January Window

1of4

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Could not fault his work ethic and passion for club while here and really liked him but even in League 1 wouldnt he need to be able to score an open goal? he would be solid and we know what we're getting but are there others out there who would be so much better than we expect on signing like many of the summer signings turned out to be? I have no idea who, if any?

Although Rooney had to pull him up about his attitude in training. Not at all a fan, wastes too many chances and couldn't trap a bag of cement.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Although Rooney had to pull him up about his attitude in training. Not at all a fan, wastes too many chances and couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Meant on pitch. They were great mates but happy to be corrected. Totally agree re goal chances - huge issue when assessing how forward will improve team for final push

Wouldn’t touch Waghorn with a barge pole. Too slow, too heavy, banjo. In fact I wouldn’t go back to any former player that left in the last 3 yrs unless it was Ebiowei or Byrne, and they are well out of reach.

Not sure the lack of rumour is due to Warne being good at covering it up. I think it’s because there is actually very little activity. EFL restrictions make squad improvement very difficult at the best of times, let alone the Jan window. If we bring someone in, they have to improve quality, ideally of the first XI not just the squad. There is no interest in just another warm body.

Warne will be happy with the status quo. Bringing in 1 or 2 players would be quite an achievement if they improve the first XI.

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We ideally need some pace up front to replace Osula. 

Do we - he hardly played - I know what you mean but seriously he didn’t really show much and there can’t be many more we can get out there 

I think our market is the experienced not wanted anymore types (which might be what we need based on McGoldrick and Collins) 

with us being in the third division the likes of Connor Wickham,Waghorn and Chris Martin could all prove useful especially if they know being first or second choice is not happening 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Do we - he hardly played - I know what you mean but seriously he didn’t really show much and there can’t be many more we can get out there 

I think our market is the experienced not wanted anymore types (which might be what we need based on McGoldrick and Collins) 

with us being in the third division the likes of Connor Wickham,Waghorn and Chris Martin could all prove useful especially if they know being first or second choice is not happening 

He hardly played because Collins and McGoldrick were never injured at the same time.   If that happens we need cover and it would be nice to have a different option and competition for places as well.

3 hours ago, Matchday Fred said:

Wouldn’t touch Waghorn with a barge pole. Too slow, too heavy, banjo. In fact I wouldn’t go back to any former player that left in the last 3 yrs unless it was Ebiowei or Byrne, and they are well out of reach.

Not sure the lack of rumour is due to Warne being good at covering it up. I think it’s because there is actually very little activity. EFL restrictions make squad improvement very difficult at the best of times, let alone the Jan window. If we bring someone in, they have to improve quality, ideally of the first XI not just the squad. There is no interest in just another warm body.

Warne will be happy with the status quo. Bringing in 1 or 2 players would be quite an achievement if they improve the first XI.

Agree. Waghorn is finished, he's well past his best now. I think we got him just at the right point of his career where he was at his peak, or maybe even just after it. That season at Ipswich he was very good as he was in his first season with us. After that you could sort of see the decline. I think we got as much as we could out of waghorn. 

8 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Carlos Borges on loan from Man City would be class if his performance against us in the PJT was anything to go by... 

I would personally give Paul Warne a happy ending if we signed him on loan. His pace was absolutely frightening, more so than NML.

Edited by SK47

Liam Delap has been recalled by City, although I expect him to join a Championship club. We do have some leverage as there is no doubt clauses attached between the clubs (if we haven't already monetised them). 

He hasn't done very well at Stoke, to say the least, although not many players actually do tend to do well there. 

It's still probably unlikely, but would be interesting to see him actually play in a Derby shirt. 

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Liam Delap has been recalled by City, although I expect him to join a Championship club. We do have some leverage as there is no doubt clauses attached between the clubs (if we haven't already monetised them). 

He hasn't done very well at Stoke, to say the least, although not many players actually do tend to do well there. 

It's still probably unlikely, but would be interesting to see him actually play in a Derby shirt. 

Think we had a 20% sell on that we had to cash in for 500k this time last year or two weeks of Haarlands wages as it's better known.  That was it.

Been in town today, Had a coffee and cake in M&S Café, Pretty sure Martyn Waghorn was on the next table to me with I assume his wife, He was pointing to some houses over Chaddesden way and said to the women there's some good property's over there, Wow I thought is he signing for us Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield  

21 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

When are the restrictions going to end ffs the poison has left the club 

We need a decent period of sensible finances. 6 months isn't going to cut it. We need to run on a tight budget for a lot longer yet. The plus side is, once we come out of that, we'll have a huge amount of FFP wiggle room. But really, you can't blame the EFL for wanting us to be run frugally for a while. 

33 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Think we had a 20% sell on that we had to cash in for 500k this time last year or two weeks of Haarlands wages as it's better known.  That was it.

All in, Haaland pulls in over £800k a week (I believe) so a little over 4 days wages.

32 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Been in town today, Had a coffee and cake in M&S Café, Pretty sure Martyn Waghorn was on the next table to me with I assume his wife, He was pointing to some houses over Chaddesden way and said to the women there's some good property's over there, Wow I thought is he signing for us Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield  

Lives in Quarndon