Points Deduction, Who's Next And When Will It Stop?

ram59

11 minutes ago, ram59 said:

This punishment of Everton shows up a massive flaw in the Premier League's rules.

They have given Everton a 10 point penalty for making too high losses, but they welcome with open arms the likes of QPR, Villa, Bournemouth, etc, who all made illegal losses in the championship, in order to gain promotion to the Premier. Why aren't these clubs hit with points penalties either in the Premier or on return to the Championship?

Because they're not Derby County!

22 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Saw a Lessta fan on twitter earlier saying they should sue Everton with no idea whatsoever that his own team had cheated to get promoted to the prem.

Probably one of those doing 'champions of England you'll never sing that' in the FA cup game against us a few years ago. 

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Saw a Lessta fan on twitter earlier saying they should sue Everton with no idea whatsoever that his own team had cheated to get promoted to the prem.

So who gets to sue Leicester? That wasn’t the year they beat us was it?

Could we sue villa? But apparently we were also cheating at that time. Eventually it just becomes like cycling and it’s a case of who can cheat best. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

So who gets to sue Leicester? That wasn’t the year they beat us was it?

Could we sue villa? But apparently we were also cheating at that time. Eventually it just becomes like cycling and it’s a case of who can cheat best. 

2013-14. Both Leicester and QPR, after years of legal wrangling and threatening to "sue the EFL out of existence" were "punished" to the extent that their billionaire owners had to pay hefty fines out of, er, even heftier earnings they'd received as a result of cheating their way into the premier league. Leicester fans cling to the agreed wording of the judgement which said there'd been no evidence of a "deliberate attempt to deceive", which was laughable when what they'd done is set up an entirely bogus "marketing deal" that enabled their owner to invest a further £10m to offset FFP losses. 

I remember a radio interview after the QPR judgement was finally published where Morris was asked if he'd thought about suing them for damages, but he said didn't think football should be go down that road. Well, I bet that's another decision in his "things I wish I'd done differently" pile.....

3 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Theres absolutely no way spurs will get a 10 point deduction for  transfer that happened over 15 years a go.

And neither should they, given the amount of time that has elapsed. I reckon the list of potential sanctions in the article are just there to make the story more juicy. I have no love for Spurs but it really wouldn’t be right to punish them now especially with a points deduction.Mind you, all the clubs that might think about suing them (or Portsmouth) could be interesting. We could have a class action against them. Heck, we could also include Wycombe. 😀

On 28/11/2023 at 22:29, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I see all those players that Reading have been allowed to sign under their 'embargo that was clearly going to be broken' at the start of the season have riden to their rescue over the last 2 games.  Total farce. 

Back on the list 

IMG_0188.png

12 hours ago, richinspain said:

This month.

Or maybe not, there's a report that staff are only being paid a fraction of their wages on time, whether this applies to the players as well, I don't know.

It appears that this club is constantly doing the bear minimum, at most, to avoid further penalties. What's the betting, they somehow find money to satisfy various bodies, which will enable them to strengthen in January?

11 hours ago, ram59 said:

Or maybe not, there's a report that staff are only being paid a fraction of their wages on time, whether this applies to the players as well, I don't know.

It appears that this club is constantly doing the bear minimum, at most, to avoid further penalties. What's the betting, they somehow find money to satisfy various bodies, which will enable them to strengthen in January?

It’s been reported that the players have been paid in full and the rest of the staff have received a portion of their wages with the balance to be paid on Tuesday.