These 20 goal a season strikers

Day

43 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Didzy did what Didzy does, scores against the bottom sides.

We need him to show up in the next two games against tougher opposition.

He's scored 2 goals and assisted 4 times against the top 8 sides in the league which aren't called Derby. 12 games played.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

7 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

After careful consideration, I’ve decided I preferred it when you were banned….

Many years ago, I was heavily involved with a cricket website called CricketWeb.

There was an absolutely anally retentive poster on there who was totally obsessed with cricketers who he considered to be 'Flat Track Bullies' - batters who went huge a few times a season and had, in his opinion, over-inflated averages heavily skewed by 'big scores' - some of which were registered after a let-off (missed run out, LBW decision in his favour, dropped catch - you get the idea).

Players he considered to be FTBs included Brian Lara, Sachin Tendulkar, Jacques Kallis etc. So obsessed was he with this nonsense that he went through their career records and worked out 'new' averages for them assuming that the 'missed chance' had been an actual dismissal. Needless to say, their averages were 'reduced' - and he took this as 'proof'.

I asked him to perform the same exercise for others he considered to be more worthy of a lofty average, but for some reason he wouldn't.

Bris probably thinks that Haaland is rubbish because he hasn't scored against Liverpool.

40 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

So 2 goals in 12 games. It’s not a great record considering he is our best player! 

6 goals in his last 5 games.

Why exactly are you trying to diminish a player who is playing a massive (at times singular) role in keeping our season alive?

Yes, I am sure Sheffield Wednesday/Barnsley/Bolton will take notice of his record v the top teams and decide he’s not a threat and triple man-mark Haydon Roberts instead.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Why exactly are you trying to diminish a player who is playing a massive (at times singular) role in keeping our season alive?

Yes, I am sure Sheffield Wednesday/Barnsley/Bolton will take notice of his record v the top teams and decide he’s not a threat and triple man-mark Haydon Roberts instead.

Not trying to diminish his record. He is a League One version of Mario Gomez.

Time to step it up now 🤞

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Didzy did what Didzy does, scores against the bottom sides.

We need him to show up in the next two games against tougher opposition.

Burton’s form over last 8 games is top half of the table - one place above us - with the 5th hardest fixtures rated by the opposition‘s average points per game over the season. 

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Because he thinks football is played on a spreadsheet rather than a football pitch.

Anyone watching us this season and not drooling over Didzy just doesn't get football in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

So 2 goals in 12 games. It’s not a great record considering he is our best player! 

I dont understand how someone can single out the one player who has scored many of the goals to get us where we are. The whole team has not played as well against those sides

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Clarke-Harris, the league's top scorer has the same number of goal contributions against the top sides too, but in 15 games rather than McGoldrick's 12. That's also in a side which scores more than Derby.

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Clarke-Harris, the league's top scorer has the same number of goal contributions against the top sides too, but in 15 games rather than McGoldrick's 12. That's also in a side which scores more than Derby.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF