Wycombe Wanderers (A) Sat 11th Feb

3 hours ago, Jayram said:

Was at the game yesterday and was really disappointed with how we played. Wycombe‘s main tactic seemed to be to hoof it out left to McCleary for him to get it across into the penalty area, and we never seemed to deal with it. We were physically bullied and harassed by them as well and several players seemed to fold because of it. 
I don’t care where they are in the table; you have to beat shitty hoofball merchants like these to get out of this league so really pissed off, especially with it being this lot; the absolute definition of a nothing club.

In vokes they have the best target man in this league by a country mile and fozzy hardly won a first header. Korey Smith won't facer a tougher test than McCleary and obita on the left and faced a constant menace from them 2 all game. Win the next 2 home games and this game will be forgotten

They sucked us into their game plan and we let them. That wasn't football it was head tennis for long periods.

Time wasting after they got the first. Ball boys taking 30 seconds to get the ball to the player for the throw in. The player then taking another 30 seconds before taking the throw 10 to 15 yards too far forward. Then we get a throw, nick 2 yards and get pushed back 5.

The ref was consistent in his inconsistency. How Collo got away with his arm into their keeper early doors is a mystery. Foul on Conor not given and, 2 seconds later, one given against Foz for something far less of a foul. A Foz push in the back not given. All of that in the opening minutes. All of that fades into nothing when you look at the dropped ball incident. One of theirs goes down just inside our half. TV didn't show what happened. We attack, they move the ball forward, we get it back. The last 2 touches were by Derby players. He then stops play to allow the player to get treatment. Then came the inevitable dropped ball. What happened next was mind boggling. He instructed Derby players NOT to take part in the dropped ball. That would indicate that, although he should have given it to us, he was intending them to give us the ball. The ball was dropped and they passed the ball to the right winger to initiate an attack. Poor refereeing. I don't think he was biased either way, just poor.

They had one more shot than us, 1 more on target. The game was tight and they edged it. No complaints. The next run starts on Tuesday.

Charlton? Yes, we lost there but, IMO, deserved a draw. Lincoln? Deservedly won the game at theirs but they are not doing well of late and we aren't the team we were at that stage of the season.

was at the game yesterday , disappointed to lose but im sure the lads will correct that at PP this week , thought we stood up to the physical stuff quite well although Vokes is a handful, didnt understand the Roberts substitution , he was doing ok , White must start on Tuesday

Lets all keep the faith, we are heading in the right direction  COYR

I'm not buying all this "I couldn't watch them every week" deflection bull. We conceded 3 very poor goals and it could've been more. Save 2 very well taken finishes we sounded (on RD) second best yesterday. Buckle up kids, it won't be the last time this year!

45 minutes ago, taggy180 said:

In vokes they have the best target man in this league by a country mile and fozzy hardly won a first header. Korey Smith won't facer a tougher test than McCleary and obita on the left and faced a constant menace from them 2 all game. Win the next 2 home games and this game will be forgotten

Fozzy won the majority of his headers. He lost the first 2 then won 75% of them.

Just ventured back onto the site so have not read much about peoples opinions on the game.  Just a few thoughts..

I was surprised at how soulless a place Adams Park was despite it's rural location (probably a lot nicer on a sunny day). The Wycombe fans I met were very friendly and helped me navigate my way back to my car which was parked in the nearby housing estate at the top of a very steep hill.

I enjoyed the red kites soaring above the ground, but what was the police helicopter all about?  Had a good view behind the goal until the stewards decided to have a meeting almost on the pitch for most of the second half - one of them tossed the ball away when we were chasing the game which caused a lot of anger - it was like all of their staff were instructed to time waste!

I was expecting a battle and we got one, They looked the stronger team physically and pressed us very well especially first half.  Mc Goldrick was not given a second on the ball and had little effect until he set up the equaliser.  At this point it was anyone's game with chances at both ends until we conceded disappointingly from a simple corner routine.  Once the third went in, there seemed to be a mass exodus from our end - what happened to fighting until the end? With PV in mind and after a 2.5 hour drive to get there, I was not giving up so easily and we so nearly rescued a point.  It is almost a year ago since we were beaten at Middlesboro, singing similar songs about their chairman - we never seemed to get those satisfying wins against the hated teams!  I am not too down about the loss and we move onto Lincoln, hoping for a good reaction and 3 important points.

It’s another game away from home against a top 6 contender where we haven’t won, we haven’t won these games all season and we have Barnsley Plymouth Posh and Wednesday before the end of the season. These are the games that will determine if we are top 2 or playoffs.

