Next season

15 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

No, ordinarily I absolutely agree with the 'get promoted and work out the how aferwards' point of view, but this is different.

I don't trust the EFL to treat us fairly and feel that they will still go out of their way to make it difficult for us if we are in the Championship next season.

If however we stay where we are, we will be able to attract good players to make us competetive in this league, and then if we get promoted the EFL can go f*** themselves the season after because we will be out of their restrictions.

Considering Clowes has said we have a good relationship with the EFL and they held their conference at our stadium earlier this season if I remember right, I think we can lay off the EFL have it in for us line. 

Do I think they had it in for Morris? Yeah. 

But the key saying is that if something can be explained by incompetence or malice, it is usually incompetence. 

15 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

No, ordinarily I absolutely agree with the 'get promoted and work out the how aferwards' point of view, but this is different.

I don't trust the EFL to treat us fairly and feel that they will still go out of their way to make it difficult for us if we are in the Championship next season.

If however we stay where we are, we will be able to attract good players to make us competetive in this league, and then if we get promoted the EFL can go f*** themselves the season after because we will be out of their restrictions.

If we don't go up. Who is to say we will attract good players? If we stay down we might be seen as just another league one club. We attracted good players this year, if we don't go up who is to say it will happen next year. They may try their luck in a different league/country

16 hours ago, sage said:

Within the restrictions that were imposed

Yes, there's a skeleton blueprint. The meat on the bones is supplied by the club. Transfer restrictions? Yes there have to be some but you decide what you think reasonable and the EFL agrees or it disagrees. Wage cap idem ditto. If there's a disparity between what the club puts in the plan and what the EFL thinks, you negotiate. It is my understanding that the plan David Clowes wrote was accepted at the  first time of asking by the EFL.

3 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Yes, there's a skeleton blueprint. The meat on the bones is supplied by the club. Transfer restrictions? Yes there have to be some but you decide what you think reasonable and the EFL agrees or it disagrees. Wage cap idem ditto. If there's a disparity between what the club puts in the plan and what the EFL thinks, you negotiate. It is my understanding that the plan David Clowes wrote was accepted at the  first time of asking by the EFL.

So we decided no transfer fees or loan fees or the EFL?

Who decided only 2 year contracts?

14 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s a shame some people would feel the need for DC to ask instead of seeing for themselves how pointless, pathetic and potentially counterproductive all of us singing “duck the EFL” at a playoff final could be.

Agreed.

Still hope it happens though

1 hour ago, sage said:

So we decided no transfer fees or loan fees or the EFL?

Who decided only 2 year contracts?

Not aware that there is a 2 year limit on contracts. Not saying you're wrong but I haven't read anywhere that there's a 2 year limit. The only young uns we got in were loans so they'd, logically, be half a season or season long. The others we brought in were all 30+ except for Barks who was 29. Considering the age of the incoming players, surely, 1 or 2 year contracts is eminently sensible and is, as far as I am aware, of DCFC's choosing.

Not being privy to the make up of the skeleton I don't know who decided no transfer fees. I do know that the requirements from the EFL are that the 2 year business plan has to be  sustainable, realistic and not budgeting to make a loss. Last summer the club could only guess at what the season's income might be. They erred on the side of caution and there is an £8M limit on spending this season. If we've kept within that and made a decent profit... maybe we'll be allowed to spend small amount next season.

50 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Not aware that there is a 2 year limit on contracts. Not saying you're wrong but I haven't read anywhere that there's a 2 year limit. The only young uns we got in were loans so they'd, logically, be half a season or season long. The others we brought in were all 30+ except for Barks who was 29. Considering the age of the incoming players, surely, 1 or 2 year contracts is eminently sensible and is, as far as I am aware, of DCFC's choosing.

Not being privy to the make up of the skeleton I don't know who decided no transfer fees. I do know that the requirements from the EFL are that the 2 year business plan has to be  sustainable, realistic and not budgeting to make a loss. Last summer the club could only guess at what the season's income might be. They erred on the side of caution and there is an £8M limit on spending this season. If we've kept within that and made a decent profit... maybe we'll be allowed to spend small amount next season.

Well, with respect, you have made quite a strong position on this without having checked the pertinent facts beforehand.

Luckily that kind of thinking couldn't happen on a national scale and hamstring a country's economy...oh wait

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

It has been widely reported all season and Warne has even stated it as fact.
We didn't only get young players in on loan. The like of Cashin and Tommo were out of contract and only allowed to sign 2 year deals. Wildsmith (27) also only 2 years). Players in the academy can only be offered 2 year professional contracts too, even if they do have the likes of Man City and Spurs chasing after them.

