RAMS TV

On the Ram Page

It’s worth pointing out we are very lucky for a third tier to have the standard of coverage we get.

RamsTV is excellent and a valuable source for many of us, Owen and Shaun also work together very well.

It’s worth pointing out that Radio Derby has been excellent this year. Firstly Dominic Dietrich is maybe more subdued as a personality but he’s steered the ship excellently. Ed without the administration saga round his neck is much improved and provides excellent analysis in how he sees the game. The various pundits they use all offer something different with Darren Robinson being the pick of the bunch, really enjoy his insights.

Leigh Curtis has also done a great job in his first season at the DET and provides well thought out insights.

Added to this is Ryan Conway starting to give his opinions via Twitter and hopefully a book coming out about the last few years.

Like I say, we are very fortunate to have the quality of derhhce we get for a third tier club

Hi all,

Thanks for all the kind words. They are always massively appreciated, and I will pass them on to the team.

Regards the 21s coverage, we’ve been extremely limited by the number of games we can show this season by Premier League scheduling conflicts & home team consent, and unfortunately the RamsTV team is smaller than ever, which all combined has meant it hasn’t been possible to broadcast many fixtures. Hopefully we’ll be able to show more next season.

Happy to answer any questions, as always. 

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, Owen87ITK said:

Hi all,

Thanks for all the kind words. They are always massively appreciated, and I will pass them on to the team.

Regards the 21s coverage, we’ve been extremely limited by the number of games we can show this season by Premier League scheduling conflicts & home team consent, and unfortunately the RamsTV team is smaller than ever, which all combined has meant it hasn’t been possible to broadcast many fixtures. Hopefully we’ll be able to show more next season.

Happy to answer any questions, as always. 

Cheers! 

Thanks Owen. Any more Rams TV meets in the pipeline? I’d love to see one with Ooh Mark Wright, unless you’ve already done him and I’ve missed it.

On 20/04/2023 at 10:48, Jram said:

Yeah I’ve really missed the 21s coverage this year. Don’t really have a clue who’s pushing first team. From the brief highlights packages I’ve seen, Taylor-Hart looks to have a lot about him and Dajaune Brown looks a good player 

Having said that, our academy is seemingly going to be irrelevant now Warne is the manager. Really can’t see him bringing anyone through. Loves a 29 year old 

It might be Warne, but it might just be because our academy was asset-stripped thanks to the actions of our previous owner. Maybe a combination of the two.

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It might be Warne, but it might just be because our academy was asset-stripped thanks to the actions of our previous owner. Maybe a combination of the two.

Yeah that is true… I’ve been trying to find out what’s happened to some of the more promising talents who left for peanuts. From what I can see:

- Kaide Gordon- been out with a growth related injury for over a year. Now 18

- Liam delap, now 20, regularly on the bench at preston (no goals) following loan from City 

- Festy- in and out of Udinese squad 

- Omari Kellyman- fairly regular scorer for Villa’s 23s and 18s this season but not pulling up trees. Still only 17

1 hour ago, Jram said:

Yeah that is true… I’ve been trying to find out what’s happened to some of the more promising talents who left for peanuts. From what I can see:

- Kaide Gordon- been out with a growth related injury for over a year. Now 18

- Liam delap, now 20, regularly on the bench at preston (no goals) following loan from City 

- Festy- in and out of Udinese squad 

- Omari Kellyman- fairly regular scorer for Villa’s 23s and 18s this season but not pulling up trees. Still only 17

Interesting. Think Ebosele can safely be classed as a first teamer rather than academy prospect though.

Didn’t we sell 4 or 5 academy players in one deal too? Or am I going mad?

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Interesting. Think Ebosele can safely be classed as a first teamer rather than academy prospect though.

Didn’t we sell 4 or 5 academy players in one deal too? Or am I going mad?

I don’t know the ins and outs but there was chat on here around a year ago about us selling 3 15 year olds to Man U. I don’t know their names. 

