Players on holiday

Poynton ram

A week away in June. 2 adults, 2 kids.

I can go on an all inclusive holiday to Spain, 4 star hotel and flights included for £1600. Add an extra £100 for taxi or parking... £1700

Or, I can go to Llandudno and pay £1000 for a 4 star hotel with breakfast, pay £100 for fuel and parking, spend £500 on food and drinks, waste £100 in the arcades and cheap tat... £1700

You could go on a caravan holiday with the likes of Haven and it'll be £200-500 cheaper for the week.

But, I'd still choose the holiday abroad for two main reasons. 
1. The weather
2. The convenience of not having to do anything

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I can go on an all inclusive holiday to Spain, 4 star hotel and flights included for £1600. Add an extra £100 for taxi or parking... £1700

Or, I can go to Llandudno and pay £1000 for a 4 star hotel with breakfast, pay £100 for fuel and parking, spend £500 on food and drinks, waste £100 in the arcades and cheap tat... £1700

You could go on a caravan holiday with the likes of Haven and it'll be £200-500 cheaper for the week.

1. The weather

What weeks in Spain are you booking these prices?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

1. The weather

Looked at Centre Parcs for August. Granted this isn't the cheapest available, but still. Circa £5k for a week in Nottinghamshire. You don't even get meals included at that price. Scandalous!

Screenshot_20230518_230157.jpg

On 15/05/2023 at 07:36, BathRam72 said:

I am with B4. Pitch up a few tents on Markeaton Park.

Get up at dawn which is approximately 05.00. Swim in the lake.  Sprints for an hour before a breakfast of vegan muesli and oat milk.

09.00 run to Moor farm for more conditioning training.

Lunch at 13.00 before watching one game from either Barcelona, Real Madrid or PSG. 

Back on to sprints from 16.00 to 18.00.

Jog back to Markeaton Park. Swim for an hour before a nice BBQ and singing Kumbaya by the fire.

Bed at 21.00.

A nice few days away and keep fit at the same time.

You lot are too soft

Sure you’re not with James Milner ? 

we’ll still have a number of senior players with us next year  and for them a summer break is hopeless. They need a week off, then individualised summer fitness training, then another week off, then pre-season. 

On 15/05/2023 at 07:36, BathRam72 said:

I am with B4. Pitch up a few tents on Markeaton Park.

Get up at dawn which is approximately 05.00. Swim in the lake.  Sprints for an hour before a breakfast of vegan muesli and oat milk.

09.00 run to Moor farm for more conditioning training.

Lunch at 13.00 before watching one game from either Barcelona, Real Madrid or PSG. 

Back on to sprints from 16.00 to 18.00.

Jog back to Markeaton Park. Swim for an hour before a nice BBQ and singing Kumbaya by the fire.

Bed at 21.00.

A nice few days away and keep fit at the same time.

You lot are too soft

Count me very much ……… out

can you imagine  member of the forum spotting a super cheap week in spain and via the forum loads of derby fans all being there at the same time. derby party week in spain, and everyones other hales wondering why half of derby came away at the same time to the same place

Edited by swanny

26 minutes ago, swanny said:

can you imagine  member of the forum spotting a super cheap week in spain and via the forum loads of derby fans all being there at the same time. derby party week in spain, and everyones other hales wondering why half of derby came away at the same time to the same place

Advise me when it is, I'll book a week in Derby 😉

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Who do you book with? I’m on it like a car bonnet at them prices. Mind you, June isn’t school holidays is it? 😟 My missus works school hours 😭

Ask my wife 😅 Need to look at the likes of Loveholidays, teletext holidays, etc. I think I was looking at Loveholidays when posting yesterday 

On 18/05/2023 at 23:03, Ram@Lincoln said:

Looked at Centre Parcs for August. Granted this isn't the cheapest available, but still. Circa £5k for a week in Nottinghamshire. You don't even get meals included at that price. Scandalous!

Screenshot_20230518_230157.jpg

Ive paid £799 in June for the same thing,taking the in laws as its my FIL 60th,so that's for 7 of us. Not bad at all really

On 17/05/2023 at 17:41, Poynton ram said:

Booked a cottage in the Lakes during the Summer hols during covid and had to remortgage the house to pay for it. And it rained for most of the week.

A lodge for 4 in the Lakes is now over £1,000 per week in August. And it rained most of the week!

Edited by Miggins