Shamima Begum bid to regain UK citizenship rejected

Comrade 86

I have very little sympathy for her and any other terrorist or former terrorists regardless of age, race, religion, nationality that find themselves unable to re enter this country if it’s allowed in the legal framework.

If that means some of you want to throw me into some extreme right wing category with Donald Trump, Nigel Farage and Tommy Robinson, so be it, I’m more than comfortable in my own mind to know I’m nowhere near those.

I’m not sure how anyone can be confident that she or any other member of ISIS/terrorist organisation has or can be deradicalized, would anyone be confident enough to let her share the roof above your heads?

Much is being made of her age, being a child, she was 6 months away from turning 16, at which point she would be considered old enough to have sex and start having children of her own, potentially “grooming” them into ISIS.

Reading this topic, it feels like we are not only responsible for her, but all asylum seekers and this country should be a free for all, any opposition to this is deemed racist.

If you look at the very definition of what asylum is:

Protection or safety, especially that given by a government to people who have been forced to leave their own countries for their safety or because of war

Whilst these people do have my sympathy, those that are genuinely looking for safety, would a homeless person in this country be so picky when being offered a house to come off the streets? Sorry, I don’t want your 1 bedroom flat in Chaddesden, I want a 3 bedroom semi in Quarndon. 

I get the argument that they may have family over here or English being their second language makes it easier, where possible we must help those, we just have to have some control of our borders regardless of preferred destinations.

Again, we’re talking about people looking for safety and there are many countries that can offer safety from war than the UK, countries which asylum seekers pass to arrive in this country given our geographical location. 

Let me be clear, I’m not against this country taking in asylum seekers, offering safety, houses, benefits to enable them to rebuild their lives. I am against a complete free for all in which we are seeing thousands each month turn up on our shores off boats they have paid thousands for risking their lives even more.

We are a relatively small island compared to many European countries, there needs to be a better system in place where Asylum seekers are processed fairly and for lack of a better word, distributed fairly given the size of the country.

We’re already struggling for tomatoes to wipe our backsides with the current population. (I had to get tomatoes in there somehow) 

Back to Shamima, what next for her if we continue to deny her entry? This might sound heartless, but I simply don’t care.

Again, you can be white, black, green, red, yellow, Christian, Muslim or into Scientology, if you join an organisation which is bringing terror on innocent lives, even if it’s simply stitching the suicide belts, I have absolutely no sympathy for Shamima, Gary, Barry, Sally or whoever. 

What I would say finally is, we must be consistent with this and we should absolutely not make this a one off or for burka wearers only. 

19 hours ago, David said:

If that means some of you want to throw me into some extreme right wing category with Donald Trump, Nigel Farage and Tommy Robinson, so be it, I’m more than comfortable in my own mind to know I’m nowhere near those.

I thought it was a fair and well balanced post and full of common sense. The sort of common sense the likes of Lee Anderson think they are talking, when they are just spouting right wing rubbish.

I haven't really followed the story about the girl who joined IS. Sounds like the sort of story the media love as it can drive strong emotions and focus everyone's feeling into one easy, tragic case.

The asylum seeker situation is complex, but the people in charge are totally inept & stoking hatred to cover up their own uselessness.

We can no longer return people to their point of departure. We have an aging population with not enough people left to work, which is contributing to inflation. Everyone is striking and the shops are running out of normal food. We sold all our trains off to France and they cost a fortune to use. 

I've got a feeling that people protesting vs asylum seekers being held in a Travelodge is missing a bigger problem. Guess that must be what happens when you are force fed a diet of bile via Facebook/Tabloids/GB News.

In days gone by, I think the UK would have been leader of Eurpoean/Worldwide co-operation. We just seem a bit tin pot now. Maybe it's just the plan to make the UK undesirable, not just for asylum seekers but everyone.

35 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I thought it was a fair and well balanced post and full of common sense. The sort of common sense the likes of Lee Anderson think they are talking, when they are just spouting right wing rubbish.

