Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

13 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Perhaps Warne needs to find out where he's taking his family for lunch one day over the summer, turn up for a 'chance meeting' and bond over their shared love of Norwich?

Maybe talk about the pedestrianisation of Norwich City Centre? That feels like Warne's kinda bag.

Not that I’m looking to strike up a Warne vs Rosenior debate, but isn’t this part of the story of how Hourihane signed for us? He was out for lunch and Rosenior was in the same place purely by coincidence;

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfer-conor-hourihane-7299460.amp

Playing Devils Advocate here, but imagine 6 months from now, Warne/Derby are charged with tapping up players still in contract at their current clubs.

I don't know why, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Could only happen to us 😆

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not that I’m looking to strike up a Warne vs Rosenior debate, but isn’t this part of the story of how Hourihane signed for us? He was out for lunch and Rosenior was in the same place purely by coincidence;

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfer-conor-hourihane-7299460.amp

Yep.

It was an intentional nod toward that.

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How likely is that?

Very likely. Why would they not? I could be wrong here, but if they don't offer him a contract, they won't get compensation for him if he signed for us (or anyone else). If they offer him a contract they're entitled for compensation from us as he's U24 and came from their academy. 

Based on who I expect to leave in the summer, and sticking to Warne's preferred 532, I'd be looking at shaping the squad up something like this:

GK: Wildsmith, Bialkowski (Millwall), Evans
RCB: Pennington (Shrewsbury), Rooney
CB: Bartley (WBA), Forsyth
LCB: Smith (Port Vale), Roberts (Brighton)
RWB: Clark (Accrington), Mendez-Laing
LWB: Ferguson (Rotherham), Barkhuizen
RCM: Wiles (Rotherham), LThompson
CM: Brannagan (Oxford), Smith, 
LCM: Byers (Sheff Weds), Hourihane
CF: Hardie (Plymouth), McGoldrick
CF: Wilson (Wigan), Collins

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Based on who I expect to leave in the summer, and sticking to Warne's preferred 532, I'd be looking at shaping the squad up something like this:

Think Brannagan might be a step too far, but can't fault many of the others.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

some good shouts in there mate

Callum Paterson at Wednesday might be worth a shout if they go up and we don't. Out of contract in the summer, he's been injured for the last ten games during their drop of form. 28 years old, can play anywhere down the right side or up front. Crucially has that competitive dark arts trait for his team's advantage. 

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Thats depressed me  (unless we romp home as Champions in which case happy to be fickle) no Cashin,Sibley, Knight or Bird. Do you really think they'll all go?

16 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Thats depressed me  (unless we romp home as Champions in which case happy to be fickle) no Cashin,Sibley, Knight or Bird. Do you really think they'll all go?

Got to do anything to keep knight, cashin and Sibley! Bird should be kept but i wouldn't be upset to lose him as hes not offering anything to our team at the minute, hes too light weight for league 1

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Why would Sibley want to stay to be constantly played out of position, if played at all? He'd slot atriaght into a team like Coventry and play regularly in his preferred position.

The others could play for top Championship sides. I could see Knight being a squad player for a side newly promoted to the PL. All will be able to progress with their careers and earn far more than they can with us.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why would Sibley want to stay to be constantly played out of position, if played at all? He'd slot striaght into a team like Coventry and play regularly in his preferred position.

The others could play for top Championship sides. I could see Knight being a squad player for a side newly promoted to the PL. All will be able to progress with their careers and earn far more than they can with us.

When Warne prefers to give game time to Dobbin, White and even Springett (pre-injury)

15 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Got to do anything to keep knight, cashin and Sibley! Bird should be kept but i wouldn't be upset to lose him as hes not offering anything to our team at the minute, hes too light weight for league 1

I'd flog all of them bar Bird for decent money. 

1 hour ago, winktheram said:

I'd flog all of them bar Bird for decent money. 

Depends what you class as decent money, they are all in the last year of there contracts so be lucky to get a couple of mill of knight and cashin so they need to be put on a longer contract. Sibley id be surprised if you got 500,000 for, i think you would probably get about 500,000 for bird as well! Better just keeping them all try and get them to sign 3/4 year deals but with bird id try and loan him out because league 1 doesnt suit him 

On 06/04/2023 at 10:09, Ghost of Clough said:

So selling Bird Knight Sibley and Cashin?