January Window

1of4

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys I saw on twitter take with pinch of salt but I saw Hayden Roberts will become free agent in the summer as his contract runs out on the summer.

So maybe we might be able to keep him permeantly.

He is out of contract, that is true.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Desperate times if we're taking the opinion of Cardiff fans as gospel....and thankfully, you're not in charge of transfer policy at the club...

Our transfer policy might be different if we didn't have restrictions in the policy

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys I saw on twitter take with pinch of salt but I saw Hayden Roberts will become free agent in the summer as his contract runs out on the summer.

So maybe we might be able to keep him permeantly.

Like with a lot of players coming in or out, it'll totally depend on what league we are in next season. 

If Roberts is out of contract, then I'd expect Brighton to have a option on him. If not, due to his age and potential they'll almost certainly offer him a new contract even if it's just to demand compensation for him. This would then obviously cancel us out.

20 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Like with a lot of players coming in or out, it'll totally depend on what league we are in next season. 

If Roberts is out of contract, then I'd expect Brighton to have a option on him. If not, due to his age and potential they'll almost certainly offer him a new contract even if it's just to demand compensation for him. This would then obviously cancel us out.

Well all depand if some get lifted or not.

"I would have liked another attacking player across the frontline and that wasn’t to be.” Warne explained to DerbyshireLive when discussing the Rams’ January business."

What a great manager, sees the obvious gaps and admits it was his desire to strengthen in that area.

He admits he couldn't find anyone to sign for that position. Of course he's prevented by not bring able to pay a transfer fee.

Looking towards the summer leavers due to contracts ending.

Jason knight (thankfully theres an option to extend his contract by one year), David McGoldrick, James Chester, Craig Forsyth, Richard Stearman, Curtis Davies and Scott Loach.

Mcgoldrick, forward has nine goals and two assists in 21 appearances, which makes him a useful asset to have in the squad, but it remains to be seen given his age, where his future lies beyond this campaign.

Loan players Harvey White, Haydon Roberts, Lewis Dobbin, Luke McGee and Tony Springett all signed on a temporary basis until the end of this season. With no option to buy clauses on the loan players in any of these agreements, it is likely they will all depart Pride Park again this summer.

6 hours ago, Oldben said:

"I would have liked another attacking player across the frontline and that wasn’t to be.” Warne explained to DerbyshireLive when discussing the Rams’ January business."

What a great manager, sees the obvious gaps and admits it was his desire to strengthen in that area.

He admits he couldn't find anyone to sign for that position. Of course he's prevented by not bring able to pay a transfer fee.

Jason knight (thankfully theres an option to extend his contract by one year), David McGoldrick, James Chester, Craig Forsyth, Richard Stearman, Curtis Davies and Scott Loach.

Mcgoldrick, forward has nine goals and two assists in 21 appearances, which makes him a useful asset to have in the squad, but it remains to be seen given his age, where his future lies beyond this campaign.

Loan players Harvey White, Haydon Roberts, Lewis Dobbin, Luke McGee and Tony Springett all signed on a temporary basis until the end of this season. With no option to buy clauses on the loan players in any of these agreements, it is likely they will all depart Pride Park again this summer.

Not nessley mate it could be some contracts due to end in the summer you never might be able to keep some of them.

6 hours ago, Oldben said:

It's okay to have a night off from worrying about the lack of a striker. We won 5-0 today. 

7 hours ago, Oldben said:

15 goals and 2 assists in 28 games for McGoldrick in all competitions now. It's already his joint 3rd best season in front of goal, just 2 goals off his career best. We still have at least 18 games to play this season. McGoldrick will be with us next season. 

McGee and Roberts are out of contract in the summer, which strong suggestions of them staying with us.

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

15 goals and 2 assists in 28 games for McGoldrick in all competitions now. It's already his joint 3rd best season in front of goal, just 2 goals off his career best. We still have at least 18 games to play this season. McGoldrick will be with us next season. 

McGee and Roberts are out of contract in the summer, which strong suggestions of them staying with us.

But but Oldben says he is finished and we need Cosgrove instead ?

14 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

No idea if it's relevant or not but... in a recent interview, Roberts said he didn't feel like a loanee, he feels like a Derby player.

I'd be more than happy to see him here next season.

Plus contract ends in the summer I think just under 21 but depands if rules it out for brighton on that front if that is the case he is a free agent.

51 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Plus contract ends in the summer I think just under 21 but depands if rules it out for brighton on that front if that is the case he is a free agent.

They would be entitled to a youth development fee - I assume that may make it difficult for us 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They would be entitled to a youth development fee - I assume that may make it difficult for us 

Unless we can do some kind of deal with them. Or unless stupid efl resitions are removed maybe we can spend smallies fees.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Unless we can do some kind of deal with them. Or unless stupid efl resitions are removed maybe we can spend smallies fees.

We can’t change the rules that we agreed but there might be a way of delaying the fee owed - who knows