Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

40 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I notice Britt Assombalonga has just been released by Watford. Could still do a job at this level IMO.

I would, just checked he’s somehow only 30 and not 31 till the end of the year. Feels like he’s been around forever, he’s also a striker who’s not just about goals. Only problem is would he be able to lead a high press ?

12 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I would, just checked he’s somehow only 30 and not 31 till the end of the year. Feels like he’s been around forever, he’s also a striker who’s not just about goals. Only problem is would he be able to lead a high press ?

i would have him

Ben House - @Jubbs mentioned him in the past. 12 goals from 57 shots last season made him the 8th most clinical player last season (McGoldrick was 18th). No idea what his contract situation is or how much he'd cost though. Hard worker defensively, but not great in aerial duels or for creativity.

Sam Cosgrove - not favoured by many on here , but he ticks a lot of Warne boxes. Good in the air, at L1 level has a decent strike rate (25th most clinical) and has a good link up game.

Cole Stockton - also ticks a lot of Warne boxes. Whilst not as clinical as others I've mentioned (36th), he still averaged a goal every 6.3 shots. Good in the air, one of the most creative CFs in the league relative to time on the ball and for one of the weakest teams in the division.

Hardie and Ennis rank highly in a number of areas. Whilst Ennis is more clinical, Hardie is better in the air. Both are out of contract but have been offered new deals by Plymouth so unlikely to move on.

Looking at players released by Championship clubs, some realistic names that stand out: 

Nick Powell (29) - 4 goals in 26 apps last season, massively talented but attitude often questioned. Could be useful as one of the #10s in Warne's system

Daniel Sinani (26) - Looked very good for Hudds 21/22 but primarily as a winger. Good age and could work as a #10

Ryan Manning (26) - Solid Championship wingback, ideal for 5 at the back.

Wes Harding (26) - Knows Warne, good age, and perfect for RCB.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/12878368/transfer-news-summer-transfer-window-2023-championship-ins-and-outs

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ben House - @Jubbs mentioned him in the past. 12 goals from 57 shots last season made him the 8th most clinical player last season (McGoldrick was 18th). No idea what his contract situation is or how much he'd cost though. Hard worker defensively, but not great in aerial duels or for creativity.

Sam Cosgrove - not favoured by many on here , but he ticks a lot of Warne boxes. Good in the air, at L1 level has a decent strike rate (25th most clinical) and has a good link up game.

Cole Stockton - also ticks a lot of Warne boxes. Whilst not as clinical as others I've mentioned (36th), he still averaged a goal every 6.3 shots. Good in the air, one of the most creative CFs in the league relative to time on the ball and for one of the weakest teams in the division.

Hardie and Ennis rank highly in a number of areas. Whilst Ennis is more clinical, Hardie is better in the air. Both are out of contract but have been offered new deals by Plymouth so unlikely to move on.

Think Hardie has signed a new deal

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Hardie & Ennis  ?    Sounds like Hinge and  Brackett ! 

On 08/06/2023 at 23:53, sage said:

If we have some money to spend, i'd love Collins from Bristol Rovers.

Pacy, two footed, creates as well as scores.

Good player, if somewhat inconsistent, but they’ve set their stall out at Scott Twine like fees - a far cry from the Barker type fees we are probably willing to go up to. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Good player, if somewhat inconsistent, but they’ve set their stall out at Scott Twine like fees - a far cry from the Barker type fees we are probably willing to go up to. 

I think we would have to sell Knight to get him