Next season

Just now, Loughborough Ram said:

If we are unable to convince the EFL to ease the restrictions on our spending this summer, would we be better staying in this division and being a big fish in a small pond.

It seems to me that we would find it very difficult to compete in the Championship without the ability to add a few quality players to the squad

no

No offence to the OP, but this argument does my head in.

How many times did people say this when we were in the Championship promotion race? It was said pretty much every season, and yet here we are in League One after missing numerous chances to go up.

Get promoted and worry about everything else afterwards. It’s been 16 years since our last promotion. Nothing is guaranteed.

No one even knows what the restrictions are, think warne was quoting as saying “a substantial portion of the budget is available” in January. I don’t think things as tight as portrayed. We budgeted for lower crowds than have been getting alps.

Would be increased income from being in championship, plus the play offs also generates money. 

Also is not many sides that go into the championship and come straight down. We’d need to survive for a year and can the look to crack on.

Finally we’d look a lot more attractive to new owners in the championship as well. 

preferring to stay in this decision would be mental.

8 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

If we are unable to convince the EFL to ease the restrictions on our spending this summer, would we be better staying in this division and being a big fish in a small pond.

It seems to me that we would find it very difficult to compete in the Championship without the ability to add a few quality players to the squad

The one massive flaw with that, is that any review... generous or otherwise... will come after all the promotion issues are sorted.

I'm with young fruity... get in 'em... win 'em... then worry about how we handle things from there.

No, ordinarily I absolutely agree with the 'get promoted and work out the how aferwards' point of view, but this is different.

I don't trust the EFL to treat us fairly and feel that they will still go out of their way to make it difficult for us if we are in the Championship next season.

If however we stay where we are, we will be able to attract good players to make us competetive in this league, and then if we get promoted the EFL can go f*** themselves the season after because we will be out of their restrictions.

2 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

No, ordinarily I absolutely agree with the 'get promoted and work out the how aferwards' point of view, but this is different.

I don't trust the EFL to treat us fairly and feel that they will still go out of their way to make it difficult for us if we are in the Championship next season.

If however we stay where we are, we will be able to attract good players to make us competetive in this league, and then if we get promoted the EFL can go f*** themselves the season after because we will be out of their restrictions.

I rather go up this season and perhaps get rid these stupid restrictions now.

3 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

I also don’t think is a huge gulf between the two divisions either. Bottom six of our division are poor, top six of championship probably a level above us. but we’d be looking to finish anywhere above 21st rather than in the top 6. 

You never know it could be top 6 in the champership.

9 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Tbh, I don't really care about what happens afterwards.

I've been supporting this club for 17 years. I've seen one promotion, and that was in my very first season when I was 7 years old and too young to appreciate what had happened. I've since travelled thousands of miles and spent money I shouldn't have spent following us all across the country. It's been a blast, but it's always ended in disappointment.  

I'd do anything to win at Wembley and finally have something to celebrate. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Tbh, I don't really care. I've been supporting this club for 17 years. I've seen one promotion, and that was in my very first season when I was 7 years old and too young to appreciate what had happened. I've since travelled thousands of miles and spent money I shouldn't have spent following us all across the country. It's been a blast, but it's always ended in disappointment.  

I'd do anything to win at Wembley and finally have something to celebrate. 

I saw us win against WBA not since then I am respect to for win it. But I also want to see us win a league title.

9 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I know it’s in fashion to moan about the EFL (usually with good reason) but I’m not sure we could accuse them of not treating us fairly if they insist on maintaining the restrictions the club agreed to for the period the club agreed to. Personally, I think they  will ease them a little especially if we are promoted but we shouldn’t assume they will and cry foul if they don’t.

We will be submitting our own Business Plan to the EFL, whichever division we are in. This will be less restrictive than the Business Plan the EFL gave us this season. The Club has said that we are in a considerably better position than that Plan predicted at the current time so they will be pushing hard for acceptance of a more flexible plan by the EFL, regardless of division.

I am sure that the new Business Plan submitted will reflect the increased revenues if we are promoted. However, our revenue streams are still excellent at this level. That's down to us, our support has been incredible. 

We've just got to keep it up.

It's actually counterproductive for fans to be publicly criticising the EFL still when the Club's new ownership is working so hard to build bridges with them.

I don't mean on here, btw, but at games and on social media it goes a bit far.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's actually counterproductive for fans to be publicly criticising the EFL still when the Club's new ownership is working so hard to build bridges with them.

I don't mean on here, btw, but at games and on social media it goes a bit far.

I get what you're saying, but Derby fans singing "duck the EFL" should in no way have an effect on their treatment of us as a football club.

And if it does, well, how does the song go?