Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

On 13/05/2023 at 12:06, Rambalin said:

If we are paying small fees and Warne has said he wants to add height and muscle up front then

Lukas Jutkiewicz is available would be about 300 to 500k I know he is 34 but fits the profile never has been the most mobile but knows how to be a nuisance. 

No. He is a really dirty git, and not the sort I would want soiling a Derby County shirt.

Here’s a curved ball - what do you think of Dan Butterworth, who was with Port Vale last season, and is apparently without a club at the moment? I remember him buzzing around causing us a lot of trouble when we played at theirs.

Edited by DavesaRam

38 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Here’s a curved ball - what do you think of Dan Butterworth, who was with Port Vale last season, and is apparently without a club at the moment? I remember him buzzing around causing us a lot of trouble when we played at theirs.

I was there that night and we couldn't get near him. On a free and a good age, would be daft not consider it. Good shout.

18 hours ago, Ambitious said:

No idea if any of these are actually good, but when I was bored last night I decided to have a search on WhoScored to see some anomaly and two young players that came up when looking at creative players were Phoenix Patterson and Tyler Goodrham. 

In terms of 'key passes' both were very high in terms of 'per 90 minutes' and both players finished the season very strong - Goodrham is 19 and Patterson is 22. As I said, absolutely no idea how good they are and they're not playing week-in, week-out for their teams but thought they were statistically interesting. 

Two young forwards: Kieran Phillips & Aidan Keena were another two of interest. 

Phoenix Patterson is a very good player, being Irish I know a lot about him because he was the Irish second division player of the year last year at Waterford, he was always goin to go to fleetwood as they own Waterford, will be a great players in a few years,

aswell as Aidan Keena he was the one of the best players in the Irish first division when at Sligo I reckon, would definitely suit our play style in a front two,

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Was very good against us but his season stats are shocking. So no thanks

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

My Mum's fella is a Vale fan and I go to games with him when I can and I can assure you that spell against us (which I agree he looked busy and dangerous) was very much a one-off. Nowhere near good enough from what I have seen of him and heard from other Vale fans and actually struggled to get in their team for the majority of the season. Busy and willing but no real goal threat or quality.

7 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Good player but in patches 

Edited by Barney1991

10 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Butterworth is a bit close to Butterfield and that would be enough to bring on one of my turns....🤣

twitching-dreyfus.gif.701a1f7d5c61d0b3a4dabfe6d7c29e0b.gif

Mo Eisa is apparently allowed leave MK dons this summer, I’d love him at derby can play up front, off the striker or left wing, scores goals at this level aswell as getting a few assists. With one year left on his contract and then being relegated can’t imagine he’d be anyway expensive 

19 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Mo Eisa is apparently allowed leave MK dons this summer, I’d love him at derby can play up front, off the striker or left wing, scores goals at this level aswell as getting a few assists. With one year left on his contract and then being relegated can’t imagine he’d be anyway expensive 

One of your better suggestions! I would be ok with this signing 👏

19 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Let it go…

55 minutes ago, Srg said:

This guy could be awful but… just seen Ryan Sweeney, centre back, 26, captain of title winning Dundee is leaving on a free. Was team of the year etc. Worth a look. 

Scottish Championship….about the equivalent to the league my local team, AFC Telford play in, National League North….no thanks….

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Scottish Championship….about the equivalent to the league my local team, AFC Telford play in, National League North….no thanks….

Well, for example, Luca Connell who was one of Barnsley's best players this season played at Queen's Park the year before. Judging someone solely on the league they play in is a nonsense.

As I say, I haven't watched him play or anything, he could genuinely be awful, but these are the type of places you need to look for bargains on a budget at this level. Throwing it out for just that reason is daft.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Well, for example, Luca Connell who was one of Barnsley's best players this season played at Queen's Park the year before. Judging someone solely on the league they play in is a nonsense.

As I say, I haven't watched him play or anything, he could genuinely be awful, but these are the type of places you need to look for bargains on a budget at this level. Throwing it out for just that reason is daft.

On that basis, should we be scouting players in National League North?