Tactics. Warne vs Rosenior

Curtains

Tactics and effort  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Isn’t that obvious.  Clowes sacks Rosenior 

Exactly. So how Rosenior set us up is pretty irrelevant now. Clowes didn’t want him so we move on. 

If fans continue to voice their displeasure, results don’t turn around, Warne is shown the door, I think you can pretty much guarantee Rosenior will not be returning.

He’s gone, it’s done. 

Style of football poll in general without naming managers, something totally different, but at the end of the day we all know results trump style for a large percentage. 

We beat Port Vale, Ipswich and Exeter, the talk today would be which players should we be signing ready for the Championship, not how boring this style of football is. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Exactly. So how Rosenior set us up is pretty irrelevant now. Clowes didn’t want him so we move on. 

If fans continue to voice their displeasure, results don’t turn around, Warne is shown the door, I think you can pretty much guarantee Rosenior will not be returning.

He’s gone, it’s done. 

Style of football poll in general without naming managers, something totally different, but at the end of the day we all know results trump style for a large percentage. 

We beat Port Vale, Ipswich and Exeter, the talk today would be which players should we be signing ready for the Championship, not how boring this style of football is. 

Whilst it's a silly poll, this isn't all about the attractiveness of the varying styles, it's about the effectiveness with this squad. 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Whilst it's a silly poll, this isn't all about the attractiveness of the varying styles, it's about the effectiveness with this squad. 

Is it? Who knows, with a vague opening post not really explaining what we’re meant to be voting on here, you could take it either way. 

Bit daft really. One manager has been promoted 3 times i believe with a average rotherham side. When the lads finally stop resorting to cocu ball i think the results will come flooding in. Passing it round our own half for 90 minutes was absolutely awful to watch.

I think we'll be fine after the window even if its too late. i suspected we wouldnt get out in first season anyway.

Rosenior didn't really play out from the back. We played it across the back a few times, looked panicked then went long and often straight out of play, the worst of that being at Lincoln

I think now Rosenior has gone people are remembering his football more fondly than they should. It was ok for Oxford, Charlton and the first 45 v Barnsley, after that it started to decline and never recovered. The only exception to that that I can think of was West Brom at home in the cup, that was a good performance.

From what I can tell so far Warne wants us to try and get it into the wide CB then down the flanks quickly to the wing backs or up into the striker.

Ultimately, both weren't or haven't been good enough. Only Warne has chance to change that now

I will add, the officials have been nothing short of shocking and haven't helped either of them

34 minutes ago, David said:

He’s gone, it’s done. 

But we didn’t lol. We were appalling 

The problem for Rosenoir was to be effective they had to do it really well and really quickly. As with Cocu before, it's not that they were doing bad or wrong things, it's just they did them so slowly that the other team could close down the passing options leaving only the sideways and back options.

It's like seeing a band playing in a pub trying to do complex Avant Garde jazz and being way to slow and clumsy to make it worth listening to and thinking it'd be better if just got a decent covers band on.

Next time you're there it's band doing absolute hack versions of AC/DC songs and you think "Christ, this is worse than that jazz band the other week"

32 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Option C : the best of both.

Press. Get the ball forward quickly. Play to feet.

I think that's what Warne wants isn't it?

Always got the feeling with Rosenior, and Cocu especially,  that it was retain possession at all costs and this stopped the players from taking risks with passing thru the lines, hence recycling yo GK even from throws and free kicks 10 yrds in opposition half.

Personally I find that mind numbing and frustrating as hell, we talk about Mac 1 as best times, iirc we swept forwards quickly with purpose, but you need the right players to do that, it will take time

Warne was supposed to be the clean slate from the last few years of hardship, however its looking like some people won't be happy until he's gone so the next comparisons will be Warne v the new guy and therefore the new guy will get all the goodwill in the world. 

As David says Rosenior is gone and to be honest, other than him being a nice guy I really don't see what the fuss about him is for. I mean it wasn't like we were swatting teams left, right and centre. In fact to his credit he make playing at home easy, a skill i did underestimate when i suggested we should replace him. But other than that i'm struggling. 

At the moment it seems like a good portion of the fanbase have already made their mind up and like a rotten apple this will only spread with every match we don't win.

Really hope Warne can turn it around because if he does go, god knows who we'll bring in as most of the 'good' football playing managers have been snapped up.

18 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Option C : the best of both.

Press. Get the ball forward quickly. Play to feet.

Yep, the question / challenge is how you go about getting from A or B to C.

It has to be A to C or B to C though, going A to B, or B to A, will never get you to C!

If A suits the players you've got / the ones you've been able to bring in under restrictions, play with A, but keep an eye on C and recruit (once allowed more free reign) players with the attributes to get you there.

CBA with this all this ABC? I don't blame you.