Derby's Swansong Players

ram59

13 hours ago, jono said:

Oh that was a beautiful goal. X  You remember certain ones, they are all good, but some just stick in the grey matter, that’s one of mine too. 

I won’t forget Knights yesterday either

Vydra cutting in from the right with a low curler against Forest. Chris Martin doing telepathy with Bradley Johnson and scoring a header. Wonder why certain ones remain in the memory ? 

And here it is - Darren's birthday today!

I thought Burley in particular brought in some useful experienced players coming towards the end of their careers, like Paul Peschisolido & Jeff Kenna, Marc Edworthy as well. The last two were well into their thirties. When you sign such players, the cynic in you thinks 'Are we that desperate?', and yet they disprove that cynicism through their & leadership & professionalism.

Agree about Rob Lee & Gordon Cowans.

41 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

I thought Burley in particular brought in some useful experienced players coming towards the end of their careers, like Paul Peschisolido & Jeff Kenna, Marc Edworthy as well. The last two were well into their thirties. When you sign such players, the cynic in you thinks 'Are we that desperate?', and yet they disprove that cynicism through their & leadership & professionalism.

Agree about Rob Lee & Gordon Cowans.

Kenna and Edworthy are great examples. Kenna in particular went from "the new Mick Coop" before Christmas, to the "original and best Mick Coop" after Christmas - a complete switch in form. Unfortunately, he was also indirectly one of the reasons the season went a bit sour in the end.