Wednesday fan in peace

Lwebbo

Wednesday fan in peace. Tough times for us both, 2 great clubs who’s fans deserve better than what we are getting at the minute. Hope you guys join us in the top 2 come end of the season. On current form, there’s no doubt about it. Have great memories of the baseball ground. That epic 3-3 fa cup game in 1993 is the best away game I’ve been to. Up the owls & rams ?

Edited by Lwebbo

I'm going to your game away at Ipswich on Saturday as I live in Suffolk and my lad has a football match in the morning on the outskirts of Town. 

I'll certainly be hoping for a Wednesday win to open up the hunt for 2nd place for ourselves. You guys always travel well and think it will be pretty much solsd out. 

Ipswich fans get a bit too big for their boots. One mate of mine said they'd piss the league by 10+ points near the start of the season so boy am I enjoying see them draw so many away games to average sides at the moment.

Having said that I do fear we're probably due a few duff results and bad days at the office at some point.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully you're already promoted come the last day of the season and we can secure 2nd place up at Hillsborough. ? 

5 hours ago, Lwebbo said:

Wednesday fan in peace. Tough times for us both, 2 great clubs who’s fans deserve better than what we are getting at the minute. Hope you guys join us in the top 2 come end of the season. On current form, there’s no doubt about it. Have great memories of the baseball ground. That epic 3-3 fa cup game in 1993 is the best away game I’ve been to. Up the owls & rams ?

We will see, I think 2nd will be difficult for us. I think the 3 teams above us (as the table shows) have been the best teams so far. 
im glad to be in the playoffs given the number of players we had in the summer 

13 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

We will see, I think 2nd will be difficult for us. I think the 3 teams above us (as the table shows) have been the best teams so far. 
im glad to be in the playoffs given the number of players we had in the summer 

Absolutely - we assembled players to make a side but we were nowhere near being a team in those two months at the beginning of the season. Ultimately the silly game at home to Plymouth may well prove decisive where we were two nil up at half time but it was at a time when we were totally unfit due to having no pre season and Plymouth got a deflected goal and we’re allowed an off side second goal by the linesman followed by a dreadful mistake by one of our youngsters in the last minute to hand over the points which clearly now have a bigger relevance.

who’s the best side I have seen in the league who have come to pride park - no one but most of them have very limited defences when attacked property which usually means if you don’t let goals in you should win?‍♂️

hi Lwebbo

Thanks for reaching out.

Notwithstanding the events of the end of the season before last, there's a lot of respect for SW here - we had Barry Bannon here on loan many years ago, Big Dave (Darren M) played for us many years ago before he went into management, Lee Grant played for both teams etc etc.  Plus, unlike our "friends" at Bramall Lane, you were never managed by the Cheating Beaver LOL.

The trajectory of recent results suggests that, if trends continue, it will be you and us 1 and 2.  I think that would be the fairest outcome because (i) both are big clubs playing below their natural level (ii) both only in L1 due to bad management not footballing reasons (iii) yes Ipswich are really up themselves so we would love to finish above them LOL (iv) Plymouth don't have the fanbase/resources to stay in the Champ even if they go up.

See you in the Champ next season we hope!  Oh and yes please turn the Tractor Boys over for us, and in return we'll go easy on you on the last day -  IF we are already up by then! LOL

All the best to you Owls.

LR2

6 hours ago, Lwebbo said:

Don’t know what you’re on about. This is the most fun I’ve had in 20+ years following the Rams!

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Absolutely - we assembled players to make a side but we were nowhere near being a team in those two months at the beginning of the season. Ultimately the silly game at home to Plymouth may well prove decisive where we were two nil up at half time but it was at a time when we were totally unfit due to having no pre season and Plymouth got a deflected goal and we’re allowed an off side second goal by the linesman followed by a dreadful mistake by one of our youngsters in the last minute to hand over the points which clearly now have a bigger relevance.

who’s the best side I have seen in the league who have come to pride park - no one but most of them have very limited defences when attacked property which usually means if you don’t let goals in you should win?‍♂️

I disagree, I thought that Plymouth were much the better team that day. I remember talking to my mates at HT when we were 2 up and we all agreed that we couldn't believe that we were winning, never mind being 2 up. Individually their goals were unfortunate but on the balance play, well deserved. They had twice as many shots on target and 58% possession against our LR possession based team.

16 hours ago, Lwebbo said:

Dont expect to win the league cause derby are we are on fire.

?

You seem like a nice chap, but tbh I cannot stand Wednesday. They are just behind Leeds and Forest for me in terms of teams I most dislike.

I think it's because I was born in Bakewell and was dealing with largely United, Wednesday, Leeds (simply because of the era, early 70s and Man U fans at school). And my brother-in-law was a Wednesday and and he got on my nerves.

I'd like to see us and Plymouth go up, with you losing in the play off final to Ipswich when they get a diabolical penalty in the final seconds.

Sorry, it's not personal ? 

Yes i was at that 3-3, i think your fans were squeezed into the corner of the pop side and we were in the ossie end

Do you remember the epic 1-1 in about 1986 played on a concrete pitch when Martin Hodge went over Bobby Davison and smashed his head on the ice- would never be allowed these days 

Just now, LN747 said:

Yes i was at that 3-3, i think your fans were squeezed into the corner of the pop side and we were in the ossie end

Do you remember the epic 1-1 in about 1986 played on a concrete pitch when Martin Hodge went over Bobby Davison and smashed his head on the ice- would never be allowed these days 

We beat the blades in 4th round i think to set up the 1-1 game

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I disagree, I thought that Plymouth were much the better team that day. I remember talking to my mates at HT when we were 2 up and we all agreed that we couldn't believe that we were winning, never mind being 2 up. Individually their goals were unfortunate but on the balance play, well deserved. They had twice as many shots on target and 58% possession against our LR possession based team.

I was mainly focusing on us being unfit at that period in time with our capitulation of the midfield with only having Bird and Hourihane in there come the second half of games - anyway we are much better in that department now that we have a manager who puts knight in central midfield 

20 hours ago, Lwebbo said:

That epic 3-3 fa cup game in 1993 is the best away game I’ve been to. Up the owls & rams ?

I preferred the 3-3 draw at Pride Park in the Premier League in February 2000, Wednesday's last season in the top tier. Simon Donnelly put Wednesday 3-1 up in the 89th minute. Cue for half of the Derby supporters to head for the exits and miss injury time when Craig Burley and Pavel Srnicek (o.g.) secured a memorable comeback for the Rams.