Spare Harry

Bris Vegas

Not a royalist or concerned with whatever squabbles they have between then selves. But anyone, be they royal or commoner, that loses their savings due to the incompetence, greed of those in charge of a bank. Have my sympathy and shouldn't be ridiculed for their lose.

4 hours ago, cstand said:

Seen reports on Twitter that Harry had lots of money stashed in the Californian SVB bank which has collapsed.

He could have lost millions so all the book profits could be lost.

I look forward to his 10 part Netflix series and book whinging about it. 

Glad he's got his 450k a year trust fund to help out from taxpayers money his mum stashed away and that 8 million quid (next payment) in 18 months from the trust fund the Queen set up for him.  ( he gets most of that trust to compensate him for being a spare by the way, not sure he's mentioned that).   Somehow, I hope he gets through for a few months. Will be tough.

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I look forward to his 10 part Netflix series and book whinging about it. 

Glad he's got his 450k a year trust fund to help out from taxpayers money his mum stashed away and that 8 million quid (next payment) in 18 months from the trust fund the Queen set up for him.  ( he gets most of that trust to compensate him for being a spare by the way, not sure he's mentioned that).   Somehow, I hope he gets through for a few months. Will be tough.

Maybe some of his 16 bathrooms will have to go without sustainable bog roll for a bit ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not too fussed about Harry to be brutally honest, as he'll always have cash in reserve, but the fall-out from this could be wider than the sniggering from some quarters suggests. Would it be amusing to see chunks of folk's pensions getting wiped out? Lest we forget, the little guy always ends up footing the bill...

Sad to say only state pension for me as I was nearly 40 before I escaped the drink , drugs and lunacy and started to keep the money I earned and a pension was last thing on the list after getting a quality of life and a few bob to set the kids up so it’s work till I drop for me ,

hey ho , it keeps me fit , I have a good laugh and get to spend most days with my lad

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Sad to say only state pension for me as I was nearly 40 before I escaped the drink , drugs and lunacy and started to keep the money I earned and a pension was last thing on the list after getting a quality of life and a few bob to set the kids up so it’s work till I drop for me ,

hey ho , it keeps me fit , I have a good laugh and get to spend most days with my lad

It'll be work til they drop for most now buddy. The cost of property, the endless recessions, uncheckable inflation and the general cost of living, not to mention uni loans and the like for the young 'uns. We're all just worker ants in the grand scheme of things these days and it'll just keep getting harder, I'm afraid.

That said, I'm fortunate in that I need only work about 6 to 8 months a year doing contract work these days. I've got a bit in pensions and a fair bit in other bits and bobs, but the one I went for was property. I still love a drink and a bit of the other and that'll never change. I blame my mad mum for those genes as the old man has always been a tee-totaller, whereas mum was a proper party animal! I'll grow old disgracefully, or I'll not grow old at all ?