I haven't really followed the story about the girl who joined IS. Sounds like the sort of story the media love as it can drive strong emotions and focus everyone's feeling into one easy, tragic case.

The asylum seeker situation is complex, but the people in charge are totally inept & stoking hatred to cover up their own uselessness.

We can no longer return people to their point of departure. We have an aging population with not enough people left to work, which is contributing to inflation. Everyone is striking and the shops are running out of normal food. We sold all our trains off to France and they cost a fortune to use. 

I've got a feeling that people protesting vs asylum seekers being held in a Travelodge is missing a bigger problem. Guess that must be what happens when you are force fed a diet of bile via Facebook/Tabloids/GB News.

In days gone by, I think the UK would have been leader of Eurpoean/Worldwide co-operation. We just seem a bit tin pot now. Maybe it's just the plan to make the UK undesirable, not just for asylum seekers but everyone.

Lee Anderson says anything it’s right wing rubbish anyone else vaguely says anything similar it’s well thought out ,, hmm

protests outside hotels have been started by local people who’s lives are directly affected by what’s going on not what they read in the papers,

ive said these protests outside hotels are not the right way to go about it in my view but let’s not pretend they are a result of the papers and everything is fine if they just wouldn’t print stuff, the right wing and left wing trouble makers who turn up to piggy back on ordinary people constantly are the biggest problem 

Edited by Archied

30 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

A letter to a Mother.

Hiya Mum, Well the weather is cold again, I still can't afford to heat my home, I've been shopping today but there's no fresh vegetables that I can see, I went for a walk into town last night, Men fighting everywhere, Women so drunk they can't stand up, The price of food is getting very expensive but I thankyou for the food parcel you sent, The neighbours next to me are fighting again over their children damaging cars, I watch the parents from my window and they're always drinking cans of beer, No wonder the children are so rude.

I went to the library to keep warm but they wouldn't let me in, The person at the door said it's full, I looked and there wasn't to many in there, I questioned him...he apologised but said it was something to do with health and safety, I went to the doctors as I was ill the nice lady made me an appointment I can see a doctor in 2 weeks time, I think I might be dead by then...only joking mum, I lost my job yesterday my boss said he's closing down as he can't afford to heat the cafe where I work, Well going to have to go now as my time is nearly up from the free computer I use, Back to my mouldy flat, Can you tell Dad that if I get a job I coming home to Germany how do these English cope.

Yours lovingly

Heinz De Hoops  

On 24/02/2023 at 13:24, sage said:

I agree. If I had to flee my country in fear of my life, travelling alone and afraid. I wouldn't want to find a country where my relatives are or where I understood the language, I'd just try and settle somewhere on my own, with no family support or any idea about anything written or spoken.  

you mean Nottinghamshire? ?

On 26/02/2023 at 10:39, PistoldPete said:

Try your local greengrocer instead. What's this got to do with the ISIS girl though?  

Id have thought it was quite obvious. 

The lack of tomatoes is all down to Brexit.

The only reason people voted Brexit is because they didnt want people with brown skin in the country.

Surprised you didnt spot the link.

22 hours ago, Archied said:

Lee Anderson says anything it’s right wing rubbish anyone else vaguely says anything similar it’s well thought out ,, hmm

protests outside hotels have been started by local people who’s lives are directly affected by what’s going on not what they read in the papers,

ive said these protests outside hotels are not the right way to go about it in my view but let’s not pretend they are a result of the papers and everything is fine if they just wouldn’t print stuff, the right wing and left wing trouble makers who turn up to piggy back on ordinary people constantly are the biggest problem 

Your mistake I'm afraid, if you don't vote Labour it is because you are thick and just believe everything the right wing media tell you, dont for one second believe that you are clever enough to see things with your own eyes!

But of course the lefties completely ignore things in the media and I am sure they all have an in depth knowledge of people like '30p Lee'.

More Ghanian trained medical staff work in the NHS than work in Ghana itself.