37 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Love the discretion but does the "lots" make you optimistic for next season?!😂

Not really. 

Paul Warne apparently said to someone he's going to sign three big centre halfs for next season, which makes me fear for Cashin's future. He is happy here, now feeling he's a valid member of team, last year said he didn't quite feel he should be there. Curtis Davies is so pleased that Orient going up and he jokingly said if he can't get a contract here, he'd love to go and play for them. 

Got chapter and verse about his ins and outs of the team this season, he's a great bloke. Very erudite and chatty.

Sibbo thrilled to be back in the team playing further forward; Bird very quietly spoken and appreciative of any compliments; Knight buzzing around everywhere, I never caught up with him! 😂

Roberts also very polite, loving being here but not looking beyond the next few games. He was very aware his form is good for his future wherever that might be. 

Joe Wildsmith loving it here, appreciating being in the first team and said how it was difficult at Weds not to still be seen and treated as one of the "loyal" academy lads. Said could see similar with the way our academy lads are here. He was asked who he wanted to win at Hillsborough and emphatically replied "us of course" clarifying that by us he definitely means Derby. He was one of the last players to leave. 

We spoke to a gaggle of players together - McGoldrick, Hourihane, Mendez-Laing - about the new formation, all loving it and much praise for Sibbo and Bird too in how that combo is working. Mendez-Laing was very witty and amusing! 

McGoldrick is much less shy face to face and was chatting about family, playing in black and white, and grateful for the praise coming his way. Got a bit of ribbing from the others about the attention he's getting. When Warne announced SC player of the season he said "in ascending order, third David McGoldrick, second David McGoldrick and the winner is ..." Made everyone laugh! 

Corey Smith is also really chatty and quite philosophical about his role in the team, happy to play anywhere, unlike Mendez-Laing,  who suggested I popped over and told Warne how much I loved the new formation! 😂 I didn't,  though sorely tempted! 

A bit of photo spam (sorry!) Didn't take many photos, unless players offered,  just happy to chat with them, tbh.

Also spoke to Stephen Pearce, David Clowes and Mrs Clowes at some length. 

Everyone was very open and approachable and Lynn and the Supporters Clubs did a great job in organising as usual.

20230425_202332.jpg

Edited by angieram

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not really. 

Paul Warne apparently said to someone he's going to sign three big centre halfs for next season, which makes me fear for Cashin's future. He is happy here, now feeling he's a valid member of team, last year said he didn't quite feel he should be there. Curtis Davies is so pleased that Orient going up and he jokingly said if he can't get a contract here, he'd love to go and play for them. 

Got chapter and verse about his ins and outs of the team this season, he's a great bloke. Very erudite and chatty.

Sibbo thrilled to be back in the team playing further forward; Bird very quietly spoken and appreciative of any compliments; Knight buzzing around everywhere, I never caught up with him! 😂

Roberts also very polite, loving being here but not looking beyond the next few games. He was very aware his form is good for his future wherever that might be. 

Joe Wildsmith loving it here, appreciating being in the first team and said how it was difficult at Weds not to still be seen and treated as one of the "loyal" academy lads. Said could see similar with the way our academy lads are here. He was asked who he wanted to win at Hillsborough and emphatically replied "us of course" clarifying that by us he definitely means Derby. He was one of the last players to leave. 

We spoke to a gaggle of players together - McGoldrick, Hourihane, Mendez-Laing - about the new formation, all loving it and much praise for Sibbo and Bird too in how that combo is working. Mendez-Laing was very witty and amusing! 

McGoldrick is much less shy face to face and was chatting about family, playing in black and white, and grateful for the praise coming his way. Got a bit of ribbing from the others about the attention he's getting. When Warne announced SC player of the season he said "in ascending order, third David McGoldrick, second David McGoldrick and the winner is ..." Made everyone laugh! 

Corey Smith is also really chatty and quite philosophical about his role in the team, happy to play anywhere, unlike Mendez-Laing,  who suggested I popped over and told Warne how much I loved the new formation! 😂 I didn't,  though sorely tempted! 

A bit of photo spam (sorry!) Didn't take many photos, unless players offered,  just happy to chat with them, tbh.

Everyone was very open and approachable and Lynn and the Supporters Clubs did a great job in organising as usual.

20230425_202332.jpg

Great summary, thank you.

NML has clicked back into gear with the new formation. At the perfect time too.

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not really. 

20230425_202332.jpg

Thanks that is a brilliant summary. The defenders are hopefully to work with Cash not instead of 🤞