That’s it derby we are now in the play offs

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well i am so proud of the lads once more we just put me dons to the sword and we are now in the top 6 and now we need try do the same on pompy we need to get this game sold out as well. 

Lets win the Torquay game first, the FA cup can make us some money especially that they are showing the replay live on tv. The Newport game is also live, for the winners that also get a cut of the tv money.

I’m with @Unlucky Alf on this one. It might seem a little petty but can we change the title of this thread to just “Derby are now in the play off positions”. We’re not yet in the play offs and “that’s it” seems to imply job done. 

Let’s not be like our Red friends and suggest the season is over this early in the season.

Well at the moment we are confident and lads know now we can win back to back games now.

I'm confused.  (It's nothing new!)

I guess technically you are right, as the players do now know that we can win two games on the run.
But then they have known that since we won at Cambridge on 1st Oct (Mr Warne's first game)... although we have yet to repeat such a feat since, so not sure of the relevance of your comment?  ?‍♂️

Well at the moment we are confident and lads know now we can win back to back games now.

We haven't won back to back games in November yet, so I think we need to be a bit cautious about assuming too much. 

There's allot to be pleased about though. 

Edited by Crewton

On 12/11/2022 at 17:39, B4ev6is said:

Well i am so proud of the lads once more we just put me dons to the sword and we are now in the top 6 and now we need try do the same on pompy we need to get this game sold out as well. 

Today playoffs, tomorrow top two, by April top place… ?. Aim high 

As others have said, we desperately need to put a run together of wins. Those who go up win 4, 5, 6, games on the spin. Look at Plymouth, currently sitting in top spot. They had 2 wins from 4 games to start the season, got knocked out of the league cup first round, then won four in row (one against us), then drew (lost a 2-1 lead to 90+4 equaliser), then had another five wins in a row, drew again, then two won in a row. Sure they've been knocked out first in the FA cup and league cup but who gives a monkey?!?! They're 4 points clear at the top of the table, scoring for fun and winning most games they play. 

All teams have spells of bad form, they'll have one sometime in the season, we're 14 points off them currently, that's 5-7 games to flip their results, we win and they draw/lose. Can we flip 5-7 results on them over 29 games? That's only really 1 in 6 games between now and the end of the season. There's still plenty of games to do it, we just need to be ruthless to get the wins and the goal difference - currently 10 goals off the top three. The likes of Fleetwood, Morecambe, Shrewsbury and Exeter all need to be putting to the sword. If we'd beaten them we'd have another 8 points, +4 goals differential minimum. Cut out the silly errors like the Bristol Rovers and MK Dons goals and it'll go a long way.

We're not far off, but there's still an awful lot of work to do.

5 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

As others have said, we desperately need to put a run together of wins. Those who go up win 4, 5, 6, games on the spin.

The biggest example that sticks with me is the year that Villa, weren't playing fantastically well all season. Massively underperforming.

Got DS in, won a few games on the bounce and went up the same year. It is about repeating good performances and being consistent. No matter what league, it works in all of them. 

30 minutes ago, Bob Gnarly said:

The biggest example that sticks with me is the year that Villa, weren't playing fantastically well all season. Massively underperforming.

Got DS in, won a few games on the bounce and went up the same year. It is about repeating good performances and being consistent. No matter what league, it works in all of them. 

The old adage of turning defeats into draws and draws into wins. With the likes of Exeter, Morecambe, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood - we did the "if you can't win, don't lose" but now we need them turning into wins. A few quality additions and the injured crop back in the squad, it'll look on paper very good.

2 hours ago, Bob Gnarly said:

10 wins on the trot coming into the playoffs, about 14th in the March.  Very lucky against West Brom in the semi final mind.  Shame we didn't set up to actually try and beat them in the final after that and shame our goalie couldn't collect a ball over a bloke who was 5ft.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

10 wins on the trot coming into the playoffs, about 14th in the March.  Very lucky against West Brom in the semi final mind.  Shame we didn't set up to actually try and beat them in the final after that and shame our goalie couldn't collect a ball over a bloke who was 5ft.

Their 4-0 win against us started the run. They’d been in dire form, sadly it was Grealish’s first game back from injury and they were 4-0 up by half time.

13 hours ago, Bob Gnarly said:

Their season turned when Grealish came back from injury.