Just another example of the pure stupidity of those in charge, we are now exploiting some of the poorest and most in need countries in the world to plug the gaps in our health service, after driving away already settled immigrant workers from Eastern Europe.

On 22/02/2023 at 18:35, sage said:

Semi-Trafficked. From Turkey to Syria. She isn't on my Christmas Card list, but she was a child.  

She stole her older sisters passport, she travelled to a known ISIS cult engaged in war upon the non muslims. She knew what she was doing and has no regrets other than she was caught. Keep her in Syria let them try her in their courts. Make any uK citizen joining such groups accountable for treason by banned them from returning to the UK . She is an evil  brainwashed terrorist who chose that life .... end of.

44 minutes ago, Rev said:

More Ghanian trained medical staff work in the NHS than work in Ghana itself.

Just another example of the pure stupidity of those in charge, we are now exploiting some of the poorest and most in need countries in the world to plug the gaps in our health service, after driving away already settled immigrant workers from Eastern Europe.

If they are already trained staff would that not indicate they were here before Brexit?

Also who has drove away settled immigrant workers from Eastern Europe? I thought they were all given the opportunity to stay? 

The business I work for has a large proportion of Eastern European workers and they are all still here other than 2 who went back to Poland to start a family.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If they are already trained staff would that not indicate they were here before Brexit?

Also who has drove away settled immigrant workers from Eastern Europe? I thought they were all given the opportunity to stay? 

The business I work for has a large proportion of Eastern European workers and they are all still here other than 2 who went back to Poland to start a family.

It’s as if it’s impossible for the U.K. to put in place proper thought out immigration policies for any nationality s and the the way is to have total free movement in Europe under the control of Brussels ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

She stole her older sisters passport, she travelled to a known ISIS cult engaged in war upon the non muslims. She knew what she was doing and has no regrets other than she was caught. Keep her in Syria let them try her in their courts. Make any uK citizen joining such groups accountable for treason by banned them from returning to the UK . She is an evil  brainwashed terrorist who chose that life .... end of.

At 15

27 minutes ago, sage said:

At 15

And as the OP says - "brainwashed"

Remembering that in brainwashing, the victim is the person who gets brainwashed. In this case a child being brainwashed.

Saying that she "chose that life" in the same sentence as admitting she was a brainwashed child is completely contradictory

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Id have thought it was quite obvious. 

The lack of tomatoes is all down to Brexit.

The only reason people voted Brexit is because they didnt want people with brown skin in the country.

Surprised you didnt spot the link.

I assume you are being ironic. 

our greengrocer has lots of tomatoes. Supermarket supply lines are too inflexible when their supplies are affected by weather conditions in Spain or North Africa same with eggs , supposedly to do with bird flu but actually again due to poor supply lines for the supermarkets or them being too tight to pay the higher prices. 

As for your other comment well that’s just trolling. 

2 hours ago, Magicman said:

So she was an evil terrorist that chose that life.

Er, but she was brainwashed.

Okkkkk.

Do you know what brainwashing does?

It removes conscious/reasoned choice.

More importantly, do you know that anybody not suffering from certain mental conditions can be brainwashed given the right/wrong circumstances?

End of.

Imagine this scenario.

Some brainwashed citizen of France ends up on these shores and starts to help the New IRA.

The Police catch up with her and arrest her.

We give France a call and the conversation goes like this (and feel free to do the French person in a John Cleese, Holy Grail voice for added comedic effect because it actually is that ridiculous.

'Hello, is that France?'

Oui, oui this is France, what do you want we are very busy you know English pig dog?"

'We've got this terrorist of yours, where should we send her?"

'We don't want her"

"But she has a French passport, she is one of your citizens"

<background murmuring and hushed voices>

'It's ok, we removed her citizenship she's nothing to do with us anymore. Now if you'll excuse me I have a tasty garlic baguette going cold"

<click>

'Hello? Hello?'

I wonder what the people on this board would be saying knowing that we don't only have to look after her for the relatively short time she will be in jail but for the rest of her life because we have nowhere to deport her to.

