Summer Rumour Mill

sage

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Looking at charlton fans comments, seems to be a reliable 6 or 7/10 every week type of player who doesn’t mind where he plays, could be a good squad option to have with potential upside being only 26

Had a look at a forum...

I think he ranks as a bog average L1 player myself.

None of our managers have fancied him in midfield and Steve Brown had been, somewhat, scathing of his performances at right back.He looked ok at a right sided centre half but that was during a run of poor results.

Are you swayed by his great goal and pacy runs down the right flank? They were good but when a right back gets, consistently, made to look poor by third division left wingers he clearly can’t play in that position. Overall he is a utility player that has not, really, been very good at any of the positions he has been asked to play.

I’m happy that he has been released, to be honest.

Totally agree, Clare is a midfield player, not fancied to be good enough to play there but instead has filled in at right back and is not a natural or coached right back

He flatters to deceive … he is capable of really solid performances for up to 10 games per season but then goes brain dead for too many games.

We signed him as a midfielder and was soon found out there but he goes to sleep far too often at either right back in a back 4 or as a right sided CB in a back 3.

4 hours ago, Premier ram said:

think he would command a large fee but would be ideal for us , Posh also transfer listing Frankie Kent a stylish centre half , would like us to get him in

I agree he will probably be out of our price range but he did spend 4 years at Rotherham when our very own Paul Warne was there both as fitness coach & manager (2014-18).

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Peterborough always want lots of dosh, more than we will be able to afford. Unless free its a no from me

He has a decent goal scoring record, is in his prime and only has a year left on his contract. I think he is be worth using making Posh a offer now he is transfer listed. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

How do you know if warn wants he probley get him.

Unless Warne is a hypnotist, or Leonardo DiCaprio as Dom Cobb in the film Inception, that isn't happening.

I hate to break it to you B4 but Warne is not well enough regarded in wider footballing circles, nor is the pull of playing for Derby that strong, that a player being given the opportunity to play two leagues above (The Premier League if Everton stay up), or the chance to play for a Champions League qualifying club (Fenerbache), or even the chance to play for a potentially top 6 EFL Championship club (if Everton go down!)  will sign for for Derby instead.

Edited by Kokosnuss