January Window

1of4

4 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

If Derby got promoted I could see Belick as an option to come back as part of a three man central defence but would have to be on much lower wages.

He has another year on his existing contract, I can't see him reducing his wages, unless it's in exchange for a longer contract and I don't think that that's very likely.

Hopefully, PW's going to come up with a couple of last minute signings, here did allude to this the other day when he said that clubs previously wanting transfer fees are now just wanting to get rid. Maybe we can get someone on a short term contract, with a view to a longer deal in the summer.

Just hoping,after last night,that we are able to bring in a striker to back up mcgoldrick.

Dobbin is always a breath of fresh air when he comes on and is good for assists but collo is struggling to either assist or score for the past couple of months.

Not much choice out there in January with our pay rates combined with the lack of quality available so I'm not particularly hopeful of it actually happening.

51 minutes ago, ram59 said:

He has another year on his existing contract, I can't see him reducing his wages, unless it's in exchange for a longer contract and I don't think that that's very likely.

Hopefully, PW's going to come up with a couple of last minute signings, here did allude to this the other day when he said that clubs previously wanting transfer fees are now just wanting to get rid. Maybe we can get someone on a short term contract, with a view to a longer deal in the summer.

I thought beiliks contract ran out this year,which is the problem we have with him...if we dont sell him this window,he will be going on a free in the summer?

I think today is a big day for the club, if we are to maintain a top 2 push, we need bodies. With Max Bird joining Sibley on the sidelines we lose 2 players in the current system and style, with Korey Smith no doubt moving into midfield. I don't think it can be understated just how important Smith has been at RB for us.

While a playoff place is looking the more likely and probable outcome, if we are to keep up with the top 2 we need something today.

Lyle Taylor would have been ideal too.

9 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Surely one of the easiest players to get is Connor Wickham, not hooked up with anyone since leaving Forest Green. Got 9 goals in 20 games in all competitions. Sure he's 30 in March but that's still younger than Collins and McGoldrick Crucially he is free and not a child.

Also injury prone.