The 21 points song

NottsRam77

33 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

How about some songs that don't involve foul language? In particular the F word... if you don't Fing bounce, and we don't give a F, F the EFL....and of course the Collymore song which was on show again on saturday...non of this puts us in a good place when you hear it in the background on TV for example. Not exactly what you want your kids to hear is it?

Found the guy sky commentators have to apologise to. 

32 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

How about some songs that don't involve foul language? In particular the F word... if you don't Fing bounce, and we don't give a F, F the EFL....and of course the Collymore song which was on show again on saturday...non of this puts us in a good place when you hear it in the background on TV for example. Not exactly what you want your kids to hear is it?

Sometimes the only way you can get your point across is with a good old fashioned swear. ‘We don’t really care’, doesn’t quite have the same ring to it, isn’t delivered with the same forcefulness, and righteousness.

Billy Connelly once did a really good bit about the power of swearing. Comparing a good ‘F off’ with the alternatives of ‘go away’ or ‘get lost’. 

There’s a reason 15 films are allowed one F bomb, because when it’s the only one in the film, it is really used to hammer home a point. 

my mum used to say that those who swear have a limited vocabulary, but I would argue that I regularly use at least 10 more words than she does, so who has the limited vocabulary?

finally, slightly off topic, but I remember a kid getting sent to the head masters office in junior school for singing, ‘I wanna sex you up’, but these days, I catch my daughter listening to Ariana grande, who was a Disney star, but swears more in her lyrics than Snoop Dogg. I really don’t think they can avoid it these days, and the background noise of a football match on the radio really isn’t going to be the straw the broke the camels back for them. And I wouldn’t want them too either, I’d rather they have the extended vocabulary. 

1 hour ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

My kids are more potty mouthed than I am. 

i always chant 'and we're coming straight back up' as it just seems to fit.  Totally agree with an earlier poster about how this chant needs to be a part of our comeback too;  the  chant originated as a response to an  EFL imposed penalty and a campaign against us by two ars**ole chairman so we should definitely keep it in use until we're back in the Premier League for me. Personally, this is also one of my favourite chants, both for some of the memorable renditions last season (such as fulham at home where it was sang for 10 minutes at the start and end of the game in high spirits) and the fact everyone knows it so cascades around the stadium creating a wonderful noise. 

Getting ahead of myself, but assuming this conundrum gets sorted out, I wonder what it’ll be like in future seasons. It’s a great chant, and it represents a significant role in our recent history now. Yes, this is a direct response to the EFL and our current circumstances, and going straight back up would be 2 fingers up to them. But what if we don’t go straight back up? What if we do go straight back up? Will we ditch the chant then, because it was a of a certain time and place (doesn’t seem to apply to the folly more one). Or do the lyrics change again? How long do we stay in league one before the ‘straight’ is dropped? If we’re ok the championship, do we hedge our bets and go with ‘staying up’ again, or optimistically ‘going up’?

12 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Can we get it right now please lol

Last season .. we are staying up.. we were fighting against relegation

this season .. were going up .. we hope to be challenging for promotion 

is this not an obvious change in our circumstances, situation and goal for the year mimics what we sing about

moan over lol

Wait... you're telling me it's not "we will win promotion" ?

27 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Getting ahead of myself, but assuming this conundrum gets sorted out, I wonder what it’ll be like in future seasons. It’s a great chant, and it represents a significant role in our recent history now. Yes, this is a direct response to the EFL and our current circumstances, and going straight back up would be 2 fingers up to them. But what if we don’t go straight back up? What if we do go straight back up? Will we ditch the chant then, because it was a of a certain time and place (doesn’t seem to apply to the folly more one). Or do the lyrics change again? How long do we stay in league one before the ‘straight’ is dropped? If we’re ok the championship, do we hedge our bets and go with ‘staying up’ again, or optimistically ‘going up’?

If we do…

”And we came straight back up”

If we don’t, I say give it 3 seasons, then give it up as a bad job!  ?