West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

Just now, Derbados said:

Interesting to hear Joe Cole’s take on that first half. I thought he summarised that really well, also wonder if that’s why Warne struggles at anything above League one level. 

To summarise cole - trying to play champagne football with a league one standard team against a grizzled premier league team, however bad they have been in the league and being picked off and punished.

he summed it up as “naive” 

Warne's style of play certainly isn't champagne football.

Cole said we were taking too long to pick a pass, suggesting West Ham then tackled us and broke forward. There was the heavy touch from Bird early on, but more often than not it was a very very poor pass more than anything else. The one from Hourihane straight to Antonio sticks out in my mind

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

As a battler who wins back possession 8/10

As a goal threat 3/10

I’ve never seen a striker take up such poor positions in the box. He’s behind two defenders every time. Quite why he thinks they will both miss the ball I have no idea. He needs to drop into space and gamble on the drag back. We’ve had some great balls in, especially from NML, but there’s not a Derby player within yards.

Yep.  For a team that supposedly like to get crosses in from wide how many times have we seen Collins get on the end of something this season?  Could count them on one hand I reckon.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Joe Cole absolutely rinsing us at half time

I don't think he was completely wrong though. He was saying we were inviting trouble by losing the ball in midfield when we had players ahead of the ball. And he's right, we did. And I think he's right that it's because we are used to playing teams that are a lot less sharp and well organised. 

For me Davies has looked a shadow of his former self and it's a shame to see him struggle. 

Collins is Collins, he's doing a job in League One but he definitely has his limitations. It's a shame we weren't able to bring in a replacement for Osula - we really could do with a dynamic striker

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Interesting to hear Joe Cole’s take on that first half. I thought he summarised that really well, also wonder if that’s why Warne struggles at anything above League one level. 

To summarise cole - trying to play champagne football with a league one standard team against a grizzled premier league team, however bad they have been in the league and being picked off and punished.

he summed it up as “naive” 

You can't do that if you have a striker who wins no headers and can't hold the ball up! 

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Saying we’re naive - we are giving the ball away too much in midfield. Haven’t got the time against PL opponents and once you’ve lost it you get punished 

He nailed it for the first 10 mins. Must have stopped watching because the next 35 mins weren’t like that

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

All the pundits are implying that we haven't got stuck into West Ham enough and in a straight footballing fight against a higher level opposition we are always going to lose and so this has panned out in the first half.

Would say that's fair comment 

Yup, I think that’s fair 

Antonio is a really good Striker i am afraid. He's kept our central defence busy on his own.

Not to impressed by WH otherwise but we need to get the ball to stick at Collins feet somehow. Bounces to the opposition every time we try to play up on him.

Not over yet!