January Window

1of4

Sounds like Swansea might recall Whitaker from Plymouth. That would help.

Marriot, at first glance, is a hard no. The instincts are there, lively pace, proven goalscorer at this level, but the bit between his ears is a problem.

Isn't that what Warne is all about though? Making players feel loved, respected, getting them fit and getting good performances from them? It could be a masterstroke.

Edited by Needlesh

23 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Marriot, at first glance, is a hard no. The instincts are there, lively pace, proven goalscorer at this level, but the bit between his ears is a problem.

Isn't that what Warne is all about though? Making players feel loved, respected, getting them fit and getting good performances from them? It could be a masterstroke.

Wasn’t that just speculation on the EFL show, given how well he is playing, or have you heard/seen it somewhere else?

"Asked about the links to Shinnie and Nelson, Rams head coach Warne told DerbyshireLive: "Well Curtis Nelson, I was going to say no comment, but he gets mentioned every window and I have definitely said that there's no truth in that.

"Graeme Shinnie went to our game the other week because my son sat beside him and he said 'dad I guarantee you get linked with him'. So I've been linked with him because he was at our game the other day. That's it. So there ladies and gentlemen lies the Internet. It's absolute full of toot. So no truth."

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Asked about the links to Shinnie and Nelson, Rams head coach Warne told DerbyshireLive: "Well Curtis Nelson, I was going to say no comment, but he gets mentioned every window and I have definitely said that there's no truth in that.

"Graeme Shinnie went to our game the other week because my son sat beside him and he said 'dad I guarantee you get linked with him'. So I've been linked with him because he was at our game the other day. That's it. So there ladies and gentlemen lies the Internet. It's absolute full of toot. So no truth."

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Good. Once we get a right back, that frees up Smith. No need for Shinnie.

34 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

According to Peterborough fans these have gone and that’s why they are getting rid 

53 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

RB and LB, so we no longer have CMs playing in those positions. Frees them up to play where they should be.
Winger - competition for Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen and Dobbin. Also means we won't be bringing a raw CF on and playing him on the wing.

The only other one would be a CF to replace Osula, but not too important due to him only being 3rd choice CF. The previous 3 positions are to add depth, this would be to improve the quality in the squad. Osula's only started 3 league games (when Collins was suspended and McGoldrick was injured). Despite scoring 5 and assisting 1 in his 6 starts in all competitions, he hasn't had any meaningful contribution off the bench. If we did get an upgrade, it would have to be someone who is ready.

Agree with Smith but Sibbo has shown far more playing at LB than he has more advanced. For me if possible I would send Osula, Roberts and Anang back to free up wages/loans. With such restraints we can't afford passengers. Replace them with players who are genuinely better than what we have.