he is be worth using making Posh a offer now he is transfer listed. 

We could, but my guess woulld be we would need to spend everything we have for him and it still probably will not be enough to meet the over inflated prices from Posh. We could buy a number of good signings with the money we would spend on him.

30 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

We could, but my guess woulld be we would need to spend everything we have for him and it still probably will not be enough to meet the over inflated prices from Posh. We could buy a number of good signings with the money we would spend on him.

We could try inserting a "we'll return him for free in a couple of years" clause as that seems to be what happens when we splash out on peterborough strikers.....🙄🤣

I remember seeing Clarke-Harris play us for Rotherham and thinking he looked a really good prospect, and played very well against us.

He then seemed to just tread water for a few years and be in and out of the teams he was playing for.

He seems to have put it together in the last couple of seasons though.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Seems to be a domino effect that happens on Twitter, one “ITK” account says something is happening and then several others repeat the same rumour. I always take with a pinch of salt until a more “reputable” source comes through with the info (typically the local press to Derby or Jon Percy etc) and things are pretty much done. 
However, this thread is the summer rumour mill and is definitely the place for wild speculation and optimistic predictions when it comes to signings. For what it’s worth I think they’d both be sensible additions on free transfers, one is a solid cb with plenty of experience through the leagues, the other is a young-ish (26) player who’s scored and assisted for fun at a lower level for a couple of years and could make the step up with relatively low risk to the club if the contract was sensible.

Yeah I’m really embracing the excitement. Tbh, I prefer the wheeler dealer nature of our trading these days over the 2015 Mel era where you knew we would be blowing millions. It feels a lot more exciting knowing it’s low risk but you might find an Ebiowei or a Mcgoldrick and all the signings can’t really fail to meet expectations as there are none.

When we were signing Johnson et al, they were doomed from the start. I’d say in hindsight Johnson was a decent player for us but I always thought he was gash because of the price tag

52 minutes ago, Jram said:

Yeah I’m really embracing the excitement. Tbh, I prefer the wheeler dealer nature of our trading these days over the 2015 Mel era where you knew we would be blowing millions. It feels a lot more exciting knowing it’s low risk but you might find an Ebiowei or a Mcgoldrick and all the signings can’t really fail to meet expectations as there are none.

When we were signing Johnson et al, they were doomed from the start. I’d say in hindsight Johnson was a decent player for us but I always thought he was gash because of the price tag

Agree with this, in a wierd way I quite like the thought of actually get a player for a pittance and then a year or two later being astounded (in a good way) at the players value.

Johnson started really well with us then seemed to get worse. We had that way about us unfortunately, making players worse not better. Hopefully we are different now. We did the same with Butterfield, he had some ability but just looked miserable here. 

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I suppose it all depends on what the Posh would demand for him. I agree we need multiple signings though and we can't blow the budget on one man.

11 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Unless Warne is a hypnotist, or Leonardo DiCaprio as Dom Cobb in the film Inception, that isn't happening.

I hate to break it to you B4 but Warne is not well enough regarded in wider footballing circles, nor is the pull of playing for Derby that strong, that a player being given the opportunity to play two leagues above (The Premier League if Everton stay up), or the chance to play for a Champions League qualifying club (Fenerbache), or even the chance to play for a potentially top 6 EFL Championship club (if Everton go down!)  will sign for for Derby instead.

How do you know he is through I think I think he can get him If he want him.

29 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How do you know he is through I think I think he can get him If he want him.

Let's just see the other clubs in for him. Everton, udinese, bologna, fenerbache, Leeds, Burnley and a paper link of a return to Liverpool.

What do we, league 1 derby, possibly have that would make him turn down these clubs to join us.......

1 hour ago, derbydaz22 said:

Speaking to a Notts fan and he said he didn’t think Rodriguez would be a starter for us and after watching him in the play off final I thought he looked bang average.

I’d assume any player from non league would be a developmental option, rather than an outright starter. He had a bad game in the final, but unfortunately we simply can’t be in the market for players who don’t have bad games. He’s had a few good seasons, technical ability doesn’t look to be a problem, perhaps he will need to step it up with regards to strength and conditioning. 

If he signs, we will find out but we need options all over the pitch and depth. If he can provide some depth and an option of the bench in tight games and not completely disappoint then he will have been half decent for a free signing from non-league. Anyone with any sort of expectations of him, however, need to temper them immediately because it’s not fair. 

15 minutes ago, KBB said:

Let's just see the other clubs in for him. Everton, udinese, bologna, fenerbache, Leeds, Burnley and a paper link of a return to Liverpool.

What do we, league 1 derby, possibly have that would make him turn down these clubs to join us.......

We are Derby….super Derby 🤣

3 hours ago, Jram said:

I recall giving Tommy some  stick and then the wrath of those around me. He was very popular……. Oh oh sorry Bradley you mean 

Wake Up What GIF by Laff

It’s about rotation. The problem we stuttered to the end of the season was burn out and the ability to rotate our team.

GK - Wildsmith then I’d imagine we’d re-sign the other two maybe make loach a coach or something 

WB/RB - Clare on a free , knight maybe Harding 

CB - Cashin / Forsyth/ Bradley / Robertson or Harding  possibly Roberts on a free too 

LWB - Forsyth/ Roberts possibly a younger loan player 

CM - Knight/ Hourihane/ Sibley / Bird + maybe a new midfielder if knight or sibley goes 

FWs/W - mcgolderick if he re-signs / Collins / Rodrigues/ another striker / Mendez Laing, Barkhuizen plus another winger maybe a loan 

I’d imagine depending on who we get rid of

it will be CBS all on a free and RB on a free a LB on loan , maybe an extra midfielder on loan or for a small fee , a winger on loan , then two forwards one a free and another our biggest fee maybe Bonis or someone else 

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’d assume any player from non league would be a developmental option, rather than an outright starter. He had a bad game in the final, but unfortunately we simply can’t be in the market for players who don’t have bad games. He’s had a few good seasons, technical ability doesn’t look to be a problem, perhaps he will need to step it up with regards to strength and conditioning. 

If he signs, we will find out but we need options all over the pitch and depth. If he can provide some depth and an option of the bench in tight games and not completely disappoint then he will have been half decent for a free signing from non-league. Anyone with any sort of expectations of him, however, need to temper them immediately because it’s not fair. 

This. We used the least amount of players in the league last year. We fell down due to depth, that's what this signing would bring. Squad depth at an affordable price. That's what we need.