6 hours ago, Jram said:

I don’t know the ins and outs but there was chat on here around a year ago about us selling 3 15 year olds to Man U. I don’t know their names. 

2 years ago. Scanlon, Kaba and Sharpe. At the time of the moves, they were 14, 14 and 15 respectively. 

Kaba, still an U16, has made a  couple of appearances, assisting in the game against us.
Despite playing a few times for the U18s last season, Sharpe has yet to play this season.
Scanlon, also still an U16, has become an ever present in the 2nd half of the season. He scored in the most recent game against our U18s.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

2 years ago. Scanlon, Kaba and Sharpe. At the time of the moves, they were 14, 14 and 15 respectively. 

Kaba, still an U16, has made a  couple of appearances, assisting in the game against us.
Despite playing a few times for the U18s last season, Sharpe has yet to play this season.
Scanlon, also still an U16, has become an ever present in the 2nd half of the season. He scored in the most recent game against our U18s.

Do you know what fee we got for them? Be interesting to keep an eye on the names

• 3 weeks later...

Midweek games are always a struggle for me due to work so I’ve watched a a few home and away games on Rams TV this season, and have done since the COVID season.  I really enjoy it and, for club TV, the coverage is reasonably impartial.  I might be biased but I prefer it to Sky TV!!  It a shame the new TV deal phases it out in the UK.

As has been mentioned, I’d love to see the “Rams TV Meets” brought back.  It’s really interesting to get an ex-players insight into their careers, especially their t8me with the Rams.  Curtis wouldn’t be a bad place to start 😉.

Fantastic job done by everyone concerned, no criticism here, I can't imagine

living so far  without RAMSTV

Hoping you are definitely going to show more content/matches..

ie. a weekly discussion with PW on how he's getting on with new signings etc would

be great (obviously don't expect him to give anything away)  and a real morale

booster

It wasn't until I saw the article that I realized we had Women's Academy teams and that the 

U20s were unbeaten all season. So anything on stuff like this would be phenomenal  👍

The idea for the upcoming day's training for people volunteering to do commentaries for the blind/partially blind interested me but living just outside Amsterdam counts me out. 

What effect is the new 24/25 TV contract going to have on Rams games via RamsTV for we expats? Hopefully none.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

What effect is the new 24/25 TV contract going to have on Rams games via RamsTV for we expats? Hopefully none.

EFL deal with Sky

Pinched from the EFL site.

In the current agreement, roughly 13% of EFL matches are shown by Sky Sports, whereas in the new deal, approximately 56% will be shown

League One and League Two clubs will be live approximately 16 times per season

From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services.

Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.

The EFL will be investing significantly in production infrastructure to enhance the viewing experience.

Sky Sports will have a minimum of eight cameras for each game broadcast on existing channels

A minimum of four cameras will be used at Championship and League One matches, and a minimum of two cameras in League Two

For matches available to stream, Sky Sports commentary will also be provided

I’d like to hear the thoughts of Owen on this one.

…………………well the printable version anyway!

2 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

EFL deal with Sky

Pinched from the EFL site.

In the current agreement, roughly 13% of EFL matches are shown by Sky Sports, whereas in the new deal, approximately 56% will be shown

League One and League Two clubs will be live approximately 16 times per season

From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services.

Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.

The EFL will be investing significantly in production infrastructure to enhance the viewing experience.

Sky Sports will have a minimum of eight cameras for each game broadcast on existing channels

A minimum of four cameras will be used at Championship and League One matches, and a minimum of two cameras in League Two

For matches available to stream, Sky Sports commentary will also be provided

I’d like to hear the thoughts of Owen on this one.

…………………well the printable version anyway!

So... no change since we all go to Amsterdam for evenings and weekends? 🤐

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Basically no change for those of us actually living abroad then..

... or for those with Very Personal Nice places abroad they can visit digitally.

13 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Basically no change for those of us actually living abroad then..

... or for those with Very Personal Nice places abroad they can visit digitally.

I hope Sky don't make it as difficult for us to visit RamsTV as they do to visit Sky Sports.