Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

Well 72 players free in the summer who will go for.

I think decent shout might be ashley barns from Burnley I think he is in 20s but also troy deeney but he is wrong side of 3os but he is tall and strong if were still in league one he might do well for us.

But who else does people think derby might sign.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well 72 players free in the summer who will go for.

I think decent shout might be ashley barns from Burnley I think he is in 20s but also troy deeney but he is wrong side of 3os but he is tall and strong if were still in league one he might do well for us.

But who else does people think derby might sign.

Ashley Barnes is 33. Not sure I’d fancy either of those but, having not seen a list, I can’t suggest anyone better at the moment.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Ashley Barnes is 33. Not sure I’d fancy either of those but, having not seen a list, I can’t suggest anyone better at the moment.

There a list on det mate of known as derby even telegrath website.

I thought ashley barns was 26 to 27 years old guess not then.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

There a list on det mate of known as derby even telegrath website.

I thought ashley barns was 26 to 27 years old guess not then.

I guess the problem is, if he was 26 or 27 his wages would probably be out of our range. Sadly, our list of potential targets will not only be limited by them being available on a free transfer but also by the wages they can command.

Here’s the list B4 is talking about, 72 current championship players who are on a free in the summer;

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfers-paul-warne-8304675

Interesting quote from the article;

“Head coach Paul Warne held a further meeting with his recruitment team last week while agents of some players who will be available also attended training.”

Agents attending training is intriguing 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Here’s the list B4 is talking about, 72 current championship players who are on a free in the summer;

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfers-paul-warne-8304675

Interesting quote from the article;

“Head coach Paul Warne held a further meeting with his recruitment team last week while agents of some players who will be available also attended training.”

Agents attending training is intriguing 

Thanks buddy.

Well might have a look now and see what he can more he can do now the better meaning more time in pre season.

No doubt some of these will be out of our reach in terms of wages and competition from other sides, others will be very realistic options. The biggest takeaway from this for me is that there are 72 potential free agents from the championship, there’ll possibly be similar numbers from leagues 1 & 2, it’s a decent pool of players for us to be looking at. 
I like the proactive approach of inviting agents to watch training so they can potentially feed back to their player, and I suppose they wouldn’t do it if there wasn’t potential interest, even if it’s slim. All of which points to a good chance of adding to the squad even with the current restrictions. 

Some former Rams and former Warne players on the list, could we see some reunions? 🤔 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Just now, The Last Post said:

Very intriguing indeed...as we can't pay agents fees they must be working F O C 😁

Their clients can pay them though (which is how it should be anyway in my view), we pay the player, they pay the agent, everyone wins and we comply with our business plan/straightjacket 

Few tasty names in there, we’ve gotta be realistic so probably not the likes of Pukki, or Dowell because I’m still getting over his last stint, would definitely take Ashley Barnes for a year if he’d drop to us.

Realistic but ideal targets could be:

- Jay Dasilva

- Connor Wickham

- Tyler Walker

- Liam Kelly (is he the one that scored that absolute beauty against us in a 3-3 at Reading)

- Sam Byram

- Ogbene (probably anyone out of contract who’s played for Warne really)

- Max Power 

Have always thought Ben Osborne’s destined to have some sort of stint here, we love a controversial ex forest player. Some good options in there

9 minutes ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Few tasty names in there, we’ve gotta be realistic so probably not the likes of Pukki, or Dowell because I’m still getting over his last stint, would definitely take Ashley Barnes for a year if he’d drop to us.

Realistic but ideal targets could be:

- Jay Dasilva

- Connor Wickham

- Tyler Walker

- Liam Kelly (is he the one that scored that absolute beauty against us in a 3-3 at Reading)

- Sam Byram

- Ogbene (probably anyone out of contract who’s played for Warne really)

- Max Power 

Have always thought Ben Osborne’s destined to have some sort of stint here, we love a controversial ex forest player. Some good options in there

No thanks to any ex forest players.

15 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

No thanks to any ex forest players.

Ben Osborn supports Derby and probably would have had a future at the club if our academy wasn't such a mess when he was at the club.

I know first hand that when Ben was a ball boy for Forest, he would sit listening to the Derby game in his head phones if both clubs played at the same time.