The positive for me is in the league other away matches against top 6 hopefuls we’ve been solid but not looked like scoring. Now we look a threat, we scored two excellent goals yesterday and could/should have scored more. We are a good team defensively and won’t defend like that often between now and the end of the season. That gives me confidence we can go on another run and really push the top 2.

Bring on Lincoln!!!

38 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Just watched the highlights. A marginal loss on that edit looks about right. The keeper bit at the end was handbags. I accept he was being a Bamford, but nothing more than handbags in my view. The two ‘chances’ Collins ‘missed’ in the first half were hardly the sitters made out on here at the time. NML’s cross looked as if it was behind him, and there was no way he was going to power a header in from that floaty Smith cross. He headed it back where it needed to go but we had no runners.

Roll on Tuesday.

[Cunningly moved into the match thread]

I am continually perplexed when I go to a game and then view the highlights. They show bizzarre nothing moments and miss out key Derby attacks in the match. So they haven't actually shown the free header Collins missed in the middle of the goal from about five yards out. Why they showed that other header you mention is just highlights bafflement. 

In the other incident, it was an amazing take by Mendez-Laing after Fozzy's appalling pass to him, and a great cross. Collins did the right thing and went to the near post where the ball indeed went behind him. Dobbin should have peeled off his man and tapped it in further across the goal, but he is bereft of a striker's football instinct and stood still on the edge of the six yard area wondering what to do. Not Collins' fault there.

Roll on Tuesday indeed. Glad we have a match straighaway.

I think yesterday will be a blessing in disguise.

When you go 15 games unbeaten and you’re barely conceding quality chances never mind a goal, you start to feel untouchable and complacency inevitably creeps in.

You can see that in the quality of the goals conceded yesterday. We are usually so dominant that sometimes you can forget how to defend and stay tight as a unit.

So I think this will be good for us in the long run - we stay grounded, we work on ourselves, we remind ourselves of the small margins between winning and losing, and get back to winning ways.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

You didn’t watch it then?

Nope. Watched the "highlights" on RTV and listened to the full 90. I'd be interested in your take on the 3 we conceded? You feel we defended well?  From what I "watched" we got done on the break by one pass from out own corner and Roberts left Vokes on the edge of the D for the first. We switched off for their second and didnt track the run to the near post for the 3rd. What I heard was a niggly match made worse by inconsistent officiating and expected time-wasting shithousery,  in which we had early chances in the first half but never really got going. Sounded like a better second half with two pieces of class from Didzy and Dobbin (with nice build-up interplay from White and Cash for the second) Watched Wycombe at PP earlier in the season and I did write on the prediction thread last week that I thought it might be a defining game. But yeah your right, what do I know.......

Edited by DiggerB

33 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Nope. Watched the "highlights" on RTV and listened to the full 90. I'd be interested in your take on the 3 we conceded? You feel we defended well?  From what I "watched" we got done on the break by one pass from out own corner and Roberts left Vokes on the edge of the D for the first. We switched off for their second and didnt track the run to the near post for the 3rd. What I heard was a niggly match made worse by inconsistent officiating and expected time-wasting shithousery,  in which we had early chances in the first half but never really got going. Sounded like a better second half with two pieces of class from Didzy and Dobbin (with nice build-up interplay from White and Cash for the second) Watched Wycombe at PP earlier in the season and I did write on the prediction thread last week that I thought it might be a defining game. But yeah your right, what do I know.......

Dunno what happened, I was stood behind B4.

Edited by Foreveram

6 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Shame about the loss but we had to lose sometime and sounds like we didn’t play too well today. Always liked Lewis Wing as a player.

Shame it was to the parasites but apparently it’s up there with one of their best ever games, which probably tells you everything you need to know about them.

I stupidly looked at their forum and the delusional and inaccurate comments from their fans, who clearly have no understanding of the timeline of EFL charges against us, is quite frankly astonishing. It goes to show how a narrative can be put forward and believed by those who want to believe. One comment said that our fans on this thread showed no understanding of their grievances against us. They’re right on that point.

Anyway, leave them to one of the best games in their history and we can move on to Lincoln. Need to get another run going now.

Personally, I am enjoying this season. I am glad I have a club to support and that the actions of a t***** of an owner, the EFL and two parasitic clubs, not brave enough to take anything to court because they knew they would lose, failed to take that away from me and the generations to come.

UTR ?

Yep, this is what makes this defeat even more painful. It gives those know nothing, deluded, ambulance chasing berks the high ground.

We’ll just have to put it behind us and push on and gather as many points as possible.