Spare Harry

Bris Vegas

8 hours ago, Skin em Ted said:

There's so many profound and enlightening books out there to read... books to make you laugh, cry or maybe even change your life. More books than you could wish to read in a lifetime.

Judging by the description of his frolic with the horsey woman, I sincerely doubt this is one of them. The only award this memoir might win is 'The Bad Sex in Literature' prize. I don't know if that only applies to fiction - but some would argue he's eligible.

I don't know who in their right mind would find reading this worthwhile. The wife is thinking of ordering a copy though.?

Thank you! I work for the publisher, trying to bring out profound and enlightening books for the betterment of Humanity. At our catch up with sales and PR today they were kind of all busy talking about Spare instead, and that's the reality of publishing. I couldn't believe it when I checked the sales figures yesterday - most books sell far fewer copies than people would think, so something already on about half a million is very special. And at least your wife's potential purchase will subsidize those profound and enlightening books for more discerning readers ?

4 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Ah so just another reincarnation of that nonsense word “snowflakes” 

I've yet to hear anyone give a definition of woke that passes any sort of scrutiny. It is, as you say, just a broad brush slating with no foundation or structure behind it. Which is why I now judge anything said that includes it's use as utter gibberish - on that level alone it is a very useful word.

3 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

I've yet to hear anyone give a definition of woke that passes any sort of scrutiny. It is, as you say, just a broad brush slating with no foundation or structure behind it. Which is why I now judge anything said that includes it's use as utter gibberish - on that level alone it is a very useful word.

It's simple

You put your left views in, they make you take your left views out
In, out, in out
You shake it all about
You do the wokey-cokey
Turn the boats around
That's what it's all about

Woah! The wokey-cokey
WOAH! The wokey-cokey
Knee's bent 
image.png.42a63c403409e6a4be6b1195bbc108ba.png

Arms stretched
image.thumb.png.7e5a05fbc104379128e2ff28544cd55c.png

blah blah blah

11 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

It's simple

In, out, in out
You shake it all about
You do the wokey-cokey
Turn the boats around

Woah! The wokey-cokey
WOAH! The wokey-cokey
Knee's bent 

Arms stretched

blah blah blah

That was clearly too amusing and clever to be your own work.

On 10/01/2023 at 22:52, Stive Pesley said:

It's simple

In, out, in out
You shake it all about
You do the wokey-cokey
Turn the boats around

Woah! The wokey-cokey
WOAH! The wokey-cokey
Knee's bent 

Arms stretched

blah blah blah

Think it’s safe to say with this song Billy Bragg has nothing to worry about. ?

Very funny though made me laugh, you could have the potential to be a Marxist comedian on National television trying to convince your fellow comrades that you have not sold out. ?

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Got to be honest , a bit like some of the just stop protesters I’m beginning to feel he may have concerning mental health issues 

A fair shout - the guy was born into the most famous family in the world, saw his mother near-enough murdered when he was a child, and has clearly struggled to come to terms with that (no surprise), Subsequently been heavily manipulated by his family into maintaining the public image of the royals, and when he's tried to kick against that - been ex-communicated. 

When you put it like that, I kind of feel bad for finding it so entertaining

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

A fair shout - the guy was born into the most famous family in the world, saw his mother near-enough murdered when he was a child, and has clearly struggled to come to terms with that (no surprise), Subsequently been heavily manipulated by his family into maintaining the public image of the royals, and when he's tried to kick against that - been ex-communicated. 

When you put it like that, I kind of feel bad for finding it so entertaining

Well kind of ,, there’s a big slice of privileged, pampered self importance mixed in too and he has to take some responsibility, sadly it seems he has nobody around him to give him good advice and perhaps pull him up on his part too,,

im no lover of the royal family/ royal family concept and they are probably just as much to blame but as I say it’s just got that vibe of not ending well as he appears unable to mentally and emotionally move on and build a life when he has all the building blocks in place

publishing his taliban kill number is just beyond stupid , how the hell did nobody pull him aside and tell him ??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

7 hours ago, Archied said:

publishing his taliban kill number is just beyond stupid , how the hell did nobody pull him aside and tell him ??‍♂️

On the rest is politics, they were saying this story came out about 10 years ago and the newspapers who are crucifying him now were calling him a war hero then. Don't remember loads of soldiers being lined up then to say how wrong this was.

Harry could also be screwed up because his dad was besties with the most notorious child abuser the UK has ever seen and his uncle was besties with the most notorious child abuser the US have ever seen.

His uncle also dated the woman who procured girls for the US abuser, whilst his dad had a 2nd father figure who pretty clearly seems to have been a child abuser too. If only the government would stop paying a fortnue to keep his papers hidden!

Just a normal family.

4 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

On the rest is politics, they were saying this story came out about 10 years ago and the newspapers who are crucifying him now were calling him a war hero then. Don't remember loads of soldiers being lined up then to say how wrong this was.

Harry could also be screwed up because his dad was besties with the most notorious child abuser the UK has ever seen and his uncle was besties with the most notorious child abuser the US have ever seen.

His uncle also dated the woman who procured girls for the US abuser, whilst his dad had a 2nd father figure who pretty clearly seems to have been a child abuser too. If only the government would stop paying a fortnue to keep his papers hidden!

Just a normal family.

Your obviously like myself , not a great lover of the royal family then ?

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

So true.
I remember when they partied on the cobbles after voting Victoria in, I thought "This ain't gonna end well".

Well, they ain't laughing now, are they!*

*for very good reason.  

Don't buy the tabloids that continually cover them.

Don't show them any more respect than you would do for anyone else.

Vote for parties who would strip most of their unearned wealth.

Don't queue up for hours to walk past a coffin so you can tell other people you did it.

Don't go to the weddings/funerals of this weird, aristocratic family.

Ignore them, then hopefully they will go away.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Don't queue up for hours to walk past a coffin so you can tell other people you did it.

Oh yeah... That as well.  ?

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Don’t support offshore wind farms