Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne said in an April interview the intention was to keep McGoldrick and the club would try to do so, he also added;

"I don't see a problem, but with everything they are free agents and self-employed players who have to do what is right them and their families, so we will try to get there. He is at a stage now that this, or the next club will probably be his last club and he is entitled to do whatever he wants.”

There was no guarantee, there never is, McGoldrick will do what he feels is best and you don’t know what his thinking is currently or whether Warne has had an impact on that in a positive or negative way. He is also contracted until the 30th of June and has time to make his mind up. 

He'll also be in a scenario where the club will want a decision sooner than that for planning purposes if they want to get ahead of the game.  They're not flush with attacking options.  His not resigning at the earliest opportunity if he's fully happy here, albeit he may have a better financial offer, speaks volumes to me.  He's not 20 and looking at the bigger financial issue.  That's been banked.

We could go round the houses with this all day but I'm off to Pauls for a primal scream session he read about in a book yesterday and a black coffee straight down the gun from a mug with my face on.

13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He'll also be in a scenario where the club will want a decision sooner than that for planning purposes if they want to get ahead of the game.  They're not flush with attacking options.  His not resigning at the earliest opportunity if he's fully happy here, albeit he may have a better financial offer, speaks volumes to me.  He's not 20 and looking at the bigger financial issue.  That's been banked.

We could go round the houses with this all day but I'm off to Pauls for a primal scream session he read about in a book yesterday and a black coffee straight down the gun from a mug with my face on.

That final paragraph just about sums it up. Because of your strong opinions on Warne your are unable to objectively see the potential we have as a club for recruitment this summer; we’re not limited by restrictions in the way we have been previously, there’s been time and planning, we allegedly can spend a bit of money where appropriate, players looking at joining clubs at this level will likely see us as a draw over other league one sides, we’ve got good fans, facilities, stadium, a likely promotion push….but no because Warne is a bit of a cheesy character we won’t be able to sign anyone 🙄 

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That final paragraph just about sums it up. Because of your strong opinions on Warne your are unable to objectively see the potential we have as a club for recruitment this summer; we’re not limited by restrictions in the way we have been previously, there’s been time and planning, we allegedly can spend a bit of money where appropriate, players looking at joining clubs at this level will likely see us as a draw over other league one sides, we’ve got good fans, facilities, stadium, a likely promotion push….but no because Warne is a bit of a cheesy character we won’t be able to sign anyone 🙄 

Up too him to prove me wrong then.  Heres hoping.  

Brentford have announced new signing today….. Think someone mentioned June 4 when market is open. Does this mean we can’t announce anyone before this date? But Brentford have. Appreciate clarification 

Looking Let Me Think GIF by TipsyElves.com

1 minute ago, SKRam said:

Brentford have announced new signing today….. Think someone mentioned June 4 when market is open. Does this mean we can’t announce anyone before this date? But Brentford have. Appreciate clarification 

Looking Let Me Think GIF by TipsyElves.com

Can announce a transfer whenever you want, still won't go through until the window opens.

No idea if any of these are actually good, but when I was bored last night I decided to have a search on WhoScored to see some anomaly and two young players that came up when looking at creative players were Phoenix Patterson and Tyler Goodrham. 

In terms of 'key passes' both were very high in terms of 'per 90 minutes' and both players finished the season very strong - Goodrham is 19 and Patterson is 22. As I said, absolutely no idea how good they are and they're not playing week-in, week-out for their teams but thought they were statistically interesting. 

Two young forwards: Kieran Phillips & Aidan Keena were another two of interest. 

54 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

No idea if any of these are actually good, but when I was bored last night I decided to have a search on WhoScored to see some anomaly and two young players that came up when looking at creative players were Phoenix Patterson and Tyler Goodrham. 

In terms of 'key passes' both were very high in terms of 'per 90 minutes' and both players finished the season very strong - Goodrham is 19 and Patterson is 22. As I said, absolutely no idea how good they are and they're not playing week-in, week-out for their teams but thought they were statistically interesting. 

Two young forwards: Kieran Phillips & Aidan Keena were another two of interest. 

Phoenix Patterson is a name and a half. Named after River Phoenix apparently. Only just Fleetwood in January though, similar to Aidan Keena who only signed in January too  

22 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Agreed, but I doubt we will be spending any good money this summer so it’s about being as smart as possible - taking a risk on a known entity paid off in McGoldrick but didn’t in Chester. I’m glad we were open minded to go down that route rather than not and not have either. They didn’t cost us anything in terms of fees and the wages, due to the cap, were relatively quite low. 

I think any money spent will be towards league one or league two players progressing in their career. Free agents are more than likely to be players from higher divisions or this division that’s holding out for a better contract. 

I'm hoping that PW gets his wish and attracts a good number of 24 to 29 year olds as we lack that and they are often the glue that holds a side together.

28 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I'm hoping that PW gets his wish and attracts a good number of 24 to 29 year olds as we lack that and they are often the glue that holds a side together.

It's usually the other way round. They should be your core... and we kinda don't have one.