Port Vale (A) Tues 24th Jan

2 hours ago, Betty Swollocks said:

I`ve done the same. I`ve booked a lodge near Camelford and a few rounds of Golf (Sun-Weds)

Deffo not missing this game.

Buckfastleigh Abbey for me. Derby County is doing wonders for the off-season tourist trade!

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Sweet kid and very good at the interview piece very early in life too. Short odds he finds a career in the game in the not too distant future. Love how respect Didzy, Conor and Funso were too.

Certainly bodes well for the next generation of commentators.

Enthusiastic, intelligent, respectful, well-informed and remarkably unbiased.

8 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I guess our opinions about the performance on Tuesday were poles apart. I don't think we were second best to Vale at any stage of the game, except for a couple of five minutes spells in each half. When they scored, it came after one of those spells but their goal was against the run of play at the time in my opinion. At the moment Derby just never give in and I was always optimistic that we'd at least snatch an equaliser. This team has come from behind many times this season whereas, particularly away from home, since the Lampard season the team rarely got anything from a game where we had fallen behind. In the last 20 minutes, we were all over Vale like a rash and their capitulation came as no surprise. Even Darrell Clark said we had run them off their feet. I came away on a high, akin to the euphoria I felt at the end of the play-off semi at Elland Road.

This is just the third time in 62 years that I have seen Derby on an unbeaten run of this magnitude - Cloughie's and Jim Smith's sides exceeded it so far. On these runs the players get into a mindset where they simply don't fear the opposition at all. They feel they can beat whoever is put in front of them. They won't be fearing going to Plymouth, Sheffield, Barnsley or anywhere else at the moment. I don't think Paul Warne would let them. They won't be fearing any team coming to Pride Park. That doesn't mean, and shouldn't be interpreted as a statement that they will win every game - sooner or later they will of course lose one. But when these runs come around, I and many other supporters, adopt a mindset similar to the players - have no fear. That's where I am now but it won't last forever. I save my negativity for the times it is warranted and there's been too many times recently that has come around. But for now, I am remaining optimistic. But as you say, it's just a matter of opinions and each to their own.

For the Plymouth away game, I was going to watch it on Rams TV because I've done the away return drive to Plymouth too many times in the past. But I couldn't resist it and so this morning I booked us a 5 night stay from Sunday to Friday in Polperro because I just need to go to the game. My wife's over the moon with that and she likes the Rams so it simply just had to be done. I won't be going there worried about Plymouth Argyle, whatever the outcome. I'm going to enjoy it with every confidence in our team. If we can't give them our all in times like this, when can we?

COYR

Excellent post Brailsford. With you all the way ?♥️?

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

Excellent post Brailsford. With you all the way ?♥️?

You didn't have to say it Uttcheter, I took it for granted from you ?

COYR

54 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

Who else remembers the total shock and devastation felt in 1972 when we were beaten 1-2 by Newcastle at the BBG. Some of us may even have shed a manly tear as we saw our hopes of a first League Championship disappearing down the Swanee?

Same feeling when we lost to Stoke 1-2 at the BBG on an absolute bog of a pitch in 1975. Thought we had blown it …….but no 

15 minutes ago, sage said:

Were you at the Forest game instead?

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

Would it be churlish of me to point out that the Forest game was on Wednesday and Vale on Tuesday. I do seem to have hit a nerve with some people when I admitted I wanted Forest to win against Manure Utd.

Let me be clear. I was not at the City Ground on Wednesday and I am a Ram. I am not a closet Forest fan. I am a season ticket holder in the South Stand and I will be there on Monday against West Ham. I have not missed a single match at home in the league this season. Come on you Rams.

Just now, Yoxoram said:

Would it be churlish of me to point out that the Forest game was on Wednesday and Vale on Tuesday. I do seem to have hit a nerve with some people when I admitted I wanted Forest to win against Manure Utd.

Let me be clear. I was not at the City Ground on Wednesday and I am a Ram. I am not a closet Forest fan. I am a season ticket holder in the South Stand and I will be there on Monday against West Ham. I have not missed a single match at home in the league this season. Come on you Rams.

It was just a joke.