Port Vale (A) Tues 24th Jan

2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

A couple of quotes from the P V forum

Cruel way to lose a game where we competed against a side who must have a budget 5 or 6 times ours.

We can't be too harsh, great performance, injury ravaged, v one of the highest budgets in the league who have gelled

Will they never learn?

They’d have a bigger budget if a few more of them turned up. And made a bit more noise 

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

Cruel way to lose a game where we competed against a side who must have a budget 5 or 6 times ours.

We can't be too harsh, great performance, injury ravaged, v one of the highest budgets in the league who have gelled

Will they never learn?

Honestly, on nights like tonight, I just think, who cares? The world is full of small minded people quite happy to invent stories to justify being absolute lemons. Some football fans are no different. The game on balance, was wholly unremarkable. The finish was anything but. I've gone from hopeful, to angry, to resigned, to elated. The fact that PV's horrible fans are getting salty AF just makes it all the sweeter.

57 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Man, we were poor . But these are the games you have to scrape a win from if u want to get promoted . And the Super Rams did it ?

The result is all that matters.

55 minutes ago, Hoppo said:

For 87 minutes that was the worst watch I remember for a long time. But Super Derby do it again. What a run. Come on you super rams.

The signs are good when in an away match we are having 16 shots, 8 of which were on target, and our fans think it was poor!

18 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Will they never learn?

there two scorers supposedly valued more than our whole team (or perhaps squad) should provide a little context on our expectations.

Err...Zero pounds 

20 minutes ago, Yani P said:

The PV forum keeps banging on about our massive player budget..they clearly know nothing about our massive restrictions in place for this season and next.

I saw a list of the top 20 paid players in the division of which 3 were Derby players. How reliable it was I don't know.

But lets not go overboard, our restrictions clearly are not massive. 

Even if our wage cap is £5000 that is a good wage for a League One player.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I saw a list of the top 20 paid players in the division of which 3 were Derby players. How reliable it was I don't know.

But lets not go overboard, our restrictions clearly are not massive. 

Even if our wage cap is £5000 that is a good wage for a League One player.

But when you put it into perspective that Derby probably generates the most revenue in the league by some way, that is pretty reasonable. There is seemingly little to no public information on our restrictions, how do you know whether they are massive or not? 

Edited by Andicis