Who do you want in play offs

B4ev6is

Whenever we’re favourites we lose the playoffs - Leicester 94, QPR 14, when we’re rank underdogs we win - 07 West Brom.

Cant be fussy about who we play, we just need to get in them. The squad has proved it isn’t strong enough to keep pace with top 4 over a 46 game season, but we have the match winners to get the job done in a 3 game season whoever we’re playing 

4 hours ago, rynny said:

The thing annoys me about the whole team sheet thing is that Bennett deserved to start that game, he was immense against Leeds. The mistake was playing Huddlestone over Marriott, yet no one is willing to admit that, Bennett is the easy target.

I agree, though I would say it was less Bennett deserving to start (though he did win the penalty in the semis), and more that Waghorn wasn't fit and Marriott clearly had multiple issues. 

Also, I think the teamsheet excuse has been retrospectively overblown. I don't believe the narrative that everyone's enthusiasm was killed as soon as they saw the team selection. I think it's a little too convenient. I don't even remember reading the teamsheet!*

*Alcohol may have been involved.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I agree, though I would say it was less Bennett deserving to start (though he did win the penalty in the semis), and more that Waghorn wasn't fit and Marriott clearly had multiple issues. 

Also, I think the teamsheet excuse has been retrospectively overblown. I don't believe the narrative that everyone's enthusiasm was killed as soon as they saw the team selection. I think it's a little too convenient. I don't even remember reading the teamsheet!*

*Alcohol may have been involved.

My memory was a bit hazy due to spending the previous evening/night/morning with celebrating Charlton fans and then Phil Gee, his brother and a bottle of Southern Comfort.🥴

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

Someone will be along in a minute to tell you that being a STH shouldn't grant you first priority because Wembley is an away game.

Good point.

I shall hasten away, and prepare a suitable retort in readiness.

I strongly suspect it will be along the lines of...

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9525lwux14yaof0sti62at

On 26/04/2023 at 17:37, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

I can't remember which play-off final it was, but there was one where season ticket holders could buy extra tickets for their mates, ahead of genuine fans, who possibly couldn't afford a season ticket but had been to a good number of games.

Let's hope that doesn't happen again - and, if it does, we season ticket holders could have a pact to not buy one for Dave down the pub or Auntie Marge.

But the atmosphere balloon was well and truly popped before we got into Wembley v Villa, courtesy of that bloody team sheet. 

Agree ...leaving Marriot out and starting Bennett for example was quite unbelievable especially after the Leeds game and the ephoria of that game it just felt like Lampard was not going for it ....when he came on we looked a different side going forward imo 

On 24/04/2023 at 15:51, angieram said:

It was shocking, wasn't it? There were families near us literally having picnics whilst the game was on! 

Just a day out to them.

Should make it match-going fans only, play it at a proper ground and have done with all this football tourism! ️ 

If I'm not allowed to bring my wing back chair I ain't coming.....😛

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

Agree ...leaving Marriot out and starting Bennett for example was quite unbelievable especially after the Leeds game and the ephoria of that game it just felt like Lampard was not going for it ....when he came on we looked a different side going forward imo 

Against villa I can swear away members and season ticket holders got first dips and then it went season ticket holders 

And then home members

General sale.

I hope this time goes

Away members been to all away games and season tickets holders 10 plus years

5 years

2 years

New season ticket holders

General sale.

10 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Whenever we’re favourites we lose the playoffs - Leicester 94, QPR 14, when we’re rank underdogs we win - 07 West Brom.

Cant be fussy about who we play, we just need to get in them. The squad has proved it isn’t strong enough to keep pace with top 4 over a 46 game season, but we have the match winners to get the job done in a 3 game season whoever we’re playing 

I wouldn’t say we were rank underdogs against West Brom in 07 we finished 3rd in the league 8pts in front of them.

The final itself was a copy of our season a drab 1-0 victory 

5 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

I wouldn’t say we were rank underdogs against West Brom in 07 we finished 3rd in the league 8pts in front of them.

The final itself was a copy of our season a drab 1-0 victory 

Despite our league finish pretty sure we were 3rd or 4th favourites when play offs kicked off. No one gave us a hope. 
Bet Luton won’t be favourites this time around. 

32 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Despite our league finish pretty sure we were 3rd or 4th favourites when play offs kicked off. No one gave us a hope. 
Bet Luton won’t be favourites this time around. 

We weren’t rank underdogs and I think plenty gave us a chance, I didn’t particularly like watching that Billy Davies side but he had us well organised and hard to beat. George Burley’s side that reached the play offs in 05 were far better to watch but weren’t as tough

18 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

We weren’t rank underdogs and I think plenty gave us a chance, I didn’t particularly like watching that Billy Davies side but he had us well organised and hard to beat. George Burley’s side that reached the play offs in 05 were far better to watch but weren’t as tough

He tried with Konjic and Walton.  They both turned out to be made of cobwebs and sticking plasters.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Against villa I can swear away members and season ticket holders got first dips and then it went season ticket holders 

And then home members

General sale.

I hope this time goes

Away members been to all away games and season tickets holders 10 plus years

5 years

2 years

New season ticket holders

General sale.

Uh oh ...I'm in trouble....🥲

Assuming that the final places are:

3rd - one of Plymouth/Ipswich/Owls

4th - Baaaaarnsley

5th Bolton or us

6th Bolton or us

Whoever finishes 3rd will be irate at having missed out on automatic and therefore even more dangerous.

SO - I still think we should go all out for 2 wins, on the basis that finishing 5th would enable us to avoid whoever finishes 3rd in the semis.

I do fancy us to overcome Barnsley in that event, and if Bolton finish 6th and manage to beat the 3rd place finishers then I also fancy us against them in a final.  If the 3rd place finishers beat Bolton, then if we end up playing them at Wemberleeee it could go either way.