Lowest away attendance at Pride Park

Poynton ram

1 minute ago, Poynton ram said:

any idea what the lowest away attendance at Pride Park has been for a competitive match? 

I remember someone bringing 13 for a midweek game in our 2 year spell in the old Third Division. Can't remember who it was. Maybe Newport County

26 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

any idea what the lowest away attendance at Pride Park has been for a competitive match? 

For a first team game, I am fairly sure in saying it was:

Derby County vs Manchester City U21. Papa Johns Trophy Northern Group F. 7:00pm, Tuesday 18th October 2022. Pride Park Stadium Attendance: 3,688.

51 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Sorry about the above, I misread that you were asking about AWAY attendances.

Wimbledon brought the lowest number of away fans on 25 November 2002 in Division One. Derby won 3-1 in front of 25,597.

Wimbledon fans were boycotting all games in protest against the proposed move to Milton Keynes. They brought just 23 fans who boycotted the boycott. We were able to count them in the South Stand where away supporters were located then.

But I will accept correction to my figure if VDMH and Angie counted differently ?

6 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Wimbledon brought the lowest number of away fans on 25 November 2002 in Division One. Derby won 3-1 in front of 25,597.

Wimbledon fans were boycotting all games in protest against the proposed move to Milton Keynes. They brought just 23 fans who boycotted the boycott. We were able to count them in the South Stand where away supporters were located then.

But I will accept correction to my figure if VDMH and Angie counted differently ?

I always had 35 in my head from that game but you may well be right.

39 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I thought they were put in the west stand and the south stand was closed for that match. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

I remember someone bringing 13 for a midweek game in our 2 year spell in the old Third Division. Can't remember who it was. Maybe Newport County

My recollection from a conversation with an incredulous school mate was that the 13 was Stockport County in either the 1955 or 1956 seasons in the old Division 3 (North) , however could be wrong as both seasons games were at the weekend.

Newport County did not play in Div 3N, but we did meet them in the "new" Div 3 in 1984, but that was on the Saturday before Christmas

1 hour ago, sage said:

3 minutes ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

My recollection from a conversation with an incredulous school mate was that the 13 was Stockport County in either the 1955 or 1956 seasons in the old Division 3 (North) , however could be wrong as both seasons games were at the weekend.

Newport County did not play in Div 3N, but we did meet them in the "new" Div 3 in 1984, but that was on the Saturday before Christmas

I said maybeeee

Music Video 90S GIF by Oasis

9 hours ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

I always thought that segregation at football matches didn`t come into force until the early 70 s ?

9 hours ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

I thought 13 was the lowest recorded gate for a league football match, and it involved Stockport but not Derby, even if we did play a part in the bigger story. Here is what the Independent had to say about it (used to love their sporting Q&As that you could send in).

Why did 13 spectators watch the game between Stockport County and Leicester City in 1921 - the lowest crowd for a Football League match?

A. The reason for the lowest "crowd" for a Football League match of 13 for Stockport County v Leicester City on 7 May 1921 was that the hosts ground at Edgeley Park had been closed by an FA order following crowd disturbances.

The fixture was moved to Old Trafford and immediately followed a match between Manchester United and Derby County. The unlucky 13 were those who had paid to enter between the two games to witness a 0-0 draw, along with the estimated 2,000 already present.