Who do you want in play offs

B4ev6is

On 24/04/2023 at 15:51, angieram said:

It was shocking, wasn't it? There were families near us literally having picnics whilst the game was on! 

Just a day out to them.

Should make it match-going fans only, play it at a proper ground and have done with all this football tourism! ️ 

This is annoying .....I was sat near a family ( well at least i thought they were ) and they were chatting away during the game and even asking who certain players were??! grrrrr plenty of fans didn't get tickets , there has to be a way of making sure proper fans get first dibs on tickets and leave the have a day out brigade until last if theres any left 

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

This is annoying .....I was sat near a family ( well at least i thought they were ) and they were chatting away during the game and even asking who certain players were??! grrrrr plenty of fans didn't get tickets , there has to be a way of making sure proper fans get first dibs on tickets and leave the have a day out brigade until last if theres any left 

Were do mean mate at wrembly or shiffield wednesday game.

3 hours ago, S8TY said:

I can't remember which play-off final it was, but there was one where season ticket holders could buy extra tickets for their mates, ahead of genuine fans, who possibly couldn't afford a season ticket but had been to a good number of games.

Let's hope that doesn't happen again - and, if it does, we season ticket holders could have a pact to not buy one for Dave down the pub or Auntie Marge.

But the atmosphere balloon was well and truly popped before we got into Wembley v Villa, courtesy of that bloody team sheet. 

3 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

I can't remember which play-off final it was, but there was one where season ticket holders could buy extra tickets for their mates, ahead of genuine fans, who possibly couldn't afford a season ticket but had been to a good number of games.

Let's hope that doesn't happen again - and, if it does, we season ticket holders could have a pact to not buy one for Dave down the pub or Auntie Marge.

But the atmosphere balloon was well and truly popped before we got into Wembley v Villa, courtesy of that bloody team sheet. 

Good luck trying to get agreement from 20,000 season ticket holders. 😀

I was at the Villa final and it was very flat in the Derby end. It’s a bit sad if that really was due to the team sheet. I can’t put my finger on what caused it. Perhaps it was down to the way the tickets were sold. I’m not sure there was “singing block” to lead the rest of us.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I was at the Villa final and it was very flat in the Derby end. It’s a bit sad if that really was due to the team sheet. I can’t put my finger on what caused it. Perhaps it was down to the way the tickets were sold. I’m not sure there was “singing block” to lead the rest of us.

The atmosphere was terrible before the game then as soon as I saw Bennett was starting I said to my dad “right we’ve lost” Lampards off! It left a horrible taste in my mouth because it was like it was a deliberate attempt to throw the game 

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

6 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

The atmosphere was terrible before the game then as soon as I saw Bennett was starting I said to my dad “right we’ve lost” Lampards off! It left a horrible taste in my mouth because it was like it was a deliberate attempt to throw the game 

There was a singing block, but it was filled with people who don’t actually sing. There were a few of us trying to get stuff going across it, but we were too few and far between.

The whole teamsheet excuse does my head in. Our biggest game in 5 years and people give up because of one selection decision? Joke.

As you can tell, I’ve calmed down about it 4 years on🤣

This thread is giving me "They should promote us now" flashbacks... Two weeks ago you'd have thought we were gonna get relegated, now we're choosing our path! Can we get there first?

I think the Wembley crowd thing is just the way our fanbase is. We have a great core who will go everywhere and bleed black and white, but they are the minority and we have a LOT of either very old or very young fans which will always detract from atmosphere when you add in the casuals, families and sponsors.

But if we do get there and I end up missing out on tickets yet again and I see any of you fuggers wearing a half and half scarf...

8 hours ago, S8TY said:

Hear hear.

27 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

This thread is giving me "They should promote us now" flashbacks... Two weeks ago you'd have thought we were gonna get relegated, now we're choosing our path! Can we get there first?

I think the Wembley crowd thing is just the way our fanbase is. We have a great core who will go everywhere and bleed black and white, but they are the minority and we have a LOT of either very old or very young fans which will always detract from atmosphere when you add in the casuals, families and sponsors.

But if we do get there and I end up missing out on tickets yet again and I see any of you fuggers wearing a half and half scarf...

If you miss out it’s because you haven’t been to games, unlike a lot of us old uns that have travelled all around the country and certainly don’t detract from the atmosphere.

36 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

If you miss out it’s because you haven’t been to games, unlike a lot of us old uns that have travelled all around the country and certainly don’t detract from the atmosphere.

No offense meant, to either the younger or elder fans for that matter. Just making an observation.

you're right though, if I miss out it's for not attending. However, that's down to being disabled, poor as fook and being forced to make "sensible, adult decisions" (or so I'm told), so can only make games under unusual circumstances. Not saying I deserve a ticket either, but before current events I was a ST holder for a decade for context.

None of the season ticket holders would miss out.
I'd like to think the next batch would be (the few?) non-STH away members, in the usual way they do the away ticket allocation.

After that, I would hope it would be anyone who's name begins with "Muckeret..."), but if I have to go alone, then so be it.  I would.

I doubt I would be lucky enough to get 7 tickets again like last time, but you never know... 

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

None of the season ticket holders would miss out.
I'd like to think the next batch would be (the few?) non-STH away members, in the usual way they do the away ticket allocation.

After that, I would hope it would be anyone who's name begins with "Muckeret..."), but if I have to go alone, then so be it.  I would.

I doubt I would be lucky enough to get 7 tickets again like last time, but you never know... 

Someone will be along in a minute to tell you that being a STH shouldn't grant you first priority because Wembley is an away game.

11 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There was a singing block, but it was filled with people who don’t actually sing. There were a few of us trying to get stuff going across it, but we were too few and far between.

The whole teamsheet excuse does my head in. Our biggest game in 5 years and people give up because of one selection decision? Joke.

As you can tell, I’ve calmed down about it 4 years on🤣

The thing annoys me about the whole team sheet thing is that Bennett deserved to start that game, he was immense against Leeds. The mistake was playing Huddlestone over Marriott, yet no one is willing to admit that, Bennett is the easy target.

Just now, rynny said:

The thing annoys me about the whole team sheet thing is that Bennett deserved to start that game, he was immense against Leeds. The mistake was playing Huddlestone over Marriott, yet no one is willing to admit that, Bennett is the easy target.

We was never winning that game, it didn't really matter. Villa just a far better team in basically every aspect.