Portsmouth (H) Sat 29th April

13 minutes ago, strawhillram said:

How on Earth are we going to beat  any of the top teams over two legs. 
That’s if If we do stumble into the play offs

Even a semi final defeat would be a bonus money wise with one extra home game plus some TV cash. All helps with the Steve Gibson imposed business plan we're under for another season. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Or they won’t care about the result next week, field a weakened side & then kick us all game, knowing full well we can’t field a weaken side & are happy to try & get our players injured or sent off for the playoff games.

Scary thought. Just get Joe squad player who you don’t care about to snap McGoldrick in half and take the red/ban.

19 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We're still in the much better positon. Peterborough HAVE to win to stand any chance. A draw would do for us, you never know we could even lose and still make it. But of course we should go out there to win. Somehow I think we have the easier game. Sheffield Wednesday could be despondant after their bottlejob letting the top 2 slip whereas Barnsley have pretty much known they'll be in the playoffs for a long time. 

A draw will do for us as long as Posh don’t hammer Baaaarnsley….

I would start with the Dobbin and Collins instead of NML and Sibley. Sibley was really disappointing today. If he isn’t going to light games up in his preferred position at league one level then maybe he’s not the player we thought he’d be when he was head and shoulders above in the U18s. 

I’ve been wanting to see him given a run in his preferred position but he looks weak, slow and clunky with the ball at the moment. A real shame.

That first 20 mins or so was sublime.  On and off the pitch.  It made me oh so proud to be a part of the Derby County family, and if truth be told, I was mesmerised by the sheer eruption of noise around me, and the exquisite beauty afore my very eyes.

... So much so, that it was at this point that I think I must have blacked out, as I don't have a clue wtf happened from that point on.

Apologies for such a short match report.

28 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You can say what you like Roy, you know that. Just know other people don’t share your opinion, and vice versa.
He got on the pitch as Warne changed the tired midfield pair. It’s not really more complicated than that for me. He didn’t do much wrong, apart from his attempt to sabotage our defending of a long throw, but at least he took out our players rather than theirs this time 😂 

I know that you don't share my opinion even though your praise of White is just that he nearly cost us a goal. 😄He created nothing in midfield. Who is to say that another midfielder might not have offered more. Or even leave Bird or Hourihane on, we needed the experience on the pitch.