Players on holiday

Poynton ram

14 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

After B4's inspiration from this thread I looked at swapping my all inclusive summer holiday to Turkey to Butlins in Skeggy.

Same dates, 2 bedroom apartment like I've booked in Turkey, food package and kids entertainment. Butlins comes in at ยฃ2700 which is even discounted from over ยฃ4000.

For comparison, I paid just under ยฃ1800 for Turkey when I booked in February for the 2 adults and 2 kids. UK holidays can be extortionate. Butlins or Turkey....I wonder.ย 

Screenshot_20230517_121525.jpg

Screenshot_20230517_121733.jpg

You'd choose butlins as well then yeah?!ย 

20 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

After B4's inspiration from this thread I looked at swapping my all inclusive summer holiday to Turkey to Butlins in Skeggy.

Same dates, 2 bedroom apartment like I've booked in Turkey, food package and kids entertainment. Butlins comes in at ยฃ2700 which is even discounted from over ยฃ4000.

For comparison, I paid just under ยฃ1800 for Turkey when I booked in February for the 2 adults and 2 kids. UK holidays can be extortionate. Butlins or Turkey....I wonder.ย 

Good point.

Also, cosmetic procedures are extortionate in Skeggy by comparison.

I appreciate that senior pro's on a decent wedge could take a couple of days out of the Markeaton Park boot camp and afford to go to Harley Street but what if one of the juniors on a few hundred a week 'needed' (FFS) new teeth or a facelift?

Surely we can't deny them a few days overseas for low cost emergency medical care.

........and don't worry, the tax payer andย  NHS will sort out the mess next season when it all goes horribly wrong.

20 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I'd pay ยฃ2700 to not see Stephen Mulhern.

16 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

ย 

ย 

Ah... Now we're getting somewhere... so, a draughty ramshackle farm building divided up inside with plyboard walls, and cling film double glazing... 2nd week in January...ย  sleeps 17... ยฃ275 for the week.

Read the small print... that's ยฃ275 EACH ๐Ÿ˜‰