The sad reality is, and in the parlance that should be understandable to anybody, she's one of our own, she's one of our own, Shamima Begum is one of our own, whether we like it or not.

I don't like it and I doubt anybody does, but ho-hum, that's life.

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Imagine this scenario.

Some brainwashed citizen of France ends up on these shores and starts to help the New IRA.

The Police catch up with her and arrest her.

We give France a call and the conversation goes like this (and feel free to do the French person in a John Cleese, Holy Grail voice for added comedic effect because it actually is that ridiculous.

'Hello, is that France?'

Oui, oui this is France, what do you want we are very busy you know English pig dog?"

'We've got this terrorist of yours, where should we send her?"

'We don't want her"

"But she has a French passport, she is one of your citizens"

<background murmuring and hushed voices>

'It's ok, we removed her citizenship she's nothing to do with us anymore. Now if you'll excuse me I have a tasty garlic baguette going cold"

<click>

'Hello? Hello?'

I wonder what the people on this board would be saying knowing that we don't only have to look after her for the relatively short time she will be in jail but for the rest of her life because we have nowhere to deport her to.

The sad reality is, and in the parlance that should be understandable to anybody, she's one of our own, she's one of our own, Shamima Begum is one of our own, whether we like it or not.

I don't like it and I doubt anybody does, but ho-hum, that's life.

All the above would have to come after her trial, A known terrorist helping an organisation...the New IRA.

"The IRA has never been listed as a terrorist organization by the State Department,* but the British Home Office lists any group under the IRA name, as well as various splinter organizations, as proscribed terrorist groups. The IRA no longer describes itself as an armed force and officially ended its armed campaign to reunify Ireland in July 2005"

I would then think that our judicial system would lock her up as a threat to our Nation for a very long time.

So in essence our lot would call the French to inform them we have one of there's as she's on a list of known terrorists, They would then tell us she is no longer one of ours so do as you please...and we do.

Ce la Vie ??

10 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

All the above would have to come after her trial, A known terrorist helping an organisation...the New IRA.

"The IRA has never been listed as a terrorist organization by the State Department,* but the British Home Office lists any group under the IRA name, as well as various splinter organizations, as proscribed terrorist groups. The IRA no longer describes itself as an armed force and officially ended its armed campaign to reunify Ireland in July 2005"

I would then think that our judicial system would lock her up as a threat to our Nation for a very long time.

So in essence our lot would call the French to inform them we have one of there's as she's on a list of known terrorists, They would then tell us she is no longer one of ours so do as you please...and we do.

Ce la Vie ??

I'll try and simplify it because the point clearly went straight over your head.

What if for some reason she gets off as does happen? 

She is then stateless and no other country wants her including the French who say she's no longer French.

Would you be ok with her now being our responsibility?

Or would you be one of the many screaming at France to take responsibility for one of her own citizens?

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'll try and simplify it because the point clearly went straight over your head.

What if for some reason she gets off as does happen? 

She is then stateless and no other country wants her including the French who say she's no longer French.

1. Would you be ok with her now being our responsibility?

2. Or would you be one of the many screaming at France to take responsibility for one of her own citizens?

Never went over my head...your pretty naive, What if ?, There's a shed load of "what if's"

As someone who is aware of these cases, As I have to go through a security check every 5 years, Name, Address, How many years I've lived at my current address, As there are people in my family who deal with some very nasty individuals/cases.

Scream from the rooftops if you wish...it's of no concern of mine, The Government and the Judges have both decided she's a threat to the Nation, Now lets look at the word "Threat" it doesn't mean she will cause a terrorist act, It means there's a possible "threat" she "may" cause a terrorist act, She is one person who's sewed her own seeds and now reaping her fruits.

1.Yes, Take a look at Charles Salvador(ex Bronson) we're pretty good at making someone toe the Government line.

2.No I wouldn't, Like the many 1000s of Channel hoppers who we feed and keep warm, She'll be our responsibility