Spare Harry

Bris Vegas

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Serious question. Would, in your view, the older woman who took Harry’s 17 year old innocence behind the pub, be in any sort of difficulty from a legal perspective, given the propensity to prosecute sex offences many years after the event? 

Good question. There’s no black and white between 16-18 until it’s all investigated. In that situation, he’s just as likely to have taken advantage of his position as she was to take advantage of her age.

Although bits can obviously be the victim of sexual abuse, it’s far more likely for a horny 17 year old boy to be up for it with an older lady, than for a 17 year old girl.

Put it this way, if I knew of a 17 year old girl flying off to a private island paid for by a group of old men, I’d be making a safeguarding referral. 17 year old boy being dragged round the back of the pub? Well, depends how much he’s being dragged.

8 hours ago, David said:

I mean I get it, but I don't at the same time.

It's a bit like that Love Island on ITV, social media becomes obsessed by it and I just can't wrap my head around why.

The only thing I can really put it down to is we as a nation love watching drama unfold, be it a football club rivalry, peeping out the curtains watching the neighbours scrap on the street or celebrities going at it on social media and TV.

I'm just not arsed by it, especially the he said this, she said that Royal Family drama, it's kinda pathetic, like watching my sister and her fella argue on Facebook knowing full well they are sat in the same room together.

With all these YouTuber boxing matches, get the pair of them in the ring, fight till one gets knocked out and be done with it.

Isn’t that what William tried to do? At the moment all the he said she said stuff is coming from one side. All we’ve had from the other side is “ recollections May vary” . Personally , irrespective of views on the monarchy etc I just prefer that approach. Washing dirty linen  in public is like you say a bit Jeremy Kyle. 

If ever I know someone whose mother died at the hands of a drunk driver when he was 12, who fought in multiple tours in Afghanistan in mortal combat, who had a wife who nearly committed suicide because of gossiping and who saw those that he knew publicly turn against him based (in part) on the colour of his wife's skin (or, at the least, where she came from) I hope I'd be a bit kinder than many have been. Even if they are being a bit / lot of a tool.

Edited by BaaLocks

10 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Well, I hear Harry is pretty bitter about the toxic British press, which I understand and agree with. 

He's angry about the press coverage of Orgreave? Er, no. 

Phone hacking scandal? No, not that either. 

Hillsborough? No, that's not it. 

Being nasty about his wife and dead mum? That's it, yes. 

Given that the press coverage of Orgreave was before he was even born I'd be surprised to see him bitter about that. 

He is literally suing the News Group regarding phone hacking and the like. 

Hillsborough not sure why you would assume he's not angry about that.

Your last sentence is about as classless as it gets I'm afraid, of you think his grievance is the press being nasty about his dead mum, you know the one that died whilst being chased by the paparazzi. 

11 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s professional abuse, which in itself is part of the category of organisational abuse, which is outlined As one of 10 forms of abuse in the care act. 

However, that’s talking specifically about people at risk. So is she in some way vulnerable, and unable to protect herself?

I teach safeguarding, main in terms of kids and older people, so this would be an interesting debate. 

In the case of Andrew, a 17 year old is still a child, so there should be a decision made in court as to her capacity to consent. Although 16 is the legal age to be able to consent, it doesn’t mean you still can’t be coerced to consent, and as you’re still technically a child, it means you’re still more vulnerable to coercion. 

Also, she’s technically a child, so, either way, any grown man shagging a child, needs to take a good look in the mirror. Shagging a child isn’t on, no matter what the technicalities might be. 

So what about the woman who shagged Harry in a pub car park? Is that abuse? Possibly illegal anyway in a public place. What if the bloke is 18 and the girl 17? Is that abuse or rape even? How is the guy supposed to know the girls age anyway. 

sounds like a minefield to me. 

9 hours ago, David said:

I mean I get it, but I don't at the same time.

It's a bit like that Love Island on ITV, social media becomes obsessed by it and I just can't wrap my head around why.

The only thing I can really put it down to is we as a nation love watching drama unfold, be it a football club rivalry, peeping out the curtains watching the neighbours scrap on the street or celebrities going at it on social media and TV.

