Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Cheers @Carnero. Always a tiny bit sceptical as to the accuracy of sites like transfermarkt, and again some of the local press articles I went through. So yeah may not be fully accurate/reliable. Was still an interesting exercise to see there are potentially plenty of options available to us, especially if the planning and charm offensive has already began.

I only knew that about Brannagan as we played Oxford first game of the season, in the week before that game a deal had been agreed with Blackpool for him so I was keeping tabs on it hoping that he would sign for Blackpool so that he couldn't play against us 😂

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Can’t we sign some of the out of contract ones from championship clubs as they might be better players? 

I’m sure we can, just for clarity I don’t believe B4 or myself are part of the club’s recruitment team, just sharing the info to have a good ol chat and speculate.

There are plenty of options in the championship, leagues 1 & 2, possibly academy cast offs as well as the Scottish leagues who will have contracts expiring this summer, will fit the age bracket Warne wants and who will hopefully be enticed to Derby by the promise of a Bird’s cream bun. Regardless of the joy or disappointment we may experience as the season reaches its conclusion I think we’ll see a fair bit of player turnover in the summer for sure. 

There is a couple of contracts in League One coming up that I'm sure we will be considering too, especially the likes George Dobson, Luke Leahy, Archie Collins, Josh Key & perhaps Matthew Pennington (feel like he's been linked before). 

Niall Ennis, Danny Mayor and Ryan Hardie are also coming up to the end of their deals - perhaps something could be done there. 

I know he was rotten in his game against us, but Joe Ward at Peterborough too. He's done alright this season, but doesn't seem to be loved by their fans. 

13 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Jordan Brown (21) - Leyton Orient CM. Former Ram’s academy player, made 25 appearances for the table toppers, bring him home?

Interesting call on Jordan Brown, was on the verge of breaking through here when he became another victim of the administration. 

I think he's more of a Warne player than Tommo or even Bird, for example. He's stronger in the air and the tackle but his composure and distribution are as good. Still has a few games out here and there with injuries. And he can play in defence as well as CDM.

Been on Orient forum, they're nailed on to go up as champions and every poster over there wants to keep him for their crack at League One.

If he chose to come back here instead (he's from Stoke) he'd always have that extra pressure of being an ex-academy player. There's a noticeable section of our fanbase can't wait to diss them at every opportunity. 

FWIW, I think he'll stay loyal to Orient.

40 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Do we need Footballers or Athletes in this league, when I refer to Athletes I mean people who can run for 100 minutes, PW does like a side with high degree of mobility. 

Perhaps its a mix of both!!!

We need a few that are tougher in the tackle and a few who can head the flipping ball.

Soul destroying watching our free kick and corner routine where no one runs with intent to head it.

Everyone huddles like penguins and jumps from the neck up.

I know we were briefly linked with Flint. Whilst he has limitations as a defender there’s no doubt he is a real threat in the opposition box.

We could do with more of that.

So, just a couple to do the grunt stuff but surrounded by players who can play.

19 hours ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Few tasty names in there, we’ve gotta be realistic so probably not the likes of Pukki, or Dowell because I’m still getting over his last stint, would definitely take Ashley Barnes for a year if he’d drop to us.

Realistic but ideal targets could be:

- Jay Dasilva

- Connor Wickham

- Tyler Walker

- Liam Kelly (is he the one that scored that absolute beauty against us in a 3-3 at Reading)

- Sam Byram

- Ogbene (probably anyone out of contract who’s played for Warne really)

- Max Power 

Have always thought Ben Osborne’s destined to have some sort of stint here, we love a controversial ex forest player. Some good options in there

I believe Ben is a Spondon lad . We don’t care about McGoldrick being ex Florists or Thomson being from Notts.  And he didn’t over celebrate when he scored the winner at PP.

20 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Here’s the list B4 is talking about, 72 current championship players who are on a free in the summer;

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfers-paul-warne-8304675

Interesting quote from the article;

“Head coach Paul Warne held a further meeting with his recruitment team last week while agents of some players who will be available also attended training.”

Agents attending training is intriguing 

Kinkladze was at training this week and has worked as an agent in the recent past. Who does he currently represent though? 

I think a lot will depend on whether we go up or not. You can see Bird, Knight and Cashin all leaving if we stay in this league. Both from a point of view of their own career progression and us wanting to get some money through the door without them heading into the last year of their contract and losing them for nothing.

We also may not be limited to free agents, we might be able to get some under-contract players if it suits their current club to mutually terminate their contract.

7 hours ago, Carnero said:

I'm not sure how trustworthy that list is, as Cameron Brannagan (very good player) signed a new 3 year contract at Oxford last summer!

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2022/july/cameron-brannagan-stays-with-the-us/

There's a couple of forwards at Plymouth who are out of contract in the summer - Ryan Hardie (age 26) and Niall Ennis (age 23), both would be decent additions.

Probably Championship bound 🙂

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Interesting call on Jordan Brown, was on the verge of breaking through here when he became another victim of the administration. 

I think he's more of a Warne player than Tommo or even Bird, for example. He's stronger in the air and the tackle but his composure and distribution are as good. Still has a few games out here and there with injuries. And he can play in defence as well as CDM.

Been on Orient forum, they're nailed on to go up as champions and every poster over there wants to keep him for their crack at League One.

If he chose to come back here instead (he's from Stoke) he'd always have that extra pressure of being an ex-academy player. There's a noticeable section of our fanbase can't wait to diss them at every opportunity. 

FWIW, I think he'll stay loyal to Orient.

He seems to be playing RB in a back four when he starts. Don't recall him having much pace but would make a solid tacking, passing RB

Someone suggested Conor Wickham. We could get him now. We could have got him in January. We didn't. Look at his career. More barren seasons than rich ones. That was why I said we shouldn't go for him when he was mooted in January. I also think that he doesn't fit Warne's player/person standards (one or both).

53 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Someone suggested Conor Wickham. We could get him now. We could have got him in January. We didn't. Look at his career. More barren seasons than rich ones. That was why I said we shouldn't go for him when he was mooted in January. I also think that he doesn't fit Warne's player/person standards (one or both).

A poor man’s James Collins.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

Went to Cardiff I think…