Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No idea how ambitious it would be, but Maxi Wittek from Vitesse. Arguably the best LB not at a big Dutch club

Careful! I almost broke out in a cold sweat after vaguely remembering similar being said about François Grenet!

Also, it feels like we've got more chance of signing Maxi Jazz than this chap... 😜

Fraser Hornby. 23 year old CF who came through at Everton and was lethal in front of goal at youth level. Now at Reims with 1 year left on his contract, but went on loan to Oostende (Belgium) with a view to making it permanent. Definitely available and I imagine pretty cheap.

High defensive contribution, aerially dominant, and likes to shoot from outside the box (including freekicks). Ticks quite a few of Warne's boxes.

8 goals and 2 assists in 21 games last season. 

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Fraser Hornby. 23 year old CF who came through at Everton and was lethal in front of goal at youth level. Now at Reims with 1 year left on his contract, but went on loan to Oostende (Belgium) with a view to making it permanent. Definitely available and I imagine pretty cheap.

High defensive contribution, aerially dominant, and likes to shoot from outside the box (including freekicks). Ticks quite a few of Warne's boxes.

8 goals and 2 assists in 21 games last season. 

Always does well on football manager too 👀

It’s always a little slow around this time of year.

At this level, it’s fiscally prudent to not bring in players before training begins, as we’re just paying players to do nothing.

Yes, it does mean that we’ve lost out to Crewe on Taye Ashby-Hammond (why wouldn’t he pick us over them???! Oh yes, because we’re negotiating with other players and we don’t want him), but there will be a list of dozens of options drawn up for every position and the differences between a lot of players are relatively finite.

Pick the right type of player for your style of play who has a positive attitude and they’ll likely prosper.

17 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Looking at stats for aerial duels and this bloke came out quite high.

Manfred Albrecht Freiherr Von Richthofen , age might be a problem though.

Too red for my liking.

Edited by Dimmu
Damn you and your quick fingers i-Ram!

16 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Yes alot of free agents. A lot of good free agents about to be fair!

Definitely! I saw quite a bit when I was looking through different articles about possible signees. Sucks that a few of them have been taken already but I am sure we'll bring in some quality that'll really help to push for promotion next season!