Derby's Swansong Players

ram59

Watching the likes of Didzy and Co performing for us in the twilight of their careers, has made me think back to other players who came to us in their final years and made valuable contributions.

Dave Mackay in the late 60s

Franny Lee in the mid 70s

John Gregory in the mid 80s

Paul McGrath in the mid 90s

Stefanio Eranio in the late 90s

These are just a few players who honoured us by gracing the Derby shirt towards the end of their careers. no doubt, I've missed a few.

m

5 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Watching the likes of Didzy and Co performing for us in the twilight of their careers, has made me think back to other players who came to us in their final years and made valuable contributions.

Dave Mackay in the late 60s

Franny Lee in the mid 70s

John Gregory in the mid 80s

Paul McGrath in the mid 90s

Stefanio Eranio in the late 90s

These are just a few players who honoured us by gracing the Derby shirt towards the end of their careers. no doubt, I've missed a few.

m

Shilts 

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Frank Stapleton put in a great shift when we took him on loan in 87/88 and helped us stay up.

IIRC, Mickey Thomas did likewise in 85/86 and Sid Cowans in 93/94.

Mick Coop, on the other hand, played like a lame dog and should have been put down to preserve his dignity.

Mick Coop was the worst player I’ve seen play for Derby, that’s saying something when I’ve seen Caskey and Greenwood play for us as probably the worst striking partnership ever to play in top flight football