Who do you want in play offs

B4ev6is

34 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Could we ask Wembley for a designated picnic area , with some flip up tables for the fans who find a “Ploughman’s Lunch” more exiting than a cup final. 

It's rather nice in Green Park this time of year. And you don't have to pay an admission fee or sit next to any common, rowdy football fans! 

16 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I fully lost my head and behaved in a manner I'm not proud of tbh. It was just crushing going from the mega atmospheres of that Lampard season (particularly Leeds away the week before) to pretty much deathly silence. And this was in the "singing section". 

At least I'll know what to expect this time (even though I don't remember it being that bad vs QPR or WBA). And I'm a little bit older and wiser so I should be able to control myself (no toilet jokes please). 

The pre match was flat tbh don’t get me started on the Mason Bennett debacle 😂 hopefully if we are successful and get in the  playoffs and somehow get to Wembley have a real go at it.

tbh if we beat Pompey I’d fully rotate the team at Sheffield Wednesday if didzy gets injured we are ducked 

16 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

The pre match was flat tbh don’t get me started on the Mason Bennett debacle 😂 hopefully if we are successful and get in the  playoffs and somehow get to Wembley have a real go at it.

tbh if we beat Pompey I’d fully rotate the team at Sheffield Wednesday if didzy gets injured we are ducked 

If we beat Pompey we’re not guaranteed the play offs it depends how posh get on in their next game, but I agree if we’re guaranteed a play off spot before the Wednesday game I’d rotate the squad as best we can.

17 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Assuming we make the playoffs we can't play Bolton in the semi-final because 5th,place is the best they can get

Sorry didn't realise that, pity because I don't fancy our chances against Sheffield Wednesday/Ipswich/Barnsley. 

If we make it I won’t care too much. Just need to win. That said Ipswich are the best team of those we might have to play. I kind of want them in the semi when we are full of positivity after making the cut . All the others are within our capacity to beat on a level playing field. 

You know that if I had started this topic, I would have been pelted with spuds for jinxing it, yet B4 gets away with it untouched. Blatant favouritism I tell ya!😂

IF we make the playoffs, I honestly don't mind who we get other than Ipswich, they deserve to go up automatically.

I say that despite the handful of silly sausages online that were upset by my topic on here a few weeks back.

No disrespect to Bolton, they would be the easier team to face, on their day though they can be a dangerous opposition, not like they have fluked it into the top 6.

We owe Barnsley one after the recent battering. 

Sheffield Wednesday, well, needless to say that would be huge be it semis or final.

They probably feel like they owe us one for sending them down. If we knocked them out the play offs as well, I wouldn't wear any Derby gear in Sheffield for a while, they will be seething having looked like certs to go up just a few weeks back.

I want Forest Green please. Too be honest, if we finish 6th, it's gonna be The Owls. Last game of season is now sold out. They only gave us 2,737. We could have sold that out three times over. ³Can't even go to my only 'local' match!

Edited by David
Removed all the extra white space below the post.

With the Wendies breathing down Ipswich's neck, I think Ipswich will get a result at Barnsley tonight. I also can't see Plymouth not beating Bristol Rovers.

That would pretty much mean the Wendies will finish 3rd, regardless of their result against us on the last day of the season.

If we then need something out of the last game against Wednesday, to beat Peterborough to sixth place, it will be interesting to see what the Wendies do.

Do they rest players, potentially allowing us to win, thereby giving us momentum going into a two legged play off semi final against them, or do they go strong to beat us, and potentially take momentum themselves into a two legged play off semi final with the Posh.

I suspect we will need to get at least a point against the Wendies on the last day, but they won't rest many players. It has a very nervy draw written all over it.

Hopefully we'll still scrape into the play offs (even if on goal difference), to set up 2 massive games against the Windies.

So I'll go for scraping through against the Windies in the semi final, then a 'squeaky bum time' Wembley date with Bolton which we win by the odd goal please.

We'll know a lot more after tonight's results.

Honestly, I'm not that bothered. I think Ipswich are the class apart - 90 goals with only 33 conceded - shows that much so I'd avoid them but I wouldn't be concerned with Wednesday, Barnsley or Plymouth. All good teams, don't get me wrong, but I feel like we would get the ball and be able to play on the front foot. 

On 24/04/2023 at 16:21, ziggyram59 said:

I would like to play Bolton in the play-off semi-finals I think we stand a good chance against them. 

Don’t see how that can happen the way things stand….if we make it through likely to be the Wendies with an outside chance of Barnsley….would prefer Wednesday myself….

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

We have to win at least one more game and possibly draw against Sheffield Wednesday to guarantee a play-off place, which is not going to be easy.

Let's celebrate, if and when we get there, and not speculate because we might be in a depression in 2 weeks time.

I want Derby to be there like everyone else, but I am also realistic enough to know how we stared this season and the "journey" we've been on.