Cambridge United (H) Fri 30th Dec

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Well thats my Forest game - can go in to the office on Tuesday looking smug. 

Thought defence, NML, Knight and Dobbin played well. Hourihane - think he needs dropping for Knight to start - and Collins what can I say? The difference to his performance away at Cambridge startling - never in right position, slow,  poor heading and terrible first touch. What's happened from PWs first few games?

Really chuffed for Dobbin - he's a young lad who wouldn't be anywhere near us if finished article. Played well today. Lovely to see PW walking off with his arm around him chatting

Agree with all of that. Jimmy Collins' form is a worry. He works his socks off but he does appear horribly out of form right now. 

Just back. They came for a point and didn’t start playing till we scored. Did really well to keep getting behind them and could have been two or three up at half time. Our defensive work is excellent with the whole team helping out providing blocks and clearing headers. A lot of people want Sibley up the pitch but I thought he was very good again preventing crosses, reading the game and covering across the back. Hourihane and Bird get criticism but they are a key part of this defensive robustness for me the days of panic at the back seem a long time ago.  So pleased to see Dobbin score just reward for some excellent work. If we click up front on Monday I can see a real mauling being handed out UTR.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Really pleased for Dobbin. Could tell what it meant for him.

Yes. Hope it boosts his confidence.

Not man of the match for me though. I really don’t get this automatically awarding MOM to the goal scorer. I know he scored the only goal that won the match but to award it just for scoring sort of undermines the equally important contribution of other players. Cashin was my man of the match.

Enjoyed the game , happy for Dobbin and it was good to see Sibley get the chance to take some quality free- kicks. South stand had a little go at Rams fans with their phones out singing “The lights are on but you still don’t sing”. Would be nice to get the whole ground singing “Come on you Rams”.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes. Hope it boosts his confidence.

Not man of the match for me though. I really don’t get this automatically awarding MOM to the goal scorer. I know he scored the only goal that won the match but to award it just for scoring sort of undermines the equally important contribution of other players. Cashin was my man of the match.

Yes - the back four were virtually flawless.

Whatever they have been feeding fozzie needs to be marketed.  We'd make a fortune.

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Enjoyed the game , happy for Dobbin and it was good to see Sibley get the chance to take some quality free- kicks. South stand had a little go at Rams fans with their phones out singing “The lights are on but you still don’t sing”. Would be nice to get the whole ground singing “Come on you Rams”.

I enjoyed the result but not necessarily the game.

Regarding the fans and the whole ground singing, well that very rarely, if ever, happens at any ground in the country (IMO). Apart from the occasional burst (which does happen at PP from time to time), there will always be just one, or maybe a couple, of singing areas. It’s just the way it is.

Deserved win, though not at our best by some distance. 

Another crap referee who reffed each team differently. I was amazed he didn't rule out Dobbin's goal for "jumping unfairly high", the p****. 

Very sluggish and disjointed performance at times, but that was a promotion challenger's result. Kudos AGAIN to the defence, even if they had a few dodgy self induced moments. 

I agree entirely about their beardy LB - looks capable of playing at a higher level. 

Onward and, very definitely, upwards. COYR