RAMS TV

On the Ram Page

While we are all in a good mood following the win at Exeter and over the next 2/3 weeks filling this website with our opinions of our next 3 performances, can I take this opportunity to have an early shout out for RAMS TV.

Over the last turbulent couple of years the one thing that has remained a quality constant has been Rams TV, providing us with a professional, objective assessment of our matches (take note Radio Derby). I remember Owen Bradley occasionally commentating on Radio Derby and thought how good and informative he was at the time. He has risen to new heights over the last couple of years and (despite a few dodgy suits) is perfect for Rams TV,  keeping his commentary succinct and to the point. Shaun Barker is the perfect foil and his professional insight is well worth listening to - I can  “see what he was trying to do there” being his catchphrase. Getting Owen to Rams TV a was probably the best decision Mel Morris made during his time in charge!

Obviously, they are the frontmen for a quality team in the background and well done to all the nameless helpers in producing a great service.

So personally, thank you Owen & Shaun for your fantastic work. Hopefully, every one else who appreciates your work will show that by “Loving” this post in a mark of respect, as I know you do read this website.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I agree in principle, as I enjoy the interviews, highlights etc.

I'm one of the lucky ones that hasn't actually watched a game on RamsTV, as I've been there, so no idea what it's like.

I miss the under 21s coverage, though, and hope that will be back soon.

And I like Owen's suits! 

I also hope they start showing the U21s and occasional U18 game again. I don't think the viewing numbers justify it though?

First team matchday coverage usually starts about 30 mins before kickoff. Pre-kickoff is a couple of the interviews mixed in with Owen and Shaun having a bit of a chat about the last game and the game itself. Another interview at half time, with a little bit of analysis on the first half's football.
Commentary is typically Owen and Shaun (not a fan of Owen's occasional stand-in), with Owen occasionally sliding the odd stat in there. I know he compiles a list of stats, but it doesn't feel forced or rehearsed like some TV commentators who try to cram everything they've researched in during the game.

Yeah I’ve really missed the 21s coverage this year. Don’t really have a clue who’s pushing first team. From the brief highlights packages I’ve seen, Taylor-Hart looks to have a lot about him and Dajaune Brown looks a good player 

Having said that, our academy is seemingly going to be irrelevant now Warne is the manager. Really can’t see him bringing anyone through. Loves a 29 year old 

I also find Rams TV to be an excellent watch, with an occasional guest appearance from Martin Fisher always a treat, but Owen is an excellent presenter.

Areas for improvement - Sometimes the camera work is not so good particularly at away games, zooming in too much and panning across too fast which means the detail is lost. Particularly at corners.

Bad point - Get rid of the pumping techno music which is very grating. Even worse that bloody advert for Mercedes cars at half time is particularly grating. I turn off the sound as soon as that comes on!

Just now, Simmo’s left foot said:

Areas for improvement - Sometimes the camera work is not so good particularly at away games, zooming in too much and panning across too fast which means the detail is lost. Particularly at corners.

This isn't a Rams TV issue though. They're just taking the feed from the host club and of course with the size of some of these grounds this season it's been a bit more jarring I think.

Yeah, the club don’t take cameras to away games, even Owen and Shaun stay at Pride Park and do the comms from the broom cupboard filled with monitors. 

At times you can sense their frustration as well with the camerawork and sound issues. 

What you are seeing is the iFollow camera team in action. It’s these games you realise how lucky we are to have RamsTV. 

I find RamsTV as great entertainment to an affordable price. Really like the set up with Owen and Shaun, they are a good combination. I also find the interviews a good listening as well, good balance between being open, friendly but still a reporter. 

Would be nice to see some closer follow ups from the pre season. I think it would make the feel of connection between supporter and team closer if one could follow them from the beginning to the end.

4 hours ago, On the Ram Page said:

While we are all in a good mood following the win at Exeter and over the next 2/3 weeks filling this website with our opinions of our next 3 performances, can I take this opportunity to have an early shout out for RAMS TV.

Over the last turbulent couple of years the one thing that has remained a quality constant has been Rams TV, providing us with a professional, objective assessment of our matches (take note Radio Derby). I remember Owen Bradley occasionally commentating on Radio Derby and thought how good and informative he was at the time. He has risen to new heights over the last couple of years and (despite a few dodgy suits) is perfect for Rams TV,  keeping his commentary succinct and to the point. Shaun Barker is the perfect foil and his professional insight is well worth listening to - I can  “see what he was trying to do there” being his catchphrase. Getting Owen to Rams TV a was probably the best decision Mel Morris made during his time in charge!

Obviously, they are the frontmen for a quality team in the background and well done to all the nameless helpers in producing a great service.

So personally, thank you Owen & Shaun for your fantastic work. Hopefully, every one else who appreciates your work will show that by “Loving” this post in a mark of respect, as I know you do read this website.

Is this on Freeview? If so what channel? I might give it a go.

For what it is RAMSTV is great.

If I'm going to moan, the price went up 30% and the coverage went down. Like others i miss the U21s & U18s. 
I don't need the commentary or any analysis and i'm sure they're videoing any for training purposes - so just a straight feed would be really nice

4 hours ago, David said:

Yeah, the club don’t take cameras to away games, even Owen and Shaun stay at Pride Park and do the comms from the broom cupboard filled with monitors. 

At times you can sense their frustration as well with the camerawork and sound issues. 

What you are seeing is the iFollow camera team in action. It’s these games you realise how lucky we are to have RamsTV. 

So where do they put all the brooms on matchdays?

On 20/04/2023 at 17:01, Quagga said:

For what it is RAMSTV is great.

If I'm going to moan, the price went up 30% and the coverage went down. Like others i miss the U21s & U18s. 
I don't need the commentary or any analysis and i'm sure they're videoing any for training purposes - so just a straight feed would be really nice

Turn the sound off?