I'm just not arsed by it, especially the he said this, she said that Royal Family drama, it's kinda pathetic, like watching my sister and her fella argue on Facebook knowing full well they are sat in the same room together.

With all these YouTuber boxing matches, get the pair of them in the ring, fight till one gets knocked out and be done with it.

Yeah kind of. I can easily ignore Love Island and Z List celebrities, as they are just random no-marks

This is much more enjoyable as it's the most famous people in the country ripping their own institution apart. I don't like any of them so I don't have to pick a side.

It's like Forest playing Leeds on the last day of the season, both needing a win to stay up - but other results go against them and they both get relegated anyway 

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

If ever I know someone whose mother died at the hands of a drunk driver when he was 12, who fought in multiple tours in Afghanistan in mortal combat, who had a wife who nearly committed suicide because of gossiping and who saw those that he knew publicly turn against him based (in part) on the colour of his wife's skin (or, at the least, where she came from) I hope I'd be a bit kinder than many have been. Even if they are being a bit / lot of a tool.

Lol. He's getting his own (pay)back though isn't he. Joining in even, some might say! 

image.png.6f7c9e9cded065ea59daa2e6e4fb7508.png

Edited by RoyMac5

41 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So what about the woman who shagged Harry in a pub car park? Is that abuse? Possibly illegal anyway in a public place. What if the bloke is 18 and the girl 17? Is that abuse or rape even? How is the guy supposed to know the girls age anyway. 

It is. No doubt. That’s why it always needs to be fully investigated, taking into account all the circumstances. There are very few black and whites (professional abuse would be fairly clear cut). But any adult shagging a 17 year old is a red flag that will instigate an investigation. 

51 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

No mate.  It was defo just a car park.  Stop making stuff up!  ?

11 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Are you kidding? People in this country are still obsessed with the Royal family, and as we witnessed last year, woe betide anyone who says a bad thing about them. Until it's one of the Royals saying bad things about them. At which point I get the popcorn and settle in for the fireworks

If you ask me - the Royals all seem to be pretty abominable human beings, and the spectacle of them ripping each other apart is oddly satisfying. Not least because the tabloids are all in meltdown over it too. Sod the lot of them. Wait till King Charles rolls out his brand new gold coronation carriage in the middle of a cost of living crisis. Some of us might not have the strength left to doff our caps

So according to our own government, a whopping 250k people queued up to see the queen's coffin. About the same number who go to a Premier League matches on a weekend. You'd have thought 30 million people went from the neverending coverage it recieved.

There is a largish minority of people who buy those dire tabloids that are basically royal gossip rags. Scum "journalists" make money by producing clickbait rubbish, or repeating stories fed by Royal PR firms. These same people probably loved Diana, cried when she died, hated the Queen for how she was treated, then loved the queen again and hated Charles, now love the King etc.

A pretty weird, inbred aristocrat family that should just be ignored and hopefully they'll go away. Royal blood my arse! It doesn't mean anything! We are all related to old kings.

25 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

So according to our own government, a whopping 250k people queued up to see the queen's coffin. About the same number who go to a Premier League matches on a weekend. You'd have thought 30 million people went from the neverending coverage it recieved.

There is a largish minority of people who buy those dire tabloids that are basically royal gossip rags. Scum "journalists" make money by producing clickbait rubbish, or repeating stories fed by Royal PR firms. These same people probably loved Diana, cried when she died, hated the Queen for how she was treated, then loved the queen again and hated Charles, now love the King etc.

A pretty weird, inbred aristocrat family that should just be ignored and hopefully they'll go away. Royal blood my arse! It doesn't mean anything! We are all related to old kings.

Or old queens ?

There's so many profound and enlightening books out there to read... books to make you laugh, cry or maybe even change your life. More books than you could wish to read in a lifetime.

Judging by the description of his frolic with the horsey woman, I sincerely doubt this is one of them. The only award this memoir might win is 'The Bad Sex in Literature' prize. I don't know if that only applies to fiction - but some would argue he's eligible.

I don't know who in their right mind would find reading this worthwhile. The wife is thinking of ordering a copy though.?