West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The premier League side did their jobs, and as long as they do that, most of the time they'll get the win against lower league sides. 

Would've hoped to make things less comfortable for west ham but it is what it is.

ref didn't do his job for the penalty.  Would have made em sweat a bit for 25 minutes

Just now, Rammy03 said:

Warne said that we will play the same way yet it hasn't appeared like that. Appreciate it's higher opposition but we haven't got at them in the same way we do in the league. We've almost looked lethargic. Not blaming Warne for the performance, at the end of the day it's the players on the pitch

And that’s what I think has happened. He’s picked the same side (apart from an enforced change) that’s won the last couple, they’ll have surely been given the same instructions as normal, and for whatever reason just haven’t been able to execute as well as we’re used to seeing them. There was another poster saying if we played against higher quality opposition than Port Vale the other night we’d have been punished, I think we’ve seen a bit of that tonight. Not disgraced but not at our usual level, dust down and get ready for the next one. Might be worth mixing the team up a little for the weekend, give Dobbin a start in a mobile front 3 with Barkhuizen and NML if McGoldrick isn’t fit.

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Warne said that we will play the same way yet it hasn't appeared like that. Appreciate it's higher opposition but we haven't got at them in the same way we do in the league. We've almost looked lethargic. Not blaming Warne for the performance, at the end of the day it's the players on the pitch

This. Total lack of intensity. Haven’t approached it like a Cup tie.. v disappointing. Worrying lack of creativity in final third. If Dobbin had a final product he’d be some player (and wouldn’t be at Derby!)

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Collins throws his arms up in the air because he didn’t get a cross.. when two yards offside!

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Collins angry that Dobbin didn’t cross there, but Collins looked offside if he’d got it.

That's part of the reason I can't warm to him. He whinges when he's not doing his own job properly. To be fair he just put in a decent cross. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've been really poor. We've got pace on the ball and skill too. But we've seen almost none of it.

They’re quicker on the ball, quicker off the ball, more technical… pretty much every area of the pitch and every area of the game, they’re superior. It’s quite clearly indicated in the league standing and the budgets of the sides.

We’ve “been poor” because we aren’t used to playing sides of this quality. It’s no different to when we play teams in our league that we’re far superior then. We can’t do the same things against West Ham as we can against Forest Green, it just doesn’t work.

The confidence we could win is obviously based on and our form and that it’s the FA Cup where upsets often happen. We could’ve done better, but West Ham could also have been a lot worse than they have been.

I don’t think this is going to derail our season or knock any confidence out of the side in their promotion hunt. As long as we can still take positives to carry forward, and the Bird knock isn’t anything more than that, then I’m satisfied with tonight.

I wish a few people would get a grip and stop complaining.

We've been comfortably outplayed and threatened very little but, what exactly did you expect? The weekly wage of a couple of their players is probably more than our team cost to put together.

I'm a little disappointed but we've not been destroyed or humiliated. I accept that West Ham could probably have moved up a gear or two if necessary but the two priorities for me were get through it with no major injuries and get thumped.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

They’re quicker on the ball, quicker off the ball, more technical… pretty much every area of the pitch and every area of the game, they’re superior. It’s quite clearly indicated in the league standing and the budgets of the sides.

We’ve “been poor” because we aren’t used to playing sides of this quality. It’s no different to when we play teams in our league that we’re far superior then. We can’t do the same things against West Ham as we can against Forest Green, it just doesn’t work.

The confidence we could win is obviously based on and our form and that it’s the FA Cup where upsets often happen. We could’ve done better, but West Ham could also have been a lot worse than they have been.

I don’t think this is going to derail our season or knock any confidence out of the side in their promotion hunt. As long as we can still take positives to carry forward, and the Bird knock isn’t anything more than that, then I’m satisfied with tonight.

How come we matched Liverpool at Anfield, then?