The 21 points song

NottsRam77

Can we get it right now please lol

Last season .. we are staying up.. we were fighting against relegation

this season .. were going up .. we hope to be challenging for promotion 

is this not an obvious change in our circumstances, situation and goal for the year mimics what we sing about

moan over lol

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Can we get it right now please lol

Last season .. we are staying up.. we were fighting against relegation

this season .. were going up .. we hope to be challenging for promotion 

is this not an obvious change in our circumstances, situation and goal for the year mimics what we sing about

moan over lol

Or .....we are on the up !

Isn’t it quite simple! 

we’ve changed “we are Derby County and we are staying up” to we are “Derby County and we’re coming straight back up”

Mind you I understand it’s difficult for a fan base that for serval years still can’t clap in time to Steve Bloomers watching ?

We have to remember, this whole season is BECAUSE of the points deduction.  We would still be Championship without the minus 21.

Therefore, a mere "(Cos or And) We are on the up", or "(Cos or And) We are going up" doesn't hit the spot.  Peterborough could have sang that yesterday.  Anyone sat around the top ten could sing it.  It is nigh on meaningless.  No more meaningful as singing "We're gonna win the cup, and now you're gonna believe us"... after knocking out Norwich* in The 3rd round!

This season HAS to be a response to the minus 21.  It HAS to back up our claim to not giving a feck!  To fighting the good fight.  Our two fingers to The EFL.  Our potential/perceived fightback HAS to be seen as just that... a fightback against the EFL, and their minus 21, not just any old run of the mill promotion...
Promotion DESPITE their minus 21, and enforced relegation.

So I say...

They docked us 21 points
But we don't give a duck
(Cos) We are Derby County
(And) WE'LL COME STRAIGHT BACK UP...

That's what I've been singing... and it'll need a wizard with a floppy pointy hat to get me to change to any other lyrics.

*For example only.  Other farming fraternity football clubs, named after a bird, are available... maybe! 

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Isn’t it quite simple! 

we’ve changed “we are Derby County and we are staying up” to we are “Derby County and we’re coming straight back up”

Mind you I understand it’s difficult for a fan base that for serval years still can’t clap in time to Steve Bloomers watching ?

I don't know whether I'm COMING or GOING.

I've been singing...Going?‍♀️

55 minutes ago, David said:

Who is the we here as it can’t be a big we when it still sounds a mess?

That’s the 4th version in this topic already.

Maybe we need some song sheets going out again ??

I guess the we is just me then ?

How about some songs that don't involve foul language? In particular the F word... if you don't Fing bounce, and we don't give a F, F the EFL....and of course the Collymore song which was on show again on saturday...non of this puts us in a good place when you hear it in the background on TV for example. Not exactly what you want your kids to hear is it?

19 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

How about some songs that don't involve foul language? In particular the F word... if you don't Fing bounce, and we don't give a F, F the EFL....and of course the Collymore song which was on show again on saturday...non of this puts us in a good place when you hear it in the background on TV for example. Not exactly what you want your kids to hear is it?

My kid's 23, I'm not that offended.

22 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

It's an f-ing football match.

If you don't think your kids swear at school or listen to it on YouTube, or have managed to avoid all streaming services, or never played online computer games, then I don't know what to f-ing say. 

F this.