Port Vale (A) Tues 24th Jan

19 hours ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

If the information provided by SalarySport (https://salarysport.com/about-us/) is correct (nb. it's likely not, but probably provides a fair relative estimate), then we have the second highest wage budget in the league, despite the cap set by the EFL.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 12.44.30.png

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 12.44.45.png

As I've said many times before, those sites more or less make the figures up. They're only guessing at player wages too, and not total club wages.

For example, Sheff Weds nd Ipswich will be closer to £14m, and Plymouth will br way down the list at £6m. Yes, DOWN the list because there will be 6-8 other sides with wage bills higher than theirs.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

As I've said many times before, those sites more or less make the figures up. They're only guessing at player wages too, and not total club wages.

For example, Sheff Weds nd Ipswich will be closer to £14m, and Plymouth will br way down the list at £6m. Yes, DOWN the list because there will be 6-8 other sides with wage bills higher than theirs.

I agree. I doubt also that they have any idea of how much L1 teams are paying for loan players. Plymouth certainly won't be paying £18k a week for Cosgrove. 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They are inaccurate in terms of loan players certainly 

12 hours ago, ram59 said:

It's not really the home team paying the away teams expenses though. All expenses, for both the home and away team, are first taken out of the match receipts, the remaining money is then split 40% for the home team, 40% for the away team and 20% goes into the FA pot to be split amongst all the other clubs.

50/50 split in rounds 1 and 2 according to the Accrington MD. A very interesting insight into the inner workings for sure.

16 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

As another poster has said, the restrictions are a punishment.

For the EFL to turn round and say your punishment doesnt have to be so bad because your turnover is high completely defeats the object of the punishment.

You can debate whether it’s punishment.  The fact someone said on here that’s what it is not proof of anything, far from it !

Posters on here have also pointed out  that the restrictions are in part  intended to stop you benefitting from the creditor write off and to stop you failing again. And that these reasons argue in favour of leniency if you overperform financially 

17 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

50/50 split in rounds 1 and 2 according to the Accrington MD. A very interesting insight into the inner workings for sure.

Also an insight into how dumb some people on twitter really are, this is just the gate receipts that have to be split and doesn’t take into account other money raised through concourse sales, hospitality, sponsorship etc. 168 complimentary tickets is a lot for such a small attendance. I’m sure lots of them could have paid their way.

16 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I'm not being offensive, just reacting honestly to what I see. I don't think you are more of a realist than me, just more depressive. Who said we'd go unbeaten until the end of the season? Your comments don't suggest that you are enjoying the ride as much as I am at the minute.  I criticised when we were drawing games in November and December but we are just winning games now so be positive about that while you can. I never find this forum depressing and I join in with criticism when it is due but at this moment in time I can't see the need for negativity. Okay, you don't boo but you hardly come across as encouraging. And given the recent run of good form, your comments do not present themselves as being those of a realist. I'm not falling out, just being honest.

OK. "Offensive" was perhaps a little over the top, apologies. I guess I was just a bit shocked at the tone of your reply given I generally respect your opinions. But how do you arrive at me not being supportive, not enjoying the ride, glass half empty, and whittling and winging just because I asked if you thought we'd go unbeaten away at Plymouth, Wednesday and Barnsley I we play like we did against PV? A staggering leap IMO.

I don't think I was being particularly negative or critical. I'm also not sure how questioning the performance of one game makes me come across as unrealistic or not encouraging but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Edited by Tamworthram

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

You can debate whether it’s punishment.  The fact someone said on here that’s what it is not proof of anything, far from it !

Posters on here have also pointed out  that the restrictions are in part  intended to stop you benefitting from the creditor write off and to stop you failing again. And that these reasons argue in favour of leniency if you overperform financially 

My understanding of "punishment" is something someone else decides, unilaterally, do to you. 6 of the best, detention, prison, fine etc. We are currently operating under a business plan put together by DCFC and agreed to by the EFL. I see it as insurance against repeating the same mistakes.

42 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

OK. "Offensive" was perhaps a little over the top, apologies. I guess I was just a bit shocked at the tone of your reply given I generally respect your opinions. But how do you arrive at me not being supportive, not enjoying the ride, glass half empty, and whittling and winging just because I asked if you thought we'd go unbeaten away at Plymouth, Wednesday and Barnsley I we play like we did against PV? A staggering leap IMO.

