Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Exactly. You can’t have it both ways. We didn’t deserve to draw against MK, we were robbed. If we’d have hung on today then Bristol would have felt robbed because they were the better team, but over the two games it would be balanced.

The main reason we are not discussing a smash and grab today is due to another horrific refereeing decision, and it is an absolute shocker, and the worst thing is the ref was in no position to be giving that, he f****** guessed!!  Anyone who thinks it’s a penalty my wife is an optician and I can arrange an appointment for you.

Not sure 🤔 

6 hours ago, Leecamp24 said:

This guy is taking us nowhere. 5-4-1 in the second half against Bristol Rovers is absolutely pathetic. Nigel Clough II strap in for years of nothingness with this clown 

A 0-1 win would have been excellent and he nearly made it.  Nothing wrong away from home defending a lead especially if you’re finding it hard to score goals. Not sure he had the right players on to defend the lead though 

I watch football to be entertained. Warne is not entertaining me with the current "spectacle" on offer, as a matter of fact, it's mind numbing. 

I was exited when Warne was first appointed. I honestly thought that he would get us playing some decent stuff. Now I am not so sure about him.

Edited by DanS1992

3 hours ago, DanS1992 said:

I watch football to be entertained. Warne is not entertaining me with the current "spectacle" on offer, as a matter of fact, it's mind numbing. 

I was exited when Warne was first appointed. I honestly thought that he would get us playing some decent stuff. Now I am not so sure about him.

We were playing some decent stuff that's the thing. Where it's all gone in the last few weeks I don't know. He needs to ditch this formation for the final games and go back to what was working before. 

This topic makes me laugh! 

A year ago we were questioning wether we’d have a club, now we are expecting instant success, and calling for a managers head who’s had x1 January window where his hands were tied. 

We were always going to struggle this season with the likes of Hourihane, Mendez Laing, Barkhausen, Forsyth (and the list goes on.) These players have all the experience in the world which helped us during Christmas, but the relentless nature of the division makes it incredibly difficult for these players to keep up. 

I remember watching Michael Johnson on sky when we played Portsmouth earlier in the year and he stated that a 10th place finish would be a success for the club. I agreed and still agree with him to be fair. 

We need a building period! It’s going to hurt and it’s going to take time, but the utter mess of the Morris tenure has taken us back 5 years. Paul Warne is the man to take us forward! He knows the division like the back of his hand and the whole setup of the club is built around sustainability and building for the future.

The short sightedness of fans has been apparent for years now and it seem the pantomime in the boardroom has spread into the terraces!

Let’s be grateful that we have a club, and let’s push the lads on to a playoff place! Up the Rams! 

11 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

And imagine if we had kept hold of them for more than 1 season.. give them the chance to build on what they had 

tbh that question re reasonable results with what they had is a sit down over the beer conversation as theres lots of caveats with that statement.. and depends if ur thinking short or long term…take lampard,  short term he did really well to get us so close,some brilliant short term loans obviously.  but permanent signings ie the ones u would have expected to be at the club for the longer term were bloody expensive, bloody shocking and v v costly in the big picture

Didn't we basically fund Ipswich building much of their current promotion winning team with the money we spunked on waghorn?

Why can't we find a one season wonder who some maniac will give us 5mil for....

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Didn't we basically fund Ipswich building much of their current promotion winning team with the money we spunked on waghorn?

Why can't we find a one season wonder who some maniac will give us 5mil for....

We wouldn’t be allowed to spend any of that money until next summer unless the business plan gets adjusted.

FWIW I think we need to stick with Warne this summer and see what he can do with a larger squad with players that fit a few other positions.

Yes, the current form is terrible and seeing the team fail to string together more than a handful of passes on a regular basis is really frustrating, but we are watching a team who have ran out of steam with no back up options in the squad. I remember when we were all enjoying the winning run and the same team was playing good, fluid football. So we know that with the right players and fitness levels that Warne can get his teams playing good stuff.

