Port Vale (A) Tues 24th Jan

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

When Dobbin gets on the coach tonight, he's going to have a really pleasant journey back reading some of the garbage posted on here. Only bright spark in a god awful game of football, but still gets annihilated by his own fans. 

It’s been driving me nuts for weeks/months! Yes, his finishing is poor at times undoubtedly, but he works hard for the team and has attributes that help us. He’s contributed goals and assists in the team and has missed chances too, same as Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing, Collins, McGoldrick, Hourihane etc etc yet he gets unfairly slated by people in my view. 

I said further above the 2nd half was tailor-made for Dobbin and Collins, and even though Dobbin missed some sitters, he's had their right back on toast everytime. 

If this isn't a sign of a team that's gonna go up I don't know what is. We fight, we scrap and most importantly we find a way to win. 

Port Vale are a proper tough team and we had to graft for it, but what a win!

COYR.

???

Re: Dobbin. People have to be realistic (I know - ridiculous). If he were some kind of superstar wonder kid and/or ‘the finished article’ he wouldn’t have been sent to League 1. What he lacks in finishing he more than makes up for in overall contribution.  He’s doing well. He’s developing. Give the kid a break (I know, another ridiculous comment).