I don't think I was being particularly negative or critical. I'm also not sure how questioning the performance of one game makes me come across as unrealistic or not encouraging but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

I guess our opinions about the performance on Tuesday were poles apart. I don't think we were second best to Vale at any stage of the game, except for a couple of five minutes spells in each half. When they scored, it came after one of those spells but their goal was against the run of play at the time in my opinion. At the moment Derby just never give in and I was always optimistic that we'd at least snatch an equaliser. This team has come from behind many times this season whereas, particularly away from home, since the Lampard season the team rarely got anything from a game where we had fallen behind. In the last 20 minutes, we were all over Vale like a rash and their capitulation came as no surprise. Even Darrell Clark said we had run them off their feet. I came away on a high, akin to the euphoria I felt at the end of the play-off semi at Elland Road.

This is just the third time in 62 years that I have seen Derby on an unbeaten run of this magnitude - Cloughie's and Jim Smith's sides exceeded it so far. On these runs the players get into a mindset where they simply don't fear the opposition at all. They feel they can beat whoever is put in front of them. They won't be fearing going to Plymouth, Sheffield, Barnsley or anywhere else at the moment. I don't think Paul Warne would let them. They won't be fearing any team coming to Pride Park. That doesn't mean, and shouldn't be interpreted as a statement that they will win every game - sooner or later they will of course lose one. But when these runs come around, I and many other supporters, adopt a mindset similar to the players - have no fear. That's where I am now but it won't last forever. I save my negativity for the times it is warranted and there's been too many times recently that has come around. But for now, I am remaining optimistic. But as you say, it's just a matter of opinions and each to their own.

For the Plymouth away game, I was going to watch it on Rams TV because I've done the away return drive to Plymouth too many times in the past. But I couldn't resist it and so this morning I booked us a 5 night stay from Sunday to Friday in Polperro because I just need to go to the game. My wife's over the moon with that and she likes the Rams so it simply just had to be done. I won't be going there worried about Plymouth Argyle, whatever the outcome. I'm going to enjoy it with every confidence in our team. If we can't give them our all in times like this, when can we?

COYR

4 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I guess our opinions about the performance on Tuesday were poles apart. I don't think we were second best to Vale at any stage of the game, except for a couple of five minutes spells in each half. When they scored, it came after one of those spells but their goal was against the run of play at the time in my opinion. At the moment Derby just never give in and I was always optimistic that we'd at least snatch an equaliser. This team has come from behind many times this season whereas, particularly away from home, since the Lampard season the team rarely got anything from a game where we had fallen behind. In the last 20 minutes, we were all over Vale like a rash and their capitulation came as no surprise. Even Darrell Clark said we had run them off their feet. I came away on a high, akin to the euphoria I felt at the end of the play-off semi at Elland Road.

This is just the third time in 62 years that I have seen Derby on an unbeaten run of this magnitude - Cloughie's and Jim Smith's sides exceeded it so far. On these runs the players get into a mindset where they simply don't fear the opposition at all. They feel they can beat whoever is put in front of them. They won't be fearing going to Plymouth, Sheffield, Barnsley or anywhere else at the moment. I don't think Paul Warne would let them. They won't be fearing any team coming to Pride Park. That doesn't mean, and shouldn't be interpreted as a statement that they will win every game - sooner or later they will of course lose one. But when these runs come around, I and many other supporters, adopt a mindset similar to the players - have no fear. That's where I am now but it won't last forever. I save my negativity for the times it is warranted and there's been too many times recently that has come around. But for now, I am remaining optimistic. But as you say, it's just a matter of opinions and each to their own.

For the Plymouth away game, I was going to watch it on Rams TV because I've done the away return drive to Plymouth too many times in the past. But I couldn't resist it and so this morning I booked us a 5 night stay from Sunday to Friday in Polperro because I just need to go to the game. My wife's over the moon with that and she likes the Rams so it simply just had to be done. I won't be going there worried about Plymouth Argyle, whatever the outcome. I'm going to enjoy it with every confidence in our team. If we can't give them our all in times like this, when can we?

COYR

Isn't that game now on Sky?

6 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Isn't that game now on Sky?

I don't know and I don't care. I've got Sky Sports but I want to be there. I just have to be there ?

43 minutes ago, sage said:

Quality interview of Derby players from a young Vale fan 

Is this lad one of the best interviewers ever? His questions are interesting, he speaks well, his facial expressions beg a good answer, and the players obviously rate him.

Sign him up!

Good luck anyway, young fella. Your career is mapped out. Go for it!

1 hour ago, sage said:

Quality interview of Derby players from a young Vale fan 

This is the lad I mentioned earlier this thread when I said Didzy was class with him. Not watched yet but might spot me somewhere to the side.