Let’s hope for a decent end to the season, without too many high expectations. Get behind the team and show them our appreciation for their efforts over a tough slog of a season and  get ready for some transfer activity in the summer where we can actually build a closer to full strength squad for next year.

4 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

A year ago we were questioning wether we’d have a club, now we are expecting instant success, and calling for a managers head who’s had x1 January window where his hands were tied. 

We were always going to struggle this season with the likes of Hourihane, Mendez Laing, Barkhausen, Forsyth (and the list goes on.) These players have all the experience in the world which helped us during Christmas, but the relentless nature of the division makes it incredibly difficult for these players to keep up. 

I remember watching Michael Johnson on sky when we played Portsmouth earlier in the year and he stated that a 10th place finish would be a success for the club. I agreed and still agree with him to be fair. 

We need a building period! It’s going to hurt and it’s going to take time, but the utter mess of the Morris tenure has taken us back 5 years. Paul Warne is the man to take us forward! He knows the division like the back of his hand and the whole setup of the club is built around sustainability and building for the future.

The short sightedness of fans has been apparent for years now and it seem the pantomime in the boardroom has spread into the terraces!

Let’s be grateful that we have a club, and let’s push the lads on to a playoff place! Up the Rams! 

Couldn’t agree more 👏

Whilst I’m grateful that we have a team one year later, I’m getting a little tired of that being continually pulled out every time a fan has a question on the absolute drab that’s being executed on the pitch.

The fact is Rosenoir bought some good players to the club. So we have, albeit small and albeit missing a couple of players in certain positions, but we have a good team of football players.

Therefore, I look at the current. The absolute dross that Paul Warnes tactics are delivering on the pitch are atrocious. Lumping it up but with no one in behind, playing into channels for either our none pacy strikers to chase or wingbacks who let’s be honest, we shouldn’t be wasting their time with defensive work, or the lack of imagination or creativity in our play.

The only reason I’m still supporting Warne is that he has specific tactics, he plays them and he he certainly doesn’t have the players to execute them. However, you’ve got to change your approach Paul. You need to work with the players you have, not with implementing a style which you don’t have players for. Show me you have the ability to do this.

However, I genuinely think that if anyone thinks we will get promoted to the Prem (one of the reasons Warne left Rotherham) plying his tactics is in cloud cuckoo land. It’s League One football and I can see, with the right players, how he could get out of this league but that’s it at most.

Right now though his tactics are costing us a League One play-off place. If we don’t get in the play-offs he’s failed as far as I am concerned.

I am not on the Warne out camp, I fail to see the value in constantly letting managers go and it’s too costly, but this season is certainly frustrating.

14 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s pretty obvious the point PW was making. We may have been extremely lucky to still be ahead going into the 95th minute but we were. They may have had 4 gilt edged chances but they didn’t score any so, they count for nothing. I’ve not seen the replays and I really don’t subscribe to this conspiracy theory but if it was a shocking penalty decision then the ref did cost us the win. Rovers may have battered us and may have deserved at least a draw but, by all accounts, it was only a poor referee decision that denied us in the end not all of Bristols possession and gilt edged chances.

i was there mate and you are spot on , we were 2nd best but it was a poor decision from the ref who cost us 2pts

13 hours ago, Topram said:

Warne Is Clowse man so get behind him, he’s going to be here next year no matter what so actually just back the team, this isn’t his squad nor the formation he wants, I believe with his players and his squad we win this league next year, just back them like we did last year and let’s see, after starting with 5 players it’s mad we are actually fighting with 4 games to go ffs, Warne is the man let’s move forward 

Lin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony Awards

11 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

How many times did we put more two passes together in their half. More than three anywhere. We were embarrassingly disjointed. These are professional players. PW is not playing to their strengths. 

so its Warnes fault that professional footballers cant pass to the same coloured shirt , ok, ffs

4 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Season 23 Singing